POI: Joseph Brewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
How typical is it to shoot the messanger.
Who else has done anything in support of Shannan other than John Ray? He is all we got who is publicly advocating on her behalf. Before you disparge John Ray, and point out all his foibles, and imply he is part of a conspiracy, I ask his critics, "What have you done to move this case forward?" Were you in court fighting to have th tapes released? Have you had public press conferences shedding light on this case?

If you believe John Ray is doing a poor job, convince some other lawyer you respect and admire and trust, to step forward and lead the battle.

One thing I can assure you, the SCPD wishes John Ray was never involved.
Windsor, I don't necessarily believe what I said, it's just a theory I playing with and one that I was prompted to share following Wheel's comments. I completely agree that Ray is the only one moving this forward and the only one working on Shannan's behalf and the victims at large. It's just easy to latch onto a perceived hero among an otherwise grim cast of characters. And I'm constantly questioning everything I know and believe about this case.

Listening to Her Community2 LISK episodes. It’s bad editing and the hosts skip around a lot, but there is a lot of info offered. Now question is, how much of it is credible. Someone more experienced in this case would have to weigh in on that.
I'm listening to the podcast now. I'm thoroughly impressed with Dorothy; I had initially wrote her off as some lone nut obsessed with the case but had no idea how eloquent she was since I had never heard her speak. I think she's been unfairly denigrated in the true crime space.

Has anyone listened to the three Long Island Serial Killer episodes on the
‘Her-Community2’ podcast? There are a few things of note in those episodes.
Curious to hear your take on the episode. Right now I’m so distracted by how drunk the host sounds. The hiccups alone are almost too much for me. In addition to the distracting background music. But aside from the superficial criticisms (though I’d prefer someone more capable as the interviewer) there’s many gems in there. The details are such that it would be hard to imagine it as a fabrication.

I think we all are. It's almost impossible not to.
At least here on WS people question themselves. The critical thinking is strong here and what prompted me to join after lurking for a while. The discourse on Reddit is really disappointing; if you don’t get on with the group think hive mind there there’s really little to gain from other posters.

Curious to hear your take on the episode. Right now I’m so distracted by how drunk the host sounds. The hiccups alone are almost too much for me. In addition to the distracting background music. But aside from the superficial criticisms (though I’d prefer someone more capable as the interviewer) there’s many gems in there. The details are such that it would be hard to imagine it as a fabrication.
It’s been a while since I heard the episodes so I will review them between tonight and tomorrow so they’re fresh in my mind before I comment on the main points of relevance and things mentioned that I feel deserve a deeper look. Get back to you on that soon. And yes, that host really has to work on her sound, it’s a podcast for crying out loud, perhaps you might not want to sound like you are chewing on an almond joy or like you just drank a bottle of vino before you hit that microphone!

It’s been a while since I heard the episodes so I will review them between tonight and tomorrow so they’re fresh in my mind before I comment on the main points of relevance and things mentioned that I feel deserve a deeper look. Get back to you on that soon. And yes, that host really has to work on her sound, it’s a podcast for crying out loud, perhaps you might not want to sound like you are chewing on an almond joy or like you just drank a bottle of vino before you hit that microphone!
Hahah, my favorite were the sounds of the quarters dropping into the vending machine. Like its 2021, a toddler could probably make a better podcast at this rate. I did think DPH had a lot of illuminating points and definitely connected some dots for me. I don't think everything she said was related to LISK but there were many nuggets there of value.

We don’t know that. Ray could be just as corrupted as the rest of them. Had this been handled by a different attorney with different interests we might be having a different discussion today but we’ll never know. It’s easy to think the enemy of your enemy is your friend.
What we do know is that after many years of court battles, he finally succeeded in forcing SCPD to provide a copy of the 911 call to him. He is the only person outside of law enforcement to have heard the call, and he has publicly refuted many of SCPD’s original claims that were released publicly about the call.

Oh, and let’s not forget the 911 dispatcher who actually picked up the call w. Gilbert on the other end of the line, and spoke to her for 23 min (I believe that may have been LE also—but not SCPD—as the call was routed to NYS Police. Along w. the local 911 dispatchers (Suffolk County) who answered the OTHER 911 calls made by various residents of Oak Beach.

What we do know is that after many years of court battles, he finally succeeded in forcing SCPD to provide a copy of the 911 call to him. He is the only person outside of law enforcement to have heard the call, and he has publicly refuted many of SCPD’s original claims that were released publicly about the call.
I hear you, Noob. Just playing the other side of the coin, as I've adopted a bit of a paranoiac trust-no-one attitude.

I’m about two thirds of the way through revisiting the H-C2 Podcast. So very much to unpack, especially in the first (LISK-related episode). DPH mentioned a lot of heavy stuff and called out so many on their culpability or suspiciousness that I could write a dissertation on it. Which parts strike you the most? I could name at least 20 things that really stood out. Anything of note in the episodes that you would like to hear more about specifically?

I agree 100%.

Well said, Windsor. I am late to this party. I only watched the Killing Season a few months ago, finding this site as a result of that. I have been reading for some months and enjoy the comments of many posters such as yourself, Hawkshaw, Detective B, Patriots, and others but I never had any intention of signing up. To me, the purpose of these types of boards is to bounce off theories, not "conspiracy" theories, but theories that hit you in the gut in an effort to see if between the community as a group engaged in active dialogue, one is able to flesh-out something new and significant or meaningful. Some posters are allowed to do this, others are banned for it. So, I'm not sure this is the place for me as a "poster." Simply regurgitating MSM news (which as we all know full-well can be wrong) or official statements (which we all know are also susceptible to half-truths and/or misleading statements), and which, in both cases, is already a matter of public knowledge, doesn't do much to advance the ball. I go on my gut, coupled with the research I do, and that seems to be a no-no here.

Toward that end, it is my opinion that SCPD solved this case a long time ago. IMO, they know and have known who did this or, they know and have known that the investigation was intentionally derailed to cover for a few specific high ranking officials. It's also my feeling that evidence was destroyed (like the belt, nothing but a few photos left), and that Ray also knows this as SCPD continues to bury it and block him (the only one still pressing on this case), at every turn. Hawkshaw's past comments, together with my review of the caselaw surrounding MQ's numerous appeals and the involvement and connection and link between the young Burke and Spota, also had me taking a new look at the Pius case. Suffice it to say, I am very disturbed by my recent review.

So, to end this post, I signed up specifically because of your post. I felt the need to respond to it with the traditional Hear! Hear! Well done.

Excellent post on all counts!

Hey folks,

This post lands at random in reference to some posts that have been removed.

Unless you have some facts from MSM to substantiate disparaging speculation on the lawyer JR, don't go there.

I’m about two thirds of the way through revisiting the H-C2 Podcast. So very much to unpack, especially in the first (LISK-related episode). DPH mentioned a lot of heavy stuff and called out so many on their culpability or suspiciousness that I could write a dissertation on it. Which parts strike you the most? I could name at least 20 things that really stood out. Anything of note in the episodes that you would like to hear more about specifically?
Your thoughts on the belt. She postulated that it was a Hermès Music accordion strap and someone else said it was Hyatt Marriott catering. The latter seems like a stretch to me.

Also her take on Pak was pretty groundbreaking to me. We could move the convo about Pak over to his thread, but I really was unaware of some of the things she claimed about him, notably that he had been seen at oak beach before and actually was the one who solicited the client and not Shannan.

Your thoughts on the belt. She postulated that it was a Hermès Music accordion strap and someone else said it was Hyatt Marriott catering. The latter seems like a stretch to me.
The belt is a tricky subject for me. One thing I feel is that the font/style of the lettering seems very much like an Elder Futhark rune-type lettering. Paganism/Wicca link perhaps? As of yet, insufficient background has been given to the public about it in order for me to take any firm stance on it. Was it used to strangle a victim? Was it used in bondage of the victim/BDSM involvement? Why would such a bright killer leave behind such a piece of directly damning evidence? I could not imagine such a savvy, smart serial killer making such a major blunder or even yet doing something wildly and stupidly narcissistic like leaving a belt that’s like a smoking gun on purpose. Something is not making sense here. Perhaps Hart & Company are in fact using this to shake things up a bit and see who gets chatty. Perhaps it was just a ploy to make it look like they were currently doing something after the Netflix and frequent recent LISK case revisitings by the media, when in fact it was old evidence. I really need to know more about the facts surrounding that belt before I comment. I have a few ideas about the belt I will keep close to my vest unless and until they give us more on it.

Last edited:
Tried doing reverse image searches on that damn belt but nothing interesting came back.

As for JB, it would be rather ballsy of him to dump the bodies so close to his house. I'm thinking LISK lives or lived somewhere in between Manorville, Fireisland, and Gilgo Beach.

The belt is a tricky subject for me. One thing I feel is that the font/style of the lettering seems very much like an Elder Futhark rune-type lettering. Paganism/Wicca link perhaps? As of yet, insufficient background has been given to the public about it in order for me to take any firm stance on it. Was it used to strangle a victim? Was it used in bondage of the victim/BDSM involvement? Why would such a bright killer leave behind such a piece of directly damning evidence? I could not imagine such a savvy, smart serial killer making such a major blunder or even yet doing something wildly and stupidly narcissistic like leaving a belt that’s like a smoking gun on purpose. Something is not making sense here. Perhaps Hart & Company are in fact using this to shake things up a bit and see who gets chatty. Perhaps it was just a ploy to make it look like they were currently doing something after the Netflix and frequent recent LISK case revisitings by the media, when in fact it was old evidence. I really need to know more about the facts surrounding that belt before I comment. I have a few ideas about the belt I will keep close to my vest unless and until they give us more on it.
Well we know the belt is evidence for sure, and that it was recovered “early on in the investigation” and believed to be “handled” by the killer, according to SCPD. Whether or not it was left behind intentionally or unintentionally is debatable.

Oh, and let’s not forget the 911 dispatcher who actually picked up the call w. Gilbert on the other end of the line, and spoke to her for 23 min (I believe that may have been LE also—but not SCPD—as the call was routed to NYS Police. Along w. the local 911 dispatchers (Suffolk County) who answered the OTHER 911 calls made by various residents of Oak Beach.
I've said this REPEATEDLY. Where's the 911 operator from SG? Have they been deposed? Or already hushed? Get the name and let's dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305