UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im guessing we all use street view/maps with cases like this - digital tools can be useful. If using street view, has anyone come across a street that has been duplicated but at different times? ie Going up the road there might be a car or something, a sign etc then moving up and viewing from a slightly different spot / angle, the car gone, sign changed, building amended and it’s a different season!
Yes, that happens on a regular basis

Norton has a horse racing place called Declan Carroll racing - is this Sutton stables. Norton isnt a very big place cant remember any other stables
Sorry, I think I have given you wrong information. Curiosity2 reminded me that Sutton Stables was owned by Transcore so that is where I had heard the name. Judging by Claudia's social life, I don't think she had much to do with Cobweb. I have a feeling that he was old and either not being ridden anymore or on loan to someone. Having a horse myself, I know how time consuming they are. Of course he could have been on full livery somewhere but that is expensive and defeats the purpose of having a horse for leisure. He may have been on grass livery and didn't need daily attention. I cant see Claudia going morning and night to look after him.
The other stables/horses mentioned way way back was the stables of Racehorse Trainer Richard Fahey. There were photos posted of one of the POI's in the winners enclosure at at race meeting. Possibly York. He is based at Malton.

I've always wondered why Claudia's insurance company or the garage that fixed her car didn't offer a courtesy car to travel to work

Wasn’t their stables on Bolton Lane as mentioned recently. This came about after the confusion between Malton Road and Bolton Road when misspoken by the DCI in his appeal. It was suggested their were stables at Bolton Lane by a fellow Sleuth

Wasn’t their stables on Bolton Lane as mentioned recently. This came about after the confusion between Malton Road and Bolton Road when misspoken by the DCI in his appeal. It was suggested their were stables at Bolton Lane by a fellow Sleuth
It sounds like Monkton Road to me, not Bolton road ...

Well, yes, I think that is the situation. The police tried to go to court with their theory but the CPR didn't think they had a strong enough case. Sadly the police just don't have enough evidence imo. I think now, at almost 12 years, it's going to be difficult to get anymore evidence. Someone needs to talk, that's the only way the truth will come out imo. People know, half a dozen or so close knit people know.
I feel quite despondent about the case at the moment, probably due to the passing of PL.
If it hadn't been for covid there may have been some tell tale behaviour, in relation to the funeral of PL, from suspects. NYP have been unfortunate there. Though a certain someone who loves the limelight looked like she couldn't wait to get off camera in a recent C5 news interview about PL passing.
IMOO
Any links to a certain someone that likes the limelight? It just shows how much warmth there is for Cl even after 12 years - JK doing charitable events to try and raise much needed funds

Malton road is at the top of Heworth road, Monkton road is 2 or 3 roads north of that. Was the black pickup followed to Monkton Road?
I didn’t know there was a monkton road until I heard this and then looked at google earth. Listen closely, it’s not Bolton road in my ears ... as regards the black SUV there are two possibly three around Claudias area at the time of her vanishing as these can be seen on google street view august 2008. One which looks the same (black with silver wing mirrors / roof bars and no cover on the back trailer part) isn’t a Ford ranger thunder (wild track I think is what’s written on the side of them) its a Nissan... can be seen august 2008 at Melrosegate roundabout but looks very similar also to the car sought after.

I didn’t know there was a monkton road until I heard this and then looked at google earth. Listen closely, it’s not Bolton road in my ears ... as regards the black SUV there are two possibly three around Claudias area at the time of her vanishing as these can be seen on google street view august 2008. One which looks the same (black with silver wing mirrors / roof bars and no cover on the back trailer part) isn’t a Ford ranger thunder (wild track I think is what’s written on the side of them) its a Nissan... can be seen august 2008 at Melrosegate roundabout but looks very similar also to the car sought after.
@LuluR38 whats the relevance of monkton road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288