OH - James Hutchinson, 6, abused, thrown in river, Middletown, 28 Feb 2021 *GUILTY*

This was done “with purpose to terrorize and/or inflict serious harm” to the children, prosecutors wrote.

According to Middletown police, Brittany Gosney confessed to killing her youngest child Feb. 26 as he tried to get back into her minivan when she abandoned him and his two siblings, 9 and 7, at Rush Run Wild Life Area in Preble County.

Gosney left the park but went back for the children about 30 or 40 minutes later, police have said. She put them in the van and returned to their Middletown home.

That’s where prosecutors say Gosney and her boyfriend, James Hamilton, put her son’s body in a spare room and left it there 48 hours before driving to the Ohio River in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, court records show.

At some point, a concrete block was tied to the first grader’s body before they threw it into the water, prosecutors wrote.

The latest court records also allege Gosney and Hutchinson removed the hard drive from video cameras at their residence along with tape and rope and hid them at another location.
Middletown mom hog-tied, gagged children before killing 6-year-old son, prosecutors reveal

del la puta madre can it get any worse??? eff is wrong w ppl.........

so insane she removed the hard drive from cctv...... lies all lies

in my state, they just send you to the state hospital to get your meds right then send u back to court. some refuse their meds and get sent back and forth. they end up spending A LOT of time incarcerated so they really dont "get off" in the true meaning.
As a psychiatric nurse in the state of Ohio, I can assure you that you're right. I work in a state hospital and have been there for almost 25 years. I have patients who have been there locked down since the early 80's after being found not guilty by reason of insanity. Many of those would've been out years ago if they went to prison instead.

They really tortured these children. The whole thing, the aftermath...

Wondering why they had CCTV footage at their residence? How did they access the hard drive?

I hope the surviving children are feeling loved and valued by someone now.

I used to work at a jail. we did have two mentally disabled plus mentally ill cases, sisters, who had been extensively sexually abused since childhood by their father. As young adults, still living at home, they killed him and burned the house down. They both went back and forth to state hospital. one finally was lucid and spent a short sentence after all her t/s credit. last i worked there, the other never was able to assist in her defense. these two were both very mentally unwell, though.

As a psychiatric nurse in the state of Ohio, I can assure you that you're right. I work in a state hospital and have been there for almost 25 years. I have patients who have been there locked down since the early 80's after being found not guilty by reason of insanity. Many of those would've been out years ago if they went to prison instead.

They really tortured these children. The whole thing, the aftermath...

Wondering why they had CCTV footage at their residence? How did they access the hard drive?

I hope the surviving children are feeling loved and valued by someone now.

that baby still reached for his "mother", too. i cant. heartbroken....

This was done “with purpose to terrorize and/or inflict serious harm” to the children, prosecutors wrote.

According to Middletown police, Brittany Gosney confessed to killing her youngest child Feb. 26 as he tried to get back into her minivan when she abandoned him and his two siblings, 9 and 7, at Rush Run Wild Life Area in Preble County.

Gosney left the park but went back for the children about 30 or 40 minutes later, police have said. She put them in the van and returned to their Middletown home.

That’s where prosecutors say Gosney and her boyfriend, James Hamilton, put her son’s body in a spare room and left it there 48 hours before driving to the Ohio River in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, court records show.

At some point, a concrete block was tied to the first grader’s body before they threw it into the water, prosecutors wrote.

The latest court records also allege Gosney and Hutchinson removed the hard drive from video cameras at their residence along with tape and rope and hid them at another location.
Middletown mom hog-tied, gagged children before killing 6-year-old son, prosecutors reveal
Wth? So was she planning on having someone find them bound at the park???
She is evil, not insane!

Last edited:
Really? Hog tie and put gags in the mouths of her three children for hours, then throw them in the mini van and dump them at a park? I think these details are coming from the surviving kids, not from Brittney or her sleazy subhuman boyfriend.

Neither of them are mentally impaired, simply a perfect storm of evil coming together. Not for a minute do I believe this was the first horrible thing those two did to those kids. As a Mom she had plenty of time to change her mind about what was happening to her babies. She could have pulled the plug at many points.

Convict them and throw away the key :mad:

Ohio mom hog-tied, gagged children before killing 6-year-old son, prosecutors reveal

This just keeps getting worse. I feel sick thinking about what she did to these poor children and all because her boyfriend didn't want them around they are both just pure evil i'm lost for words what is wrong with people she should have just kicked him out but no she chose a man over her children just totally disgusting. MOO

Those poor children! How can anyone do something evil as this?! They will carry this forever, my heart is aching so much. I hppe they get the support to process this although I'm not sure how anyone could.

Really? Hog tie and put gags in the mouths of her three children for hours, then throw them in the mini van and dump them at a park? I think these details are coming from the surviving kids, not from Brittney or her sleazy subhuman boyfriend.

Neither of them are mentally impaired, simply a perfect storm of evil coming together. Not for a minute do I believe this was the first horrible thing those two did to those kids. As a Mom she had plenty of time to change her mind about what was happening to her babies. She could have pulled the plug at many points.

Convict them and throw away the key :mad:

Ohio mom hog-tied, gagged children before killing 6-year-old son, prosecutors reveal

i knew it, thank the lordt (from link):

What Gosney and Hamilton are alleged to have done by removing the hard drive from video cameras in their home and also removing rope, could impact the insanity plea.

“It would show that she had the wherewithal and they had the wherewithal to attempt to hide evidence and that does not help an insanity defense,” Allen said. “It doesn’t mean that it will ultimately fail for that reason, but it certainly doesn’t help

Their tentative trial date is May 24.

Both are scheduled to return to court next month first for separate hearings.

Searchers, meanwhile, have been unable to resume searching for James’ body in the Ohio River for the past week.

Divers have been stymied by the weather and rapidly-moving and rising water.

Sonar imaging indicated there was a high degree of confidence there was a body below in an area of the water in Lawrenceburg, where James was put into the water, according to Butler County Prosecutor Mike Gmoser.

Butler County, Ohio - Persons Currently In Custody

I think this is the hardest thread I’ve been in for what feels like years. Is it because we “know” what happened, we know the horrific details in all their terror and torture *already*? I dread coming to the thread when I see new posts. I get physically affected clicking on the page, because I am either going to read they’ve found James which is good/ heartbreaking, or I’m going to read more heinous details and deal with what this aftermath and trial is going to be.
But I have to click on the thread.

For James

MOO but do we honestly believe she is telling the truth about where his body has been dumped given her behaviour since she's been arrested? From learning disabilities (was she tested/can she prove evidence of this? I know not everyone is diagnosed, but always worth seeking the evidence), now she's claiming insanity, yet again, where is the evidence of this? It's just a ploy, and I genuinely do not believe her when she says that is where his body is. It doesn't look like they've disclosed the location where the CCTV hard drive, rope and whatever else it was they hid, either.

I think she caved and did confess during questioning, and the sonar found him, and hopefully they'll recover him soon.

I think she does have learning disabilities (obvious on her social media, and I just glanced through) and cognitive issues (she can't form normal loving bonds, for one thing.) But she's not that learning disabled; (for example, she obtained a driver's license.) Both of them clearly know they did wrong, because they tried to cover it up.

All IMO only.

James Hamilton, 43, of Middletown, appeared for a brief hearing before Butler County Common Pleas Court Judge Noah Powers. He has pleaded not guilty in the case.

On Monday, he waived his right to a speedy trial and now will appear again on May 24.

Hamilton and Brittany Gosney, 29, face a combined 31-count indictment in connection with the death of the first grader on Feb. 26 in Preble County and the disposal of his body in the Ohio River in Lawrenceburg, Indiana.

Their tentative trial date is May 24, but some expected it to be delayed with Gosney recently pleading not guilty by reason of insanity and her attorney raising questions about her competency to stand trial.

The judge has ordered a psychological evaluation for her.

A competency evaluation hearing is scheduled for April 26.
Boyfriend of Middletown woman accused of killing 6-year-old son waives right to speedy trial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back