GUILTY UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 *ARREST* #20

DEC 3, 2020
Evidence photos, interrogation videos released in Mackenzie Lueck murder investigation (fox13now.com)
[...]

Hundreds of photographs are of evidence markers all over the house and yard. Police took pictures of several items of clothing, some of which appeared to have bleach stains or dirt stains. They take pictures of Ajayi's bathroom sink under blacklight, where splatters show up in the light.

They zero in on a burn pit in Ajayi's backyard. Neighbors told Fox 13 at the time they remembered Ajayi lighting the fire after Lueck disappeared, and that it emitted a strong odor unlike anything they ever smelled.

Photos showed charred pieces of fabric found in the yard and burn pit. Other pictures show a burnt Coach purse and MacKenzie's wallet with her ID visible also burnt.

Pictures of Ajayi's car show stains across the backseat, as well as dirt all over the floor in front of the driver seat.

Along the Jordan River, photos depict a number of female clothing items pulled from out of the water and off the riverbanks. There are pictures of Lueck's University of Utah ID which appeared to have been found on the riverbank near the clothing.

Police piece together surveillance footage, from when MacKenzie landed at the Salt Lake International Airport and got into a Lyft on June 17, to when Ajayi's car and the Lyft driver headed in the same direction near the park in North Salt Lake where Ajayi met Lueck.

[...]

New photos in MacKenzie Lueck murder case reveal extensive crime scenes | KUTV
PHOTO GALLERY - 272 crime scene photos.
Those photos just make me ill. Shocking to see how you can literally see her picture on her drivers license and the tip of a blue cross insurance card in her burnt wallet. He’s disgusting. Did I really see a condom wrapper in the dirt? And I wonder what the notebook writings were about?

DEC 3, 2020
Newly released videos show inside police's interrogation of Ayoola Ajayi | KUTV
[...]

The conversations and the meeting at the park in North Salt Lake wasn’t all Ajayi had to account for. There were suspicious fires in his backyard and dirt and debris in his car.

Ajayi didn’t shy away from the fire in his backyard.

“My neighbor — the female on the other side — told me like, ‘That smell is really bad.’ Fire station came, fined me for polluting the air, and then I kill the fire immediately. I just poured a lot of sand on it,” he said.

As for what was burning, Ajayi said plastic and wood. But he also volunteered that he regularly burned animal carcasses in his backyard — sheep and goats that he ate.

“So if you open my fridge, I have some goat meat soup,” he said. “In the past, I’ve killed lamb, I’ve killed goats in my backyard. So I burn them instead of skin them.”

He went on to describe who he purchased the livestock from.

[...]
Oh my word! I wonder if they truly found any in the fridge and tested it. Gross, disgusting, barbaric man.

Hmmm, so he did plan on killing her all along. I'll be honest; I thought that the killing was a mistake and that he had brought her to the house for other, more long-term reasons (i.e., keeping her imprisoned in his "special room" in the basement). The sloppy clean-up just always indicated to me that her death was not intended. Guess the guy just really wasn't that smart. That's a good thing in the end; it means his reign of terror ended before it really began. If he was even a little bit sharper, he could've gotten away with it. Police didn't even begin looking for MacKenzie for several days after her death.

Also, I'm beginning to think that he tasered her as soon as she got in the car or otherwise incapacitated her. Otherwise, why would she turn off her phone a minute after meeting him? My son said he could think of no scenario where he would be asking a girl for her phone or to turn off her phone (especially at 3 AM in a deserted park). He said every girl he knew would just say no. Also, under what pretense did he convince her to take a Lyft to a park that's farther from the airport than his house? He could have lied and told her the park was a half-way point to his house. Otherwise, why would she agree to that? Wouldn't she just say she'd take the Lyft to his house? I mean, we know why HE didn't want that, but what reason did he give her not to take the Lyft directly to his house but to a park instead? Did she have no intention of going to his house at all? Seems too much of a coincidence that her phone went silent the minute after she gets in his car. Maybe the police got all this out of him during his confession. I would imagine they did. Guess I'll have to wait for the book - where's Ann Rule when you need her?
I've always felt he tasered her as soon as she got in the car. It was the only thing that made sense to me. I guess he tied her up after he got her to his house because he didn't need to when she was in the car. Then again, maybe he didn't taser her at all, and MacKenzie was expecting to be tied up? Bondage isn't an uncommon fetish. Maybe she only got nervous after he started choking her?

Last edited:
Hmmm, so he did plan on killing her all along.
^^rsbm

Reportedly, AA told investigators his plan was to kill ML even before he collected her at the Park. However, I don't have any reason to believe whether true or not but I did sense that AA felt hostility towards ML from their earlier text exchange on Sunday, June 16 when ML appeared not to not to recognize AA.

ML replied to AA with ??; he texted heart emoji, "seeking arrangement;" and ML replied asking him to send his picture.

IMO, this request seemed to anger AA and he responded hastily -- something like NO, we talked for a while and you don't remember me.

It was only after ML apologized and said she deleted his number that he complied with sending his photo.

c6b06a0e-26f0-41a4-aa1b-5cec6a6e4545-large16x9_textmessageslueckinvestigation120220.PNG

Ayoola Ajayi pleads guilty to killing University of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck.

New details of MacKenzie Lueck murder investigation: Entire case file released

^^rsbm

Reportedly, AA told investigators his plan was to kill ML even before he collected her at the Park. However, I don't have any reason to believe whether true or not but I did sense that AA felt hostility towards ML from their earlier text exchange on Sunday, June 16 when ML appeared not to not to recognize AA.

ML replied to AA with ??; he texted heart emoji, "seeking arrangement;" and ML replied asking him to send his picture.

IMO, this request seemed to anger AA and he responded hastily -- something like NO, we talked for a while and you don't remember me.

It was only after ML apologized and said she deleted his number that he complied with sending his photo.

c6b06a0e-26f0-41a4-aa1b-5cec6a6e4545-large16x9_textmessageslueckinvestigation120220.PNG

Ayoola Ajayi pleads guilty to killing University of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck.

New details of MacKenzie Lueck murder investigation: Entire case file released

Interesting. It's so hard to read tone, but you're right about the point-blank "No." Sounds like she wasn't that into him in their first correspondence, and he got insulted (which is absurd on any social media app, but expecting reasonable emotions from a psycho killer is obviously futile). How dare she not find him memorable?!

Along with other clues to AA's inflated self image, such as his puffed-up SM profiles, "modeling career" etc., IMO this interpretation of his response points to narcissistic personality traits and possible delusions of grandeur on his part.

Interesting. It's so hard to read tone, but you're right about the point-blank "No." Sounds like she wasn't that into him in their first correspondence, and he got insulted (which is absurd on any social media app, but expecting reasonable emotions from a psycho killer is obviously futile). How dare she not find him memorable?!

Along with other clues to AA's inflated self image, such as his puffed-up SM profiles, "modeling career" etc., IMO this interpretation of his response points to narcissistic personality traits and possible delusions of grandeur on his part.

Reportedly, during the voluntary questioning of AA by investigators that lasted overnight, (and later, not so voluntary period when his property was being searched), AA insisted that the entire text and/or communication with ML ended after he sent ML his photo on Sunday, June 16.

AA insisted that they never met in person and he believed that ML ended the communication with him because she wasn't interested in seeking an arrangement with a man of his race.

It would not surprise me if AA already made up his mind that ML did not remember him or his profile (erased his number) because of his race, and this was one more imaginary insult for AA to collect and hold on to as to why ML deserved a brutal, torturous death.

MOO

Reportedly, during the voluntary questioning of AA by investigators that lasted overnight, (and later not so voluntary) period when his property was being searched, AA insisted that the entire text and/or communication with ML ended after he sent ML his photo.

AA insisted that they never met in person and he believed that ML ended the communication with him because she wasn't interested in seeking an arrangement with a man of his race.

It would not surprise me if AA already made up his mind that ML did not remember him or his profile (erased his number) because of his race, and this was one more imaginary insult for AA to collect and hold on to as to why ML deserved a brutal, torturous death.

MOO

Agreed. He could very well be a grievance collector.

Hmmm, that's some interesting information, Seattle1. I'm somewhat re-thinking the statement about him originally planning on killing her or not. He may have made up his mind to kill her sometime that day after previously planning on not killing her. So it could be true that he was planning on killing her from the time they got to the park, but not planning on killing her from the very beginning. He seems to be a temperamental fellow, and I agree with janewall that he could be a grievance collector. He actually reminds me of a couple of people I've known over the years who held on to every little perceived slight (neither turned out to be killers, at least--although I wouldn't put it past one of them). I think AA was an emotional person whose ambition outstripped his ability. If he actually were as smart as he seems to think he is, there's no telling how much havoc he could have wreaked out there in Utah, where there would be no shortage of attractive white Mormon girls to satisfy him.

By the way, what does rsbm mean? I google'd it and just found the result "Removing Subsoil Before Mining." What does that have to do with anything?

By the way, what does rsbm mean? I google'd it and just found the result "Removing Subsoil Before Mining." What does that have to do with anything?

RSBM = Respectfully Snipped By Me. As in, what I just did with much of your post, not because it isn't informative or useful to keep in mind in this case, but for contextual reasons I'm reposting only the bit I'm replying to. :)

Here's a handy thread of many of the acronyms and abbreviations used frequently on WebSleuths. Abbreviations and Acronyms LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION It's helped me many a time!

Sad situation but this case should be seen as a lesson for people who online date.

There is nothing at all wrong with people wanting to casually date or find a bit of a playmate over the internet (after all lots of people do it) but if you do you need to be careful. Meeting someone in a park in the middle of the night is about the complete opposite of being careful.

You also need to keep a close lookout for potential red flags and if you feel like you are sensing any then call the whole thing off. Young women especially need to watch out for red flags because they are usually the prime targets for those wishing to do others harm and unfortunately many young women aren't experienced enough daters to be able to spot those red flags.

99% of people on dating sites are completely harmless and the worst they are usually after is a little pemiscuous sex. People who choose to date online just need to look out for that 1% that you do need to be concerned about and doing things like meeting them in a park in the middle of the night definitely isn't looking out for them.

New Dateline special coming out Thursday: The waiting car.

One disturbing quote from the preview.

“Even after we made contact with him he was still on that site trying to get a date.”
DATELINE THURSDAY SNEAK PEEK: The Waiting Car

Lead detectives in the murder investigation of University of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck speak exclusively to Keith Morrison about the case that made national headlines. Airs Thursday, March 25th at 10/9c on NBC.

New Dateline special coming out Thursday: The waiting car.

One disturbing quote from the preview.

“Even after we made contact with him he was still on that site trying to get a date.”

Lead detectives in the murder investigation of University of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck speak exclusively to Keith Morrison about the case that made national headlines. Airs Thursday, March 25th at 10/9c on NBC.
I hope it is not as disparaging to the victim as the previous shows on this case have been. Not necessarily Dateline but other shows similar. The victim blaming that resulted was awful.

JMO

Dateline: The Waiting Car
We covered this story when it first broke. Now we can take you inside the investigation exclusively through the eyes of the detectives and the words of a killer… Dateline Thursday, Mar 25, 10/9c.

This case raised the hair on the back of his neck…
Thursday at 10/9c on a new Dateline, a never-before-seen look into the investigation.

Keith Morrison Previews: The Waiting Car
Tonight on a new Dateline at 10/9c, Keith Morrison will go inside the investigation of a deeply baffling case...

(@diggndeeperstill, I meant to post in the media thread - these are the same videos you have linked above. Oopsy! :oops: )

We covered this story when it first broke. Now we can take you inside the investigation exclusively through the eyes of the detectives and the words of a killer… Dateline Thursday, Mar 25, 10/9c.

Thursday at 10/9c on a new Dateline, a never-before-seen look into the investigation.

Tonight on a new Dateline at 10/9c, Keith Morrison will go inside the investigation of a deeply baffling case...

(@diggndeeperstill, I meant to post in the media thread - these are the same videos you have linked above. Oopsy! :oops: )
Thanks for this update !! Watching it now :)

No worries! Yours are better! We get previews with yours. Watching now! Learning lots new already.

AA was the worst of all predators. To learn he was still perusing the "seeking arrangement" dating site up until the day he was arrested and taken away is so sick! The detectives narrating on Dateline revealed information I'd not heard before - I recommend watching the entire episode.

Murder of El Segundo’s MacKenzie Lueck is focus of new ‘Dateline’ episode airing Thursday – Daily Breeze

The case of MacKenzie Lueck, a University of Utah student from El Segundo who went missing for weeks before her body was found in a shallow grave, is the subject of a “Dateline” episode on NBC-TV scheduled to air at 10 p.m. Thursday, March 25.

“The Waiting Car” episode includes interviews with Salt Lake City police detectives and a Lyft driver who drove Lueck to meet with the man later convicted of her murder.

[..]

The two had exchanged messages on an app and had agreed to meet in person at the park. Ajayi admitted he killed Lueck at his Salt Lake City home before burying her in his backyard and then again 80 miles north in Logan Canyon after detectives came to his home and interviewed him in relation to her disappearance.

Her body was found July 3, 2019, more than two weeks after she was last seen.

Prosecutors described Ajayi, age 31 when arrested, as portraying a gentleman on the dating apps and said he killed Lueck because he simply wanted to know how it felt.

Lueck played water polo at El Segundo High School and graduated in 2014. She was in her senior year at Utah, majoring in kinesiology and pre-nursing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back