Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Verdigris

Revelation 21:4
Reaction score
There is no mention of a car, so she seemingly didn't drive away...

Appeal to find missing woman - Dover Heights
[...]Melissa Caddick, aged 49, was last seen at a home on Wallangra Road, Dover Heights, after midnight last Thursday (12 November 2020).
Police have been told she may have left the home about 5.30am the same day, and she has not been seen or heard from since.
[...]
Melissa is described as being of Caucasian appearance, about 165cm tall, of slim build, with long brown hair. At the time she was wearing a black singlet top and leggings, and silver ‘Nike’ sneakers.
She did not take any money, mobile or personal possessions with her.
more at police.nsw.gov.au link

Several other links:

9 News Sydney

Police Appeal For Public Assistance To Find Missing Sydney Woman

DM Headline:
Wealthy businesswoman vanishes from her $7million clifftop Sydney mansion wearing activewear and without her phone – as husband makes desperate plea six days later
Managing director Melissa Caddick not seen or heard from since November 12 who left Dover Heights home in jogging gear

Hunt continues for missing businesswoman who vanished from Sydney home as husband issues plea | Daily Mail Online

Police appeal to find missing woman - Dover Heights

Hunt passes for the missing businesswoman who has disappeared from the Sydney home while the husband makes a plea

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Re: the DailyTelegraph - subscription only (I haven't read it).
Also, I can't find husband's "desperate plea" video - perhaps it's only in the DailyTelegraph link.

She's been gone nearly a week...

Thread #6

Last edited by a moderator:
Melissa actually got a mention in Parliament yesterday, in Senate estimates, a conference on economic management , financial laws, etc. Her 'case' was mentioned as one where laws of a fiscal propriety nature fail people badly. .

I wonder if any of her neighbours ever saw her walking the dogs? I cant imagine her carrying a bag full of Prada faeces... I wonder whether she developed a good route with no cameras for picking up after her dogs? Maybe she used this regularly and kept it in mind for an escape plan.... Has anyone come forward with any cctv of her at any time in her area at all??
Or did she have a dog walker?
Was the dog walker at the house in the critical hours after the raid or ever since?
There must be more information available...

I wonder if any of her neighbours ever saw her walking the dogs? I cant imagine her carrying a bag full of Prada faeces... I wonder whether she developed a good route with no cameras for picking up after her dogs? Maybe she used this regularly and kept it in mind for an escape plan.... Has anyone come forward with any cctv of her at any time in her area at all??
Or did she have a dog walker?
Was the dog walker at the house in the critical hours after the raid or ever since?
There must be more information available...

I wondered about a dog walker, but dogs are great social instigators...I am sure they were props for 'event's.. '.. like running into elderly people with time and money etc...

It is difficult for me to believe that she didn't check out her location, the exact location of where she was intending to end her life. She was meticulous and highly detailed in her scope of scam, and fraud, leaving hardly anything to chance, .sure, a few errors, but they mostly passed muster, for a very long time.

There surely would be camera footage of the runs she went on previously. Where she went, where she stopped and checked out stuff. I just can't believe she would hurl herself off an unknown and uninvestigated piece of cliff, not knowing if it was shelved, or the depth, or the rocks. So disfiguring, and not in the strata of how women suicide, according to stats..

or.. the rest of her is buried under that house, or in the garden, .. under the pergola, . ..

'When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, stated by Sherlock Holmes.'
pretty sure the cops wouldve noticed any fresh ground disturbance or works :)

so , somewhere, sitting quietly in some car park, or in some deserted driveway, is that car...
Unless,... someone else drove her. 'here, Melissa.. out you get,.. cliffs are to your left... nice knowing you'.......
it would have to pass some camera. not every camera would be out of action. That would be too much of a coincidence.
Do we have any information on whom the tradie was that frequented the property or lived in the property. Or was this simply AK? Was it a tradie? A bag drop?
I feel that the police should make enquiries on the owner of the vehicle in front of the house on google street view on:
November 15 (old white unmarked Toyota) and; December 18. (newer white VW Caddy van)
Different unmarked vehicles with very similar or identical equipment on the roof , roof racks and tie down system.
On November 15 the tradie can be seen walking into the front of the house.
Once would be a coincidence. But to be spotted a second time three years later means this person was connected to this property.
What was their trade? was any vehicle in the area that looked like this at the time of the disappearance?
upload_2021-3-26_11-14-0.pngupload_2021-3-26_11-23-41.pngupload_2021-3-26_11-15-28.png

Do we have any information on whom the tradie was that frequented the property or lived in the property. Or was this simply AK? Was it a tradie? A bag drop?
I feel that the police should make enquiries on the owner of the vehicle in front of the house on google street view on:
November 15 (old white unmarked Toyota) and; December 18. (newer white VW Caddy van)
Different unmarked vehicles with very similar or identical equipment on the roof , roof racks and tie down system.
Once would be a coincidence. But to be spotted a second time three years later means this person was connected to this property.
What was their trade? was any vehicle in the area that looked like this at the time of the disappearance?
View attachment 289999View attachment 290001View attachment 290000
I don't think the man is AK. From another angle he has reddish hair. Google Maps
upload_2021-3-26_10-44-23.png

I found this snapshot article on Dover Heights. It states that residents enjoy a ‘life of privacy’ so maybe no one wanted to hand over their CCTV images, unless absolutely necessary. It also mentions ‘dover ropes’ used by fishermen to climb down the cliffs.

The full article says ...

Dover Heights Snapshot
Beautiful views, fresh air and sprawling parklands are just a few of the reasons locals love living in the Eastern Suburb of Dover Heights. Tucked away in its own tranquil area, Dover Heights residents enjoy a life of privacy whilst still having access to dining, shopping and entertainment thanks to its vibrant neighbours.

Did You Know?
This Eastern Suburb was given its name, ‘Dover Heights’ as its cliffs greatly resembling those of Dover in Kent, England.

Neighbouring Suburbs
Dover Heights is a small clifftop suburb nestled in amongst the larger suburbs of North Bondi, Rose Bay and Vaucluse.

What You’ll Love
Located 9 km out from the CBD, Dover Heights can feel like its own private island due to the peaceful atmosphere and abundant parklands. Still within close proximity to busier suburbs boasting world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, locals really do have the best of both worlds! This Eastern Suburb features mainly affluent individuals and older, established families who enjoy the luxury and privacy Dover Heights provides.

The cliffs that make this suburb so popular offer large, grassy parklands, perfect for families with young children, as well as those who have furry four-legged companions. One of the most frequented parks is Rodney Reserve. Featuring large soccer and football fields, this one is popular amongst the sportier locals. A well-kept secret, these cliffs are also home to climbing ropes nicknamed the ‘dover ropes’, used by fisherman who climb down and take advantage of some of the best fishing spots in the east.

Also popular is Dudley Page Reserve, famed for its beautiful picturesque view of Sydney Harbour. Those wanting to avoid the busy crowds often gather here to watch the New Year’s firework displays. The park also features a bike track perfect for those looking to stay active, enjoy the outdoors and take in the beautiful views. The combination of beautiful parklands and scenic views means you’ll often find much of the community out and about on weekends, enjoying the fresh ocean air.

Practically on your doorstep is the beauty of Bondi Beach and all it has to offer. A short drive (or walk) will see you in the heart of Sydney’s most popular beach, with plenty see, eat and do at your fingertips! When it comes to shopping, Bondi Junction is home to one of the largest retail precincts and is just moments away from Dover Heights. Boutique, designer shops are just waiting for you to explore in the neighbouring suburb of Double Bay, or a short trip will put you straight into the depths of Paddington’s luxury shopping precinct.

Dover Heights Real Estate
Dover Heights is a predominantly residential suburb meaning locals can enjoy a life of luxury and peace. It attracts many affluent residents and properties are tightly held as families fall in love and stick around for life. Properties vary from multi-million dollar mansions to art-deco gems.

The luxury lifestyle Dover Heights offers doesn’t come cheap – the median house price sits at $3,330,000 if you’re looking to buy, or $1,500 per week if you’re renting.

Transport
Getting around is easy, a train or bus caught from nearby Bondi Junction station will allow you to travel virtually anywhere you want in Sydney.

Local School Catchments
Nearby schooling options include Rose Bay Secondary College and Kesser Torah College.”

I wondered about a dog walker, but dogs are great social instigators...I am sure they were props for 'event's.. '.. like running into elderly people with time and money etc...

It is difficult for me to believe that she didn't check out her location, the exact location of where she was intending to end her life. She was meticulous and highly detailed in her scope of scam, and fraud, leaving hardly anything to chance, .sure, a few errors, but they mostly passed muster, for a very long time.

There surely would be camera footage of the runs she went on previously. Where she went, where she stopped and checked out stuff. I just can't believe she would hurl herself off an unknown and uninvestigated piece of cliff, not knowing if it was shelved, or the depth, or the rocks. So disfiguring, and not in the strata of how women suicide, according to stats..

I have a feeling that she either never thought she would get caught or if she did, she could talk her way out of it as her web was so convoluted that it possibly would not have been easily worked out BUT then having that possibly, totally unexpected, convergence in November, she had to furiously think of what to do, where to go. No time for even a note for her son or family.

I found this snapshot article on Dover Heights. It states that residents enjoy a ‘life of privacy’ so maybe no one wanted to hand over their CCTV images, unless absolutely necessary. It also mentions ‘dover ropes’ used by fishermen to climb down the cliffs.

The full article says ...

Dover Heights Snapshot
Beautiful views, fresh air and sprawling parklands are just a few of the reasons locals love living in the Eastern Suburb of Dover Heights. Tucked away in its own tranquil area, Dover Heights residents enjoy a life of privacy whilst still having access to dining, shopping and entertainment thanks to its vibrant neighbours.

Did You Know?
This Eastern Suburb was given its name, ‘Dover Heights’ as its cliffs greatly resembling those of Dover in Kent, England.

Neighbouring Suburbs
Dover Heights is a small clifftop suburb nestled in amongst the larger suburbs of North Bondi, Rose Bay and Vaucluse.

What You’ll Love
Located 9 km out from the CBD, Dover Heights can feel like its own private island due to the peaceful atmosphere and abundant parklands. Still within close proximity to busier suburbs boasting world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, locals really do have the best of both worlds! This Eastern Suburb features mainly affluent individuals and older, established families who enjoy the luxury and privacy Dover Heights provides.

The cliffs that make this suburb so popular offer large, grassy parklands, perfect for families with young children, as well as those who have furry four-legged companions. One of the most frequented parks is Rodney Reserve. Featuring large soccer and football fields, this one is popular amongst the sportier locals. A well-kept secret, these cliffs are also home to climbing ropes nicknamed the ‘dover ropes’, used by fisherman who climb down and take advantage of some of the best fishing spots in the east.

Also popular is Dudley Page Reserve, famed for its beautiful picturesque view of Sydney Harbour. Those wanting to avoid the busy crowds often gather here to watch the New Year’s firework displays. The park also features a bike track perfect for those looking to stay active, enjoy the outdoors and take in the beautiful views. The combination of beautiful parklands and scenic views means you’ll often find much of the community out and about on weekends, enjoying the fresh ocean air.

Practically on your doorstep is the beauty of Bondi Beach and all it has to offer. A short drive (or walk) will see you in the heart of Sydney’s most popular beach, with plenty see, eat and do at your fingertips! When it comes to shopping, Bondi Junction is home to one of the largest retail precincts and is just moments away from Dover Heights. Boutique, designer shops are just waiting for you to explore in the neighbouring suburb of Double Bay, or a short trip will put you straight into the depths of Paddington’s luxury shopping precinct.

Dover Heights Real Estate
Dover Heights is a predominantly residential suburb meaning locals can enjoy a life of luxury and peace. It attracts many affluent residents and properties are tightly held as families fall in love and stick around for life. Properties vary from multi-million dollar mansions to art-deco gems.

The luxury lifestyle Dover Heights offers doesn’t come cheap – the median house price sits at $3,330,000 if you’re looking to buy, or $1,500 per week if you’re renting.

Transport
Getting around is easy, a train or bus caught from nearby Bondi Junction station will allow you to travel virtually anywhere you want in Sydney.

Local School Catchments
Nearby schooling options include Rose Bay Secondary College and Kesser Torah College.”
He doesn't appear to be wearing protective boots like most tradesmen wear. He seems to be wearing low cut sneakers/running shoes which look like they are ASICS or Slazenger (similar design at times)

His socks pulled up suggest he may be covering a tattoo. If his van and equipment looked cheap and run down I could assume he can't afford trade boots and so is wearing his running shoes, but that isn't the case.
Plus, why would a broke/struggling tradie be attending Dover Heights jobs?

Maybe he feels more comfortable in sneakers. Legitimate reason to not wear steelcaps etc

Last edited:
I have a feeling that she either never thought she would get caught or if she did, she could talk her way out of it as her web was so convoluted that it possibly would not have been easily worked out BUT then having that possibly, totally unexpected, convergence in November, she had to furiously think of what to do, where to go. No time for even a note for her son or family.

I agree that Melissa would have thought she might have been able to avoid severe punishment for her crimes. She had shredded many documents, no doubt also deleting many online/PC files as well.
Melissa definitely looked angry in the raid footage. But her home was prepared for it - other than her personal designer effects.

I disagree that she had no time to advise her son/family that she was leaving. She had plenty of time for notes or even a quick chat and reassurance.

I think it is possible that Melissa's anger spilled over into something bigger that night.

I agree that Melissa would have thought she might have been able to avoid severe punishment for her crimes. She had shredded many documents, no doubt also deleting many online/PC files as well.
Melissa definitely looked angry in the raid footage. But her home was prepared for it - other than her personal designer effects.

I disagree that she had no time to advise her son/family that she was leaving. She had plenty of time for notes or even a quick chat and reassurance.

I think it is possible that Melissa's anger spilled over into something bigger that night.
Plenty of time according to the statements given to police.
Do we know yet what happened the minute the last AFP vehicle drove away?

He doesn't appear to be wearing protective boots like most tradesmen wear. He seems to be wearing low cut sneakers/running shoes which look like they are ASICS or Slazenger (similar design at times)

His socks pulled up suggest he may be covering a tattoo. If his van and equipment looked cheap and run down I could assume he can't afford trade boots and so is wearing his running shoes, but that isn't the case.
I’m working off an ipad and all i can see is a fuzzy image of a red head (looks like Prince Harry) :D

ok,,,, have it your way!..

I merely claim that there would be in excess of 1000 cameras even on that very small area of where she lives, and where she would have walked, or rode, or run, or scooted, or hopped to the cliffs.. but.. what would I know . .. I guess that there could be hundreds of people going round deleting camera stuff, at the very moment Melissa passes by, and some really clever folks waiting at the very spot where she jumps, to delete instantly.. ... what's the chances?

And not to forget the police who must be holding onto all this camera footage from the commercial wharves and piers and the hundreds , hundreds of privately owned landing stages attached to the back of houses along the foreshore on the inner harbour.. .. all the cameras people have in those houses to keep an eye on yachts and motor vessels, not to mention the swimming pools attached to various outcrops of rock, all watched carefully in case they crumble. . ..
See I found it hard to believe there wouldn’t be any CCTV footage, but the police did mention there was a route to the cliffs that she could have taken without being filmed.

It’s definitely strange imo.

View attachment 289999View attachment 290001View attachment 290000

Noticed this a while back - pleased you posted. Electrician, plumber or comms installer ? (pipe or conduit tube on roof?).

In Oct 19, Google Street View shows a dark VW car parked right outside the house with a prominent windscreen sunshade advertising Diamond Property Group (diamondpropgroup.com). Link to photo: Google Maps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member