Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Okorogheye: Mother calls for more help to find missing son

"...I would tell Richard personally 'Come home, we love you, we miss you terribly. We're not angry, we just want to know you're ok'."

Ms Joel described her son as "a very civilised boy, he's very focused, intelligent, loved by everyone".

She said: "We feel he has been taken away - he went to a friend and something happened there..."

“I told a police officer that my son was missing, please help me find him, and she said ‘if you can’t find your son, how do you expect police officers to find your son for you?’”

This is so awful that I'm lost for words.
Yeah I don't know what the hell that officer was thinking. Between this and the Sarah Everard case a few of the Met police officers aren't doing its reputation any good.

Bear in mind we’re only getting one version of events here.

Yes, true of course, but while the Met have made a point of saying they're doing all they can, their denial that this was said or any clarification of what was said or meant instead is conspicuous by its absence. JMO, but it would be a very odd thing for the distraught mother of a young and vulnerable missing person to make up.

Mum of missing teen says police told her 'we can't find your son if you can't'

But this is the UK. Public guns don't exist. Not to mention Richard didn't have grandkids or housemates.
It could be as simple as an extra layer of security, in case the flat gets burgled. We do know he left valuables behind so simple answer to me is that he locked it for that reason. It doesn't seem to me to be relevant to his disappearance, he must know his mum would eventually get in there to check his welfare if she couldn't get an answer from him.

Bear in mind we’re only getting one version of events here.
I am bearing that in mind and I'm also bearing in mind that the Met hasn't exactly denied it either.
Instead we get this from them.
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said the force “is committed to providing the best possible service to families of missing people”.These families “should always be treated with respect and dignity by officers, and have confidence that officers will make every effort to investigate the circumstances of the disappearance with a matter of urgency”, they said.
Link Below:
Mother ‘heartbroken’ after ‘police say they won’t be able to find missing son if she can’t’
Also I don't think that the first thing that a mother wanting help find her missing son would think is let's go to the papers and lie about the police. JMO

I am quite glad Richard's case made it finally to somewhat mainstream media. I have seen his mum and her friends' appeals about a week ago on London Nexdoor app which went to all London neighbourhoods.

Her words at the time were the same - for everyone in public to help to find him as Met police refused and same exact quote ‘if you can’t find your son, how do you expect police officers to find your son for you?’ was there in those first original Nexdoor app appeals too.

Public were outraged about zero police response and appeals than spread to Facebook and elsewhere. I think only after this public outcry police finally made official missing person report for him.

A bit off topic but his case reminds me of missing American/Nigerian girl Lola Shenkoya who went missing in Ealing, West London in 2000 with exact same illness as Richard.

Unfortunately 21 years later she is still missing.

images

Her thread here on ws - UK - UK - Elizabeth Chau, 19, & Lola Shenkoya, 27, West Ealing, 1999/2000

"...The last confirmed sighting of Mr Okorogheye was when he was seen boarding the 23 southbound bus in Ladbroke Grove at 8.44pm..."

There are only 10 stops between where he got on at Ladbroke Grove and the end of the line.
However, one of the stops is Sainsbury's supermarket, where he alledgedly may have been heading.

According to the Transport for London website, the buses run every 10-15 mins at that time of the evening when he left.

It's a distance of 1km, so walkable in approx. 15 mins.
Or it takes 11 minutes to get there on the bus at that time of evening (which seems a bit long, but I'm just going by what the journey planner tells me.)

23 bus route

Last edited:
My 18yr old has a lock on his door for when he goes out. He is an adult and has the right to privacy. He has a lot of expensive computer equipment so it's as much for burglar prevention. I really don't think this is that unusual, especially in cities with high crime rates.

It's absolutely disgusting what the policeman said to her, I really feel if this was a white, pretty, blonde 19yr old the response would have been very different. Honestly are London police trying to pee off the pubic on purpose??! MOO

Police release new images of Richard:

"...The last confirmed sighting of Mr Okorogheye was when he was seen boarding the 23 southbound bus in Ladbroke Grove at 8.44pm..."

Police release new images of missing student as mother pleads for public’s help
Hopefully they can get the CCTV from the bus and find out where he got off and track his movements from there on CCTV.
He also must have taken some cash with him as it's been reported that his bank card and bus pass were left at home.

Last edited:
Hopefully they can get the CCTV from the bus and find out where he got off and track his movements from there on CCTV.
He also must have taken some cash with him as it's been reported that his bank card and bus pass were left at home.
He’d need his bus pass or bank card for a bus journey. London buses don’t take cash. He could use his phone though, to pay on the bus.

I am wondering about the PS 5, only because my som is trying to get hold of one at the moment and can’t. I wonder if how he got hold of one is a clue?
Just a thought, but could Richard have been arranging to meet someone to purchase a used game or console- perhaps arranging to meet somewhere and purposely leaving behind his valuables like phone and wallet lest he get ''jacked''?
speculation, imo.

Police release new images of missing student as mother pleads for public’s help

According to this article it’s unknown where he got off the bus. How is that possible when buses have cctv onboard!
from link, thanks..

Missing student Richard Okoroghey

CCTV image of missing student Richard Okorogheye (Metropolitan Police/PA)

Mr Okorogheye is believed to have left his family home in the Ladbroke Grove area of west London on the evening of March 22 and was reported missing two days later (Metropolitan Police/PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88