petra

Reaction score
Thought perhaps it it might be a good idea to start a thread on THE FUND>

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Home page---Pictures, Gerry's Blog, Fund Donations, Online Store,Events

http://www.findmadeleine.com/fund/#t

MADELEINE’S FUND
Leaving No Stone Unturned

Madeleine’s fund is a non charitable not-for-profit company, which has been established to help find Madeleine McCann and to support her family and bring her abductors to justice. Any surplus funds will be used to help families and missing children in the United Kingdom, Portugal and elsewhere in similar circumstances. If there are surplus funds Madeleine’s Funds can be converted into a charity.

The Fund is following best practice governance procedures as set out in the Good Governance Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector. The directors of the company are Peter Hubner, Brian Kennedy, John McCann, Esther McVey, Doug Skehan and Philip Tomlinson. They have appropriate legal, business and charitable experience. An experienced Fund Administrator has been appointed to ensure the highest standards of transparency and accountability. This should enable the Directors to maintain an appropriate governance distance in the day-to-day operations of the Fund.

The Board and its individual Directors will ensure that the Fund is subject to required financial legal scrutiny. They will ensure that they receive reliable external advice and information, as the basis for making good decisions.

NOTE
1.1 The full objects of the Fund are:

1.1.1 To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;

1.1.2 To procure that Madeleine’s abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and

1.1.3 To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family.

1.2 If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

=======================================================SNIPPED

I know quite a few people in the UK are trying to get the fund frozen, with no success. Maybe they are waiting for charges to be handed down, first? Freeze the funds until a verdict is reached? If they are found guilty, pretty much it makes the money raised, that of a fraudulent nature.

And rumor has it, Gerry wants to use the money for their legal expenses... what's anyones view on that?

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Home page---Pictures, Gerry's Blog, Fund Donations, Online Store,Events

On online store - give me a break. I'm sure they are saying this $$ is being used to help find Madeleine - but how??? Maybe more for a defense fund, although I truly hope not, but doesn't look good.

Wristbands
Our High Quality wristbands have the full UK telephone number on them should you need to use it to contact the authorities. Click here for more.

Posters
Our High Quality posters with all contact information. Click here for more.

Note that these items are HIGH QUALITY - nothing but the best for this missing little girl................ This bothers me!

I know quite a few people in the UK are trying to get the fund frozen, with no success. Maybe they are waiting for charges to be handed down, first? Freeze the funds until a verdict is reached? If they are found guilty, pretty much it makes the money raised, that of a fraudulent nature.

And rumor has it, Gerry wants to use the money for their legal expenses... what's anyones view on that?
I think the fund should be frozen too Elphaba, no money should be allowed for the legal team for the McCanns, let them pay like everybody else or get legal aid. The money should be used for what it was intended to help find missing children. The McCanns should not benefit from any of this money.

I know that on the Daily Mirror boards, there has been a petition started to freeze the funds. I will try to find the link.

As for Gerry wanting to use the money for their legal expenses, that is just so wrong, on so many levels. IMO! :behindbar

On online store - give me a break. I'm sure they are saying this $$ is being used to help find Madeleine - but how??? Maybe more for a defense fund, although I truly hope not, but doesn't look good.

Wristbands
Our High Quality wristbands have the full UK telephone number on them should you need to use it to contact the authorities. Click here for more.

Posters

Note that these items are HIGH QUALITY - nothing but the best for this missing little girl................ This bothers me!

Better stock up now for Christmas!!!!!!!:cool::cool:

The High Quality posters thing really gets under my skin... how sad that they would put a price tag on posters that would be far more productive in finding her, than the ones they allow you to download for free. It seems like this poor girl was nothing more than a marketing tool for them.

Quote below from the Daily Star, notice the section I bolded.

"And some called for the fund to be frozen.
But legal experts said there was little that could be done to stop the McCanns – because the fund is a private business and not a charity.

It was rejected by the Charity Commission which ruled its aims were not broad enough to merit charitable status.

Consent

Instead Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Ltd was set up as a company.
That means the McCanns only have to get the consent of the firm’s board of directors to access the cash.

And they are all either close pals or relatives.
So far heart surgeon Gerry and GP Kate, both 39, have paid for their own lawyers.

But if they are formally charged – as their Portuguese attorney has predicted – the legal bill will rocket.
Police admit the case could take up to two years to go to trial.

The couple’s spokeswoman Justine McGuinness said: “Gerry and Kate are paying for their own legal team.
“But they are looking into the legality of using the Find Madeleine campaign fund in the future.”"

It is taking all of my might to not blow my lid, the McCanns if given any money to pay legal fees should be charged with fraud as well as murder, those funds were donated to find Madelaine not to prove the parents innocence, this is morally wrong and if the board of the fund vote to pay legal costs they should be put in front of a firing squad, at lease the relatives on that board dont have a say, but still there are work colleauges and friends who could vote in their favour, lets hope they have more morals than the McCanns. This is utterly disgusting.

If the McCanns use this fund for their legal defenses, this certainly will (should) make future donors concerned about giving money to other causes.

If the McCanns use this fund for their legal defenses, this certainly will (should) make future donors concerned about giving money to other causes.
Exactly Trino, I wonder if the donors can get their money back, if so they should, I read in Petras link that some have already started to ask for their money back.

The fund should now be fozen until the McCanns position is clarified. It should not be used to pay legal expenses.
I am sure people would leave the money there if they knew that it would be used to help find other missing children but not to defend the McCanns if they harmed their daughter then set up this elaborate hoax!

Quote below from the Daily Star, notice the section I bolded.

"And some called for the fund to be frozen.
But legal experts said there was little that could be done to stop the McCanns – because the fund is a private business and not a charity.

It was rejected by the Charity Commission which ruled its aims were not broad enough to merit charitable status.

Consent

Instead Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Ltd was set up as a company.
That means the McCanns only have to get the consent of the firm’s board of directors to access the cash.

And they are all either close pals or relatives.
So far heart surgeon Gerry and GP Kate, both 39, have paid for their own lawyers.

But if they are formally charged – as their Portuguese attorney has predicted – the legal bill will rocket.
Police admit the case could take up to two years to go to trial.

The couple’s spokeswoman Justine McGuinness said: “Gerry and Kate are paying for their own legal team.
“But they are looking into the legality of using the Find Madeleine campaign fund in the future.”"

Doesn't this just make your blood boil?

Yep, makes my blood boil. Thanks to the internet we have come a long way in finding criminals and missing children, etc. To me, wearing a little yellow bracelet does nothing to aid in finding her.

USE THE WEB - PLASTER IT ALL OVER THE WEB - EVERYONE USES THE WEB -We here at WS, along with other forums, have probably done more for Maddie's cause than anything - including a stupid yellow bracelet.

Sorry if that sounds callus, but give me a break!!!

Wristbands

Posters

What bothers me is that they are being SOLD not given away. If my child was missing I would want anyone who wanted to put a poster up or wear a braclet to do so. I would want the world wallpapered with my childs picture. I would never put an obsticle of money in the way of that objective.

mjak

That is sick. :mad:

It is taking all of my might to not blow my lid, the McCanns if given any money to pay legal fees should be charged with fraud as well as murder, those funds were donated to find Madelaine not to prove the parents innocence, this is morally wrong and if the board of the fund vote to pay legal costs they should be put in front of a firing squad, at lease the relatives on that board dont have a say, but still there are work colleauges and friends who could vote in their favour, lets hope they have more morals than the McCanns. This is utterly disgusting.

Yeah. What she said. :furious::furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member