TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason’s story would be perfect for The Vanished podcast. Host Marissa Jones is fair, thoughtful and sincere when she talks to family & friends of the missing. She has moved recent missing persons cases to the front if they are urgent. Of course only a family member (I believe) can contact her. Her podcast has a large following. IMO

Jason’s story would be perfect for The Vanished podcast. Host Marissa Jones is fair, thoughtful and sincere when she talks to family & friends of the missing. She has moved recent missing persons cases to the front if they are urgent. Of course only a family member (I believe) can contact her. Her podcast has a large following. IMO
The Vanished podcast is just about the best podcast I’ve ever listened to. Start to finish you are captivated. I agree completely that it would be a perfect fit and increase much needed exposure to this case.

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/yami...issing-texas-state-student-speak....interview with Jason's parents. In here it states his digital footprint stops at the intersection and starts back up at crash site. Does this mean whoever got out of the car used the phone one last time?
I think this has been discussed here before. This article does make the statement that the footprint ends at the intersection & begins again at the crash scene 67 min later, but it doesn't cite it as a direct quote attributed to any one person. Because of that, I think the info was attributed to being the (mis)understanding of the reporter alone. As far as I can recall, I don't believe we've heard any LEO or spokesman - or even family - directly quoted as having said the digital footprint begins again at the crash scene when it was discovered. ...it would actually be kind of odd if it did begin again *exactly* 67 min later when the crash was *discovered*. That timing would make me wonder why it began again exactly upon discovery and would seem to indicate to me that the phone had been off (or in some state where it hadn't been broadcasting or pinging any towers or communicating with app servers) and was only turned on exactly when the accident scene was discovered. It's been directly stated by LE that no one at the scene entered the vehicle that night so I'd wonder how that could have happened (or who might be lying, or who else may have been at the scene immediately prior to the scene being found).
As far as we know, I don't believe any "digital footprint" info exists after that intersection he passed thru & until his dad found the phone. His dad claims the phone had power and signal when he found it. I believe it's been said that his dad found the phone by using a "find my phone" type of app so I do kind of wonder what info dad was able to extract from that. For instance, did dad find the crash scene from info given to him by people at the impound lot or maybe LEOs he might have been on touch with? Or did he find more info on the "find/track my phone" app that led him to the scene? ...if dad did indeed find info in the app that led him back to the crash site, that would obviously be an indication that the "digital footprint" had restarted (at least) back at the crash site. ...but I don't think we've ever heard any direct evidence stating that that is the case.
So again, I'm left thinking that the comment in this article was a statement of misunderstanding on the reporter's part.

I think this has been discussed here before. This article does make the statement that the footprint ends at the intersection & begins again at the crash scene 67 min later, but it doesn't cite it as a direct quote attributed to any one person. Because of that, I think the info was attributed to being the (mis)understanding of the reporter alone. As far as I can recall, I don't believe we've heard any LEO or spokesman - or even family - directly quoted as having said the digital footprint begins again at the crash scene when it was discovered. ...it would actually be kind of odd if it did begin again *exactly* 67 min later when the crash was *discovered*. That timing would make me wonder why it began again exactly upon discovery and would seem to indicate to me that the phone had been off (or in some state where it hadn't been broadcasting or pinging any towers or communicating with app servers) and was only turned on exactly when the accident scene was discovered. It's been directly stated by LE that no one at the scene entered the vehicle that night so I'd wonder how that could have happened (or who might be lying, or who else may have been at the scene immediately prior to the scene being found).
As far as we know, I don't believe any "digital footprint" info exists after that intersection he passed thru & until his dad found the phone. His dad claims the phone had power and signal when he found it. I believe it's been said that his dad found the phone by using a "find my phone" type of app so I do kind of wonder what info dad was able to extract from that. For instance, did dad find the crash scene from info given to him by people at the impound lot or maybe LEOs he might have been on touch with? Or did he find more info on the "find/track my phone" app that led him to the scene? ...if dad did indeed find info in the app that led him back to the crash site, that would obviously be an indication that the "digital footprint" had restarted (at least) back at the crash site. ...but I don't think we've ever heard any direct evidence stating that that is the case.
So again, I'm left thinking that the comment in this article was a statement of misunderstanding on the reporter's part.

This has been talked about numerous times. His digital footprint does not start back up 67 min later. 67 min later AFTER the digital footprint stops is when the wrecked car was found. Please note that the Fox articles have been wrong about this (maybe others as well, this is the one that comes to mind since it's been discussed a lot). Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
I've been following this case all along and it really hits home partly because Jason really reminds me of my youngest son who is away at college. I've been gathering my own data on various items and compiling it with some of the other known info just to put forth what I think could be a plausible series of events. I've put it all into one document so hopefully some of you on here can add to/take away/build on it to get us closer to finding out what happened to Jason.

Note: the PDF was too large to attach so I made a shareable link in my DropBox account
Dropbox - Jason Landry.pdf - Simplify your life

If that doesn't work or is not allowed, let me know and I can screenshot and post as images

I've been following this case all along and it really hits home partly because Jason really reminds me of my youngest son who is away at college. I've been gathering my own data on various items and compiling it with some of the other known info just to put forth what I think could be a plausible series of events. I've put it all into one document so hopefully some of you on here can add to/take away/build on it to get us closer to finding out what happened to Jason.

Note: the PDF was too large to attach so I made a shareable link in my DropBox account

If that doesn't work or is not allowed, let me know and I can screenshot and post as images

That PDF is great! Good Work.

I am somebody with social media scraping and analysis expertise, and although it probably isn't useful for this case, I took a look at his twitter likes and based on my being somebody of a similar age as him, I came to these assumptions
1. He semi-regularly smoked weed (liked multiple tweets about weed)
2. He may have been depressed (liked multiple tweets joking about depression)
3. He was likely stressed during finals (tweet liking increased greatly at the end of each semester)

Without having researched a lot into this case, I have to guess that he was under the influence. I have had "stoner" friends who were typically fine smoking, but with a bad batch, did some crazy paranoia induced stuff. How did he drive for so long "normally?".. my guess is an edible taken before driving or during driving. Could explain a sudden change. I was searching on google earth, and I have to wonder.. could he have ended up in a silo or storage type tower nearby the crash zone?

What a great post! Thanks for all your work and research. The amount of wells!!! Ponds! Rubble! etc!!! WOW....

Thanks so much for sharing your research! I look forward to reading what you've discovered, at first glance it appears to be really well done & thorough, very much appreciated :)

Without having researched a lot into this case, I have to guess that he was under the influence. I have had "stoner" friends who were typically fine smoking, but with a bad batch, did some crazy paranoia induced stuff. How did he drive for so long "normally?".. my guess is an edible taken before driving or during driving. Could explain a sudden change. I was searching on google earth, and I have to wonder.. could he have ended up in a silo or storage type tower nearby the crash zone?

I definitely think he was impaired to some degree, either through drugs, injury or a combination of both. I have a hard time believing that a healthy 21 year old with all his mental faculties in place wouldn't have simply just walked out until he found help. In regards to falling into some sort of tank, yes I think this is a real possibility. Even though it would have involved climbing up in some instances, there are several nearby where it would make sense to climb up just to see if you could see lights or civilization to head towards.

I definitely think he was impaired to some degree, either through drugs, injury or a combination of both. I have a hard time believing that a healthy 21 year old with all his mental faculties in place wouldn't have simply just walked out until he found help. In regards to falling into some sort of tank, yes I think this is a real possibility. Even though it would have involved climbing up in some instances, there are several nearby where it would make sense to climb up just to see if you could see lights or civilization to head towards.

This "walking on-top of a tank to try to see light" theory seems like a very plausible one IMO. Makes perfect sense for someone who might have been under the influence and/or concussed and not in a normal state of mind (to understand that he should look for his phone and/or wait). Maybe there was poor cell service in the area, leading to why he stopped using Waze, so he thought looking for the nearest main road was his best bet? I read that hundreds of acres have been searched: has anybody seen if they searched inside any of the nearby tanks?

This is fantastic! I appreciate all your work. The visuals put several things into perspective for me.

This "walking on-top of a tank to try to see light" theory seems like a very plausible one IMO. Makes perfect sense for someone who might have been under the influence and/or concussed and not in a normal state of mind (to understand that he should look for his phone and/or wait). Maybe there was poor cell service in the area, leading to why he stopped using Waze, so he thought looking for the nearest main road was his best bet? I read that hundreds of acres have been searched: has anybody seen if they searched inside any of the nearby tanks?

BBM. I haven't and I've been bringing that up for a while now. Search. The. Tanks. So much so I think I'm sounding like a broken record. lol I don't know for a fact but think they are just doing a ground search (i.e. - not climbing up to check in tanks as they likely feel he'll be down, not up. MOO)

BBM. I haven't and I've been bringing that up for a while now. Search. The. Tanks. So much so I think I'm sounding like a broken record. lol I don't know for a fact but think they are just doing a ground search (i.e. - not climbing up to check in tanks as they likely feel he'll be down, not up. MOO)

I have been unable to get any specifics on what was and wasn't searched, but I have a sneaking suspicion they were probably not due to liability. All of these tanks are on privately owned well leases and are privately owned and fraught with danger. The H2S gas presence alone would probably prevent it. Hopefully someone knows a little more about the legality of it.

I have been unable to get any specifics on what was and wasn't searched, but I have a sneaking suspicion they were probably not due to liability. All of these tanks are on privately owned well leases and are privately owned and fraught with danger. The H2S gas presence alone would probably prevent it. Hopefully someone knows a little more about the legality of it.

BBM. That's a really good point. Thank you for trying to get some specifics on the matter.

Very interesting. The idea of him ending up in a tank brings me back to Elisa Lam's case. I wonder if it would be possible to find more info about the tanks to see if falling in one is even possible. I assume there are a lot of safety precautions with the design of the tank. Maybe with the manufacturer info it could be seen if there is a way to accidentally end up in the tank. Based on the timeline of his disappearance, I do not think he made it far (with the no foul play theory).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288