GUILTY IA - Breasia Terrell, 10, found deceased, Davenport, 10 July 2020 *arrest*

It's a straight shot from where Breasia was last seen to where the body was discovered - Google Maps

Please forgive me for saying - ten months in the water (if it is sweet Brea), is going to make COD extremely difficult. That makes me very, very, angry. We will likely never know the ugly truth, which could make prosecuting the case more difficult.

I'm conflicted when someone's loved one is found. Painful truth becomes reality, some call it closure. Is there such a thing? Personally the not knowing would torment me as a parent.

If this is Breasia (I truly think it is), I hope LE can prove the monster sitting in jail is responsible. Was this area ever searched?
Don't think they searched that area but it looks like they had to go through DeWitt to get to Camanche traveling on the 61 to get to the 30.

"There has been newly developed information that has drawn our investigative and search efforts to the Clinton-Camanche area," said Davenport Police Department Assistant Chief Jeff Bladel at a press briefing in Clinton Thursday morning.

Bladel repeated the police department's plea for information on the whereabouts of its named "person of interest," Henry Dinkins, and the 2007 Maroon Chevrolet Impala he drives during the timeframe of 10:00 p.m. Thursday, July 9th to 12 p.m. Friday, July 10th.

"And we are looking for information possibly within the Clinton and Camanche area. Anybody traveling on US-61 or US-30, in that area in that time frame we’re stressing for the public if they have information to call," Bladel said.

Search for Breasia: New information redirects investigation to Clinton County | wqad.com

Don't think they searched that area but it looks like they had to go through DeWitt to get to Camanche traveling on the 61 to get to the 30.

"There has been newly developed information that has drawn our investigative and search efforts to the Clinton-Camanche area," said Davenport Police Department Assistant Chief Jeff Bladel at a press briefing in Clinton Thursday morning.

Bladel repeated the police department's plea for information on the whereabouts of its named "person of interest," Henry Dinkins, and the 2007 Maroon Chevrolet Impala he drives during the timeframe of 10:00 p.m. Thursday, July 9th to 12 p.m. Friday, July 10th.

"And we are looking for information possibly within the Clinton and Camanche area. Anybody traveling on US-61 or US-30, in that area in that time frame we’re stressing for the public if they have information to call," Bladel said.

Search for Breasia: New information redirects investigation to Clinton County | wqad.com
Thanks Jo, I was going to start looking back to see if there were any links to this area. Hopefully someone saw his car or they have video. Maybe even someone who says he fished at that pond in the past.

Would he have to drive around back of Kanau to get to that pond? How did he know it was even there?

Yes, thanks for grabbing that. I was trying to remember the area searched. I can't remember what the information was that drew them there. Did we assume it was seeing the car on cameras or just never know?

Thanks Jo, I was going to start looking back to see if there were any links to this area. Hopefully someone saw his car or they have video. Maybe even someone who says he fished at that pond in the past.

Would he have to drive around back of Kanau to get to that pond? How did he know it was even there?
That is what I wondered. Did he used to live there, fish there, have family there?

Last edited:
605a4db1307b5.image.jpg

DEWITT — A solitary figure clad in black stood keeping a lonely vigil Tuesday in a fallow field near the corner of 270th Avenue and 218th Street.

Aishia Lankford was waiting, perhaps hoping to catch a glimpse of something to tell her if the human remains first discovered Monday evening in or near a pond just off 270th Avenue were those of her 10-year-old daughter Breasia Terrell.

Breasia was last seen late July 9 or during the early morning hours of July 10 last year. The Davenport Police, deputies from the Clinton County Sheriff's Department, searchers from an array or other area law enforcement agencies, and a number of volunteers searched throughout rural Clinton County for Breasia last August.

Lankford was one of those searchers.

"I don't have anything to say," Lankford said, still standing as scattered drops of rain fell from the skies darkening over Clinton County. "I don't know anything at all. I don't know more than anyone else."
Breasia Terrell’s mother waits after human remains found near DeWitt

I missed this story from back in Feb this year.
“I know Henry did not do it.” Family stands by ‘person of interest’ while girl remains missing | OurQuadCities

He’s been charged with second-offense sex offender registration violation, a class D felony, and a probation violation, according to KCRG-TV.
The chief said that Dinkins is also known to have previous connections to the Camanche and Clinton area.
Henry Dinkins: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
A new voice speaks up in the missing person case of 11-year-old Breasia Terrell – not from Breasia’s family, this time.

This is from the sister of the man considered a “person of interest” in the case: 48-year-old Henry Dinkins. He’s in the Clinton County Jail, being held for Scott County, on an unrelated charge of failure to register as a sex offender.

“I know Henry did not do it.” Family stands by ‘person of interest’ while girl remains missing | OurQuadCities

I don't think she is a new voice.

Neda Dinkins-McQuay spoke for the better part of 90 minutes Tuesday before she stopped and suppressed a sob.
Everyday People: Sister, mother tormented after Dinkins designated 'person of interest' in Breasia Terrell missing person case

A new voice speaks up in the missing person case of 11-year-old Breasia Terrell – not from Breasia’s family, this time.

This is from the sister of the man considered a “person of interest” in the case: 48-year-old Henry Dinkins. He’s in the Clinton County Jail, being held for Scott County, on an unrelated charge of failure to register as a sex offender.

I don't think she is a new voice.

Neda Dinkins-McQuay spoke for the better part of 90 minutes Tuesday before she stopped and suppressed a sob.
Everyday People: Sister, mother tormented after Dinkins designated 'person of interest' in Breasia Terrell missing person case
Someone is in denial IMO.

I hope Breasia's family get all the answers and she can get justice. I've been following this case hoping she'd turn up but I feel this will be her :(

I doubt COD could be found after all this time, I hope the monster who hurt her can be prosecuted for this.

It's a straight shot from where Breasia was last seen to where the body was discovered - Google Maps

Please forgive me for saying - ten months in the water (if it is sweet Brea), is going to make COD extremely difficult. That makes me very, very, angry. We will likely never know the ugly truth, which could make prosecuting the case more difficult.

If the remains were found in the water, as I think it was stated they were, the water would possibly preserve the remains more than if the remains were on dry land and this would increase the likelihood of determining the cause of death. The water could also preserve other evidence too. If the remains are that of Breasi and have been there for 10 months, the water would have been cold or frozen for possibly five or more of those months further preserving the remains. Had the remains been on dry land subjected to the summer heat of last year, the majority of any evidence would have been surely lost..

There have been cases of people (bodies) found in the water that the person was reported missing several months and even over a year from when they were found and it was thought the body had only been in the water a short time when discovered.

JMO

Not at first. They'll need to use dental records and x-rays if there is any doubt, especially with a female. Some 10-year-old are "adult size".
Breasia was 4' 5" tall. Perhaps I should have said it would be easy to determine how tall the person was whose remains were found and then compare that to how tall Breasia was and any other local missing individuals of the same height to see if there was a possible connection.

JMO

Breasia was 4' 5" tall. Perhaps I should have said it would be easy to determine how tall the person was whose remains were found and then compare that to how tall Breasia was and any other local missing individuals of the same height to see if there was a possible connection.

JMO

We don't know the condition of the remains

I think even if it’s clear to responding police the sex/age/race (size, clothes or other items, remaining hair etc) they would be remiss to surmise publicly and need to wait until solid DNA or other forms of identification take place. Maybe not in the past but I think at this point in time it’s just responsible procedure. Moo

If the remains were found in the water, as I think it was stated they were, the water would possibly preserve the remains more than if the remains were on dry land and this would increase the likelihood of determining the cause of death. The water could also preserve other evidence too. If the remains are that of Breasi and have been there for 10 months, the water would have been cold or frozen for possibly five or more of those months further preserving the remains. Had the remains been on dry land subjected to the summer heat of last year, the majority of any evidence would have been surely lost..

There have been cases of people (bodies) found in the water that the person was reported missing several months and even over a year from when they were found and it was thought the body had only been in the water a short time when discovered.

JMO
That is really good to know. If HD is guilty of this crime, which I imagine he is, I hope there is enough evidence to connect and prosecute fully.

Those pictures of heartbroken momma... Prayers for her today.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back