GA - Elijah Wood 23, RaceTrac convenience store clerk shot & killed, Oconee Co, 19 Mar 2021 *Arrest*

NotALawyer

Reaction score
Oconee County Georgia Sheriff's Office

On 3/19/2021 sometime between 1:00 and 2:00 AM, a clerk was shot and killed at the RaceTrac located at Hog Mountain Road and Highway 441.

The name of the clerk is not being released at this time pending family notifications.

A picture of a white male posted earlier to the Sheriff's Office Facebook page is of a potential witness. That person is not a suspect. It is imperative that we speak with that individual.

Anyone with information on this incident is encouraged to contact Investigator Eaton at zeaton@oconeesheriff.org or 706-769-3945.

Sheriff releases new surveillance video in murder of RaceTrac clerk, close-up photos of shooter’s eyes

OCONEE COUNTY, Ga. — The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office has released new surveillance footage and photos of the suspect in the murder or a 23-year-old RaceTrac store clerk.

Elijah Woods was shot and killed March 19 at the store on Hog Mountain Road. Police said a customer found him dead of gunshot wounds around 2 a.m.

The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office initially released still photos of the masked shooter, dressed in all black and armed with a handgun. . . .

Last edited:
162561724_4579975128696148_8357859150212193280_n.png
162596585_4579975352029459_9220926670627026669_n.png

Female? Male? Caucasian?

I lived in that area for 6 years so I've been following this case. There has been a lot of discussion on the local sheriff's office Facebook page about whether the shooter is a male or female. I personally think the body shape suggests a male, but the walk/run is rather feminine. The close-up photo of the shooter's eyes seem like they could have make-up on, but the image is so lo-res it's hard to tell.

I lived in that area for 6 years so I've been following this case. There has been a lot of discussion on the local sheriff's office Facebook page about whether the shooter is a male or female. I personally think the body shape suggests a male, but the walk/run is rather feminine. The close-up photo of the shooter's eyes seem like they could have make-up on, but the image is so lo-res it's hard to tell.
Yes, I lived near there as well. This is really disturbing. I didn't see a link on here and thought people used to looking at these might have some insight.

162561724_4579975128696148_8357859150212193280_n.png
162596585_4579975352029459_9220926670627026669_n.png

Female? Male? Caucasian?

I think white male based on body type from the first image in the WSBTV video: large shoulder, narrow hips. Also same image, is he wearing some kind of bullet proof vest on his chest under the black outer layer?

Your still is excellent and confirms for me white male. Do I see a lighter shade brown or slightly reddish beard and mustache under that face covering? Can anyone else see that in NotALawyer's enlargement?

I bet the FBI can scrub away that net-like face material and produce a very good likeness of this murderer.

If kind of looks feminine to me but attempting to look more masculine to cover up identity. The walk/run was so animated/bouncy it seemed forced or unnatural. If it is natural, that will be an obvious one to notice at least.

I think white male based on body type from the first image in the WSBTV video: large shoulder, narrow hips. Also same image, is he wearing some kind of bullet proof vest on his chest under the black outer layer?

Your still is excellent and confirms for me white male. Do I see a lighter shade brown or slightly reddish beard and mustache under that face covering? Can anyone else see that in NotALawyer's enlargement?

I bet the FBI can scrub away that net-like face material and produce a very good likeness of this murderer.

In other photos released by news sources of full body stills they have like another red bandana or cloth under the black face mask so i don’t think beard.

Georgia RaceTrac clerk killed; deputies searching for ‘armed, dangerous’ shooter

Scroll down the article to see the full body stills

I kind of wonder maybe gang related? There was red showing on the suspect and it was seemingly targeted. Unless Elijah had enemies, could gang initiation be a thing? Im from rural indiana and there is still gang activity from time to time.

The shooter also could be a first time criminal and didnt take anything because they were shocked by the act of actually killing someone.

$10K Reward offered
$10,000 Reward
Oconee County Georgia Sheriff's Office
1tSmpomnhsorgehd ·
$10,000 Reward offered for information which leads to the arrest of the suspect(s).
The FBI and RaceTrac have donated $5,000 each towards this reward.
There has been an outpouring of interest from the community and businesses to donate money for a reward.
In response, Sheriff Hale has set up “The Sheriff’s Reward fund” with Oconee State Bank. This fund will allow businesses and citizens to donate money for the purpose of issuing rewards for information in criminal cases.
If you wish to donate you may visit any Oconee State Bank location and advise them you wish to donate to the “Sheriff’s Reward Fund”. You may remain anonymous if you wish. Donations are non-refundable.
The money in this account will be managed by Oconee State Bank and can only be used for rewards for information in criminal cases. Any money raised over the posted reward amount will remain in the account for future rewards.

I kind of wonder maybe gang related? There was red showing on the suspect and it was seemingly targeted. Unless Elijah had enemies, could gang initiation be a thing? Im from rural indiana and there is still gang activity from time to time.

The shooter also could be a first time criminal and didnt take anything because they were shocked by the act of actually killing someone.

I don't have a sense of what, if any, gang activity there is there. I guess it could be anywhere.

Someone posted this story in the comments of the Sheriff’s FB page

Former Coker University student, athlete accused in robberies across 3 states
upload_2021-3-23_20-53-23.png
A former Coker University student and athlete, who was found shot to death with a man last Friday inside a Florence motel, is suspected in more than 20 robberies across South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia, according to officials.

Chauntress Evelyn Like, 21, of Westerville, Ohio, and Donovan McMillan, 25, of Hartsville were identified as the victims of the motel shooting, according to Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken.

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-23_20-53-23.jpeg
    upload_2021-3-23_20-53-23.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 36
Someone posted this story in the comments of the Sheriff’s FB page

Former Coker University student, athlete accused in robberies across 3 states
View attachment 289822
A former Coker University student and athlete, who was found shot to death with a man last Friday inside a Florence motel, is suspected in more than 20 robberies across South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia, according to officials.

Chauntress Evelyn Like, 21, of Westerville, Ohio, and Donovan McMillan, 25, of Hartsville were identified as the victims of the motel shooting, according to Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken.

Very interesting. Just odd that there did not appear to be any robbery attempt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back