Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

Investigators with much more information and facts than the rest of us determined AS death a homicide.

This was no accident. There was no 911 call or attempt to render aid -- which is normal for an accident.

You don't end up naked, on the side of the road by accident.

#JusticeForAlexis

I agree, investigators have classified this as homicide.
My opinion stands, it's possible, it was not an intentional murder.
Of course intentional or not doesn't matter when it comes to justice.
The person responsible still must face justice.

jmo

I fully agree that there is (in my opinion) about 0% chance that AS’s death was the result of a consensual sex act of choking “breath play” that has somehow “gone wrong”. The lack of 911 call and the body dump make this very unlikely to me. The fact that this is sometimes used as a defense by perpetrators frankly makes me sick. People are welcome to enjoy sex in whatever consensual and safe configurations they like best, of course. But the victim blaming defense narrative of “sex game gone wrong” is just a re-victimization IMHO. I don’t think people can consent to their own murder.

I do think (in my own opinion, again) that there is some possibility that Alexis was killed during or shortly after sex. My rationale is that she was found naked, but without other obvious injuries as one might sustain in struggle with a stranger, etc. Strangulation is an intimate method of murder, and my own suspicions are that she was killed by someone she trusted and felt comfortable being intimate with until it was too late.

I truly hope that we are able to find justice for AS. What a terrible crime.

I fully agree that there is (in my opinion) about 0% chance that AS’s death was the result of a consensual sex act of choking “breath play” that has somehow “gone wrong”. The lack of 911 call and the body dump make this very unlikely to me. The fact that this is sometimes used as a defense by perpetrators frankly makes me sick. People are welcome to enjoy sex in whatever consensual and safe configurations they like best, of course. But the victim blaming defense narrative of “sex game gone wrong” is just a re-victimization IMHO. I don’t think people can consent to their own murder.

I do think (in my own opinion, again) that there is some possibility that Alexis was killed during or shortly after sex. My rationale is that she was found naked, but without other obvious injuries as one might sustain in struggle with a stranger, etc. Strangulation is an intimate method of murder, and my own suspicions are that she was killed by someone she trusted and felt comfortable being intimate with until it was too late.

I truly hope that we are able to find justice for AS. What a terrible crime.

I think she was either about to get into the shower or was just getting out of the shower when whatever happened, happened. :/

I forget what crime shows I was watching but the investigator said that homicide cases by strangulation are one of the hardest to “prove”. no blood splatter, etc. clean scene - someone obviously planned this well removing all clothing and placing AS outside - prob knew it was going to rain or it was even raining then who knows to place here there. Could be unsolvable I’m afraid.

Strangulation, Hard to Prove?
.... investigator said that homicide cases by strangulation are one of the hardest to “prove”....
@njbchgal bbm snipped for focus. Agreeing w investigator about hard to prove. Yes, often for reasons (in no particular order) such as:
1. Some strangulations are committed by perp who is a stranger or has no known association to victim.
2. Some victims are sex workers, runaways, or transients.
3. Some victims are not reported missing promptly
(or ever).
4. Some victims are found in locations remote from their homes, in different LE jurisdiction.
5. Even if same LE jurisdiction, some victims are transported to a site remote from initial crime scene.
6. Some victims are found w no documentary form of identification.
7. Some victims remains are not found until they are in advanced state of decomposition, so Med Examiner has difficulty determining CoD & MoD.
8. - 1000. Other factors.

W so many obstacles in these strangulation cases generally, kudos to LE for their investigations resulting in homicides convictions. my2ct

Only points 5 & 6* seem to apply to AS, but from publicly known facts ATM, LE still faces an uphill battle, not a cakewalk. I'm confident that LE has much info not yet publicly released, and I hope it is enough for conviction. Soon.

* Re 6, lack of documentary ID did not significantly delay identification, because remains were relatively close to home, and she had been promptly reported missing.

Last edited:
Strangulation = Clean Scene?
... the investigator said that homicide cases by strangulation .... no blood splatter, etc. clean scene....
@njbchgal bbm sbm for focus If investigator was saying strangulation (virtually) always leaves a clean scene, respectfully think this stmt is somewhat overbroad. Sometimes a clean scene, sometimes not. I realize this is investigator's stmt, not yours.

First,
involuntary loss of bladder & bowel control may occur during strangulation, both fatal & non-fatal, per this medical evaluation protocol material.* Yes may, not always. Loss of control may occur within one minute duration of strangling, per page 5 infographic.

Second, in trying to gain control of vic resisting, perp may inflict other injuries on vic who then bleeds,** leaving blood evidence at strangulation scene, possibly in transport vehicle, if used.

Third, if vic is able to resist, strangulation scene may have signs of struggle between perp & vic, such as furniture & objects thrown about, in some cases even perp's blood** or bodily fluids.

If LE has located the strangulation site, they may have some or all 3 of above. ^ Maybe more. my2ct.

** Vic's blood and/or other bodily fluids left on body or at scene may be miniscule, esp'ly after perp cleans up, but still may be detected and DNA matched. An insignificant amt of vic's blood in her own house may also remain from non-nefarious actions, like vic herself inadvertently knicking fingers while prepping food.

Last edited:
Clean Scene?
Repeating this, by @OldCop as posted on CO, Suzanne Morphew, Missing after Bike Ride thread.

"Many people believe that strangulation is such a “clean” type of murder when it isn’t at all."

Always good to have a :)LE expert :)posting.

@OldCop Thanks for posting this on Suzanne's thread.

Last edited:
Exactly! @Dre and I are both ready to toss our phones at the suggestion that choking was a game.
I will join in on the phone tossing
I have never thrown anything in anger or frustration in my life.
But..... if this is even thought of as a defense, not only will I throw my phone, but probably my laptop as well.

I will join in on the phone tossing
I have never thrown anything in anger or frustration in my life.
But..... if this is even thought of as a defense, not only will I throw my phone, but probably my laptop as well.

I won't be throwing my phone for any reason. It can cause too much damage (heavy old-school landline). Besides, it doesn't go very far with a short cord. *chuckle* :p

But I hear ya on the frustration!

Throwing Phones?
I won't be throwing my phone for any reason. It can cause too much damage (heavy old-school landline). Besides, it doesn't go very far with a short cord. *chuckle* :p I hear ya on the frustration!
@Gemmie Re bbm Yes, I know what you mean.
Mine is so old, it's too heavy to lift. ;) :rolleyes: j/k, j/k
Besides, texting is tricky, and my photos are rubbish. j/k, j/k.:):rolleyes:
2927751_1_x.jpg

antique-sumter-telephone_1_7aca83ef7cb91fddf9bbd48f9d70e5a2.jpg

image from telephone wall phone crank images - Google Search
Back to tragic case of Alexis.

Last edited:
In January, the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences determined the cause of death to be strangulation and the manner of death is homicide.

According to officials, the autopsy report will be available after law enforcement concludes its case.

Over the weeks since her death, KPRC 2 has repeated calls for more information from law enforcement officials. Since January, there have been no updates of note on the case.

Ask 2: Is there any new information in the Alexis Sharkey case?

In January, the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences determined the cause of death to be strangulation and the manner of death is homicide.

According to officials, the autopsy report will be available after law enforcement concludes its case.

Over the weeks since her death, KPRC 2 has repeated calls for more information from law enforcement officials. Since January, there have been no updates of note on the case.

Very sad. Hopefully they are continuing to work it behind the scenes and are just not ready to provide an update.

Google.com; the case and read...
I found things that I tried to share to this site; but it was not allowed;
Due to the source was not released by LE...
MOO

Why is the media not reporting the full story:
Asking LE about apparent new developments?

I'm not sure, how you can be sure the media isn't reporting the full story.
If you're getting info from social media, random youtubers and other sites, and LE hasn't confirmed that information to be true, and it's not being reported as facts by the MSM, then it's a pretty good bet it's not actually true - or - might indeed be partially true but has been withheld from the public to protect some aspect of the investigation.
I mean, LE does have strict investigative protocols for a very good reason.

Food for thought.

Basically all of Alexis's close friends at the time of her death were fellow aspiring social media influencers who clearly felt what was best for her (and their own following) was to give a lot of their info directly to the public which gave us an impression that the case was quickly moving forward.

At some point, one way or another it seems law enforcement sufficiently convinced them it was best to stay quiet about it and probably that the initial burst of information hurt the investigation.

Basically all of Alexis's close friends at the time of her death were fellow aspiring social media influencers who clearly felt what was best for her (and their own following) was to give a lot of their info directly to the public which gave us an impression that the case was quickly moving forward.

At some point, one way or another it seems law enforcement sufficiently convinced them it was best to stay quiet about it and probably that the initial burst of information hurt the investigation.

Agree, and it appears that some of the “friends” had their “target”, and posted “selective” facts... It also appears some of the “friends’” reports found their way to this site as well:
The “friends” should have followed law enforcement’s advice; not to post information that fit their own selective narratives, and agendas, during an active murder investigation IMO...
Many of the crime bloggers, that I follow, are former law enforcement and related fields:
Thus finding all information only help’s to clarify why, perhaps, no arrest(s) have been made yet, instead of seeing people pushing for an arrest; without all the information:
LE, AND THE PROSECUTOR, HAS TO EVALUATE EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE...
PLUS THEY HAVE TO HAVE DIRECT EVIDENCE TO TIE A SUSPECT TO A CRIME; ONLY THEN CAN THEY MAKE AN ARREST! MOO

Last edited:
Historically, most people are actually convicted based on circumstantial evidence. It need only meet the burden of proof. These days with technology a big part of investigation is allowing a suspect to self-implicate and it's hard to give a man enough rope to hang himself with the world immediately screaming for his blood. Not only does it make a guilty person paranoid but it makes it less suspicious for a person to go to ground, as it would be understandable for an innocent person to hide from such scrutiny too.

Historically, most people are actually convicted based on circumstantial evidence. It need only meet the burden of proof. These days with technology a big part of investigation is allowing a suspect to self-implicate and it's hard to give a man enough rope to hang himself with the world immediately screaming for his blood. Not only does it make a guilty person paranoid but it makes it less suspicious for a person to go to ground, as it would be understandable for an innocent person to hide from such scrutiny too.

Guess that is why DNA, surveillance cameras, and other electronics are a blessing;
Especially when police have been allowed to lie during interviews, give lie detector tests that are not factually admissible, and conduct interviews for many hours; reducing normal mental functioning by sleep deprivation; resulting in false confessions: Many false confessions by mentally unstable, lower intelligence, shy, and other easily manipulated personalities also...
Psychopaths can pass tests, and use deception and manipulation, to deceive investigators...
So can family, or friends, that provide a false alibis and attempt to destroy a criminal investigation...
I would trust electronics and/or science if I was on a jury... Without it our system describes need for “Beyond A Reasonable Doubt”...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back