Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some people in Delphi probably hear him talking about overcoming adversity through faith and his appreciation for all the casseroles they brought to the command center and think, wow - that was awkward and unprofessional. I wish he'd make sure the killer is caught already. And then others think wow - he really cares about what we are going through as a community and mourns with us. The good news is that people can feel different ways about it and no one is wrong.

What may be a little misguided, IMO, is seeing what he said about The Shack when he clarified his remarks and then saying - hmmm, I still think he's lying and it really is a code or clue to the killer. That's a little odd to me just because Websleuths is a fact-based forum and that's as close to a fact as you can get to a fact from the mouth of LE: "There was no shack."
LE also references a book right after he talks about the movie. He mentions evil, death and eternity. Then he talks about the girls not being the same as BG left them. I believe he wants BG to know that the girls are now in heaven. The fact that they are not how BG left them may anger or bother him.

eh ? so it was all about DC? imo he should focus on catching the killer , the press conference should be focused on that not his feelings on the matter! wow!

It was about DC and his faith.
Having said that, it was also likely an appeal to the killer, who might have "a tiny bit of decency left." I MO, it was DC'S way of saying, " you may still find redemption and receive forgiveness if you come forward and take responsibility for what you have done. "
This was obviously a futile attempt, but there was a hope, (I would assume) that if this person came from a background of faith, they might be swayed to confess.
AMOO JMO MOO

Whether we agree with what Carter said about the book/movie 'The Shack,' and why, we can agree that he himself acknowledges that there was no shack involved.
True
I did not give much thought or time into the Shack reference.
I admit at first I wondered if it was a clue but immediately dismissed it.
JMO

LE also references a book right after he talks about the movie. He mentions evil, death and eternity. Then he talks about the girls not being the same as BG left them. I believe he wants BG to know that the girls are now in heaven. The fact that they are not how BG left them may anger or bother him.

As to the bolded part, honestly, this should have been our first clue that he was just sharing a personal recommendation. He mentions the movie, and then tells us "there's also a book..." When I first heard this, I thought, what other book? What talks about evil, about death, and about eternity? Is he talking about the Bible? Now I realize he was saying he recently watched a movie but it's an adaptation of a book and he recommends them both. Just my opinion after hearing his answer about whether the reference was about anything other than faith and his assertion that it wasn't referencing anything evidentiary about the crime.

MOO It will be as simple as someone recalling the blue jacket with camo sleeves and the fanny pack, as articles belonging to someone they knew or still know. Together, in my opinion, they are distinct enough.

MOO It will be as simple as someone recalling the blue jacket with camo sleeves and the fanny pack, as articles belonging to someone they knew or still know. Together, in my opinion, they are distinct enough.
I hope that someone has already recalled those things and reported it and the wheels are in motion. If that hadn’t happened yet, I guess it doesn’t sound like such simplicity is going to happen. I’ve spent some time looking up tactical, rain, windbreaker, golf, etc. jackets and I’m not sure I’ve seen one like you describe. Do you think there is still one on the market or in Google images you can share?

Could be.

I'm thinking some day BG will mention the bridge to someone in a regular, casual conversation, and then person he's talking to will have an "aha" realization.

It's a long shot, I know.

jmo

Whether we agree with what Carter said about the book/movie 'The Shack,' and why, we can agree that he himself acknowledges that there was no shack involved.
True
JMO
True
JMO
Yes, I am quoting myself.
just want to add the only reason I thought for a moment the Shack might be important is due to Nicole Bowen case right before the presser. JMO
I no longer think it has anything to do with Libby and Abby but that is why I thought for a moment it could have.

It was about DC and his faith.
Having said that, it was also likely an appeal to the killer, who might have "a tiny bit of decency left." I MO, it was DC'S way of saying, " you may still find redemption and receive forgiveness if you come forward and take responsibility for what you have done. "
This was obviously a futile attempt, but there was a hope, (I would assume) that if this person came from a background of faith, they might be swayed to confess.
AMOO JMO MOO
I agree with you raven moon, don’t we all hope that this guy has a little conscience left. Unfortunately there are those people that don’t have a shred of conscience.

True
JMO

Yes, I am quoting myself.
just want to add the only reason I thought for a moment the Shack might be important is due to Nicole Bowen case right before the presser. JMO
I no longer think it has anything to do with Libby and Abby but that is why I thought for a moment it could have.
The shack reference does make me wonder if there was a religious signature at the crime scene.

The shack reference does make me wonder if there was a religious signature at the crime scene.

Yes I was thinking more along those lines than it literally being a reference to a "shack" near by or relevant.

I was also thinking about the crime scene , as i said before it being "pristine" , the fact that the police did not put out an alert for people to come forward who saw a guy in that area or who came home , with blood on them, that this crime was likely committed by strangulation , garote , but not a knife or gun JMO I still do not understand why they would not put out after all this time the causes of deaths , JMO I hate that this case is going cold.

Google Image Result for https://a5e8126a499f8a963166-f72e9078d72b8c998606fd6e0319b679.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/images/variant/large/rawlings_RP9718_black.jpg
MOO he was wearing a snap coach jacket with slam pockets.
Google Image Result for https://a5e8126a499f8a963166-f72e9078d72b8c998606fd6e0319b679.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/images/variant/large/rawlings_RP9718_black.jpg

"The Shack" movie had just aired locally in the Midwest before the last PC.
Watching it was a cultural event, everyone watched it together.
MOO that's why DC mentioned it. To establish common experience.
It also to suggests that as you watched "The Shack" with family, the killer might have been in the room with you, just like he might be at the PC.

I was also thinking about the crime scene , as i said before it being "pristine" , the fact that the police did not put out an alert for people to come forward who saw a guy in that area or who came home , with blood on them, that this crime was likely committed by strangulation , garote , but not a knife or gun JMO I still do not understand why they would not put out after all this time the causes of deaths , JMO I hate that this case is going cold.
Strangulation is likely because it's so common with serial killers. To do that, he must have incapacited one of the girls or used some kind of restraints on them. He wouldn't have been able to take the time to strangle one girl if the other one was free and able to run away or call for help.

One glaring hole I keep thinking about is we have 2 sketches who according to the multi agency task force are 2 different people. We are also told the original sketch is no longer a POI. Yet someone described this person to an FBI sketch artist as being there that day, so at the very least this POI was a witness. Yet for two years the entire country is told to be looking for this guy. Why did he not come forward if he had nothing to do with it?

Maybe Jim Clemente was actually right about original sketch being a sex offender with multiple arrests. And the reason he never came forward was because he thought they'd think it was him. I still think hiding for that long makes you look more guilty. I also find it hard to believe a dangerous sex offender was there the same day someone kidnapped and murdered 2 girls.

Things just do not add up.

One glaring hole I keep thinking about is we have 2 sketches who according to the multi agency task force are 2 different people. We are also told the original sketch is no longer a POI. Yet someone described this person to an FBI sketch artist as being there that day, so at the very least this POI was a witness. Yet for two years the entire country is told to be looking for this guy. Why did he not come forward if he had nothing to do with it?

Maybe Jim Clemente was actually right about original sketch being a sex offender with multiple arrests. And the reason he never came forward was because he thought they'd think it was him. I still think hiding for that long makes you look more guilty. I also find it hard to believe a dangerous sex offender was there the same day someone kidnapped and murdered 2 girls.

BBM-
Yes, it was mentioned Sketch #1 no longer of interest.
And the, just to confuse everyone some more and contradict themselves LE said ---
""They also say they now believe that the second sketch is a more accurate depiction of the suspect, although the actual suspect may likely be a mix between both sketches.

"The sketch isn’t a photograph. A sketch is a sketch and that’s really important for everybody to understand," Carter said. "I believe that the individual, when we catch him, it will be a combination of those two.”

So --- either sketch #1 is irrelevant or could be part of a combo sketch.
YIKES !!!
The Delphi Murders: Four years later Libby & Abby's killer is still out there (wrtv.com)

This thread is closed temporarily to clean up TOS violations which discuss another member of Websleuths. Check back later, maybe tomorrow. Take this time to review the TOS so that this doesn’t happen again.

3/21 AM - THREAD HAS NOW REOPENED.
Please keep the discussion within the TOS.
THANK YOU for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly.

Last edited:

I believe this is exactly what happened and why they moved to the second sketch. If my memory is correct on timing, they had a press conference for the anniversary in February 2019 and moved to the second sketch in that now well-known press conference in April 2019. I think between February and April 2019, this person was identified or came forward. I believe sketch number two (young) was not seen by many people, or possibly seen by only one person. When the sketch of the older man was identified and investigated, the lightbulb clicked on for law-enforcement that there was one more person at the bridge that has not come forward and has not been identified, and that person is young bridge guy. By process of elimination, he is now the person of interest even though he does not look like the man in the very blurry image we have.

I believe this is exactly what happened and why they moved to the second sketch. If my memory is correct on timing, they had a press conference for the anniversary in February 2019 and moved to the second sketch in that now well-known press conference in April 2019. I think between February and April 2019, this person was identified or came forward. I believe sketch number two (young) was not seen by many people, or possibly seen by only one person. When the sketch of the older man was identified and investigated, the lightbulb clicked on for law-enforcement that there was one more person at the bridge that has not come forward and has not been identified, and that person is young bridge guy. By process of elimination, he is now the person of interest even though he does not look like the man in the very blurry image we have.

If the the guy in the first sketch has been identified and supposedly cleared, then why is LE still pushing for people to look at the still photo and video of the BG? This has never made sense to me. If that’s true why would LE not just pull the video and photo off their site and say “this is not relevant anymore”. Just another LE communication stumble where they seem unable to get across to the public what exactly is the situation.

IIRC, no sketch was up during the Feb. 2019 PC. Perhaps the tables were already turning at that point, but they were not yet at a place to introduce the second sketch. JMO

TL has repeatedly said that in reality, nobody is cleared until the murderer has been found guilty, and he's also said that they still consider the possibility of there being more than one person involved. DC makes comments about the sketches not being photographs, and the suspect looking like a combination of both, etc.

IMO, while maybe a bit confusing, LE is rightfully covering all their bases because there's still some major unanswered questions in the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie