FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. As for the 'family and the PI" respectfully the PI's leading theory (unless updated somewhere) is that she was ambushed the moment she left her apt. in the morning. If that happened it is hard to see any need to slam her down on her car or involve her car at all. The ambush is plausible but then the car argues against it.

2. Like a lot of us the family has believed many things at once with no doubt some leading theories. One parent is sure she is dead one thinks she could be alive etc.

3. One problem with the nightime theory is that so many of the things she needed that day are missing including the two phones. The only way I see around that is someone going back to her apt. (but how would they know what to take?) or Jen going to meet someone at night planning to go directly to work from there.

4. Re J the poster's recent post here: it does seem bizarre and claustrophic that Jen would have this last conversation with boyfriend, have one old boyfriend staying over at her apt. (?) another right across the road getting drunk, go missing from a job where her Dad is friends with the CEO (?) from an apartment that is partly chosen by Dad, and that (in the very best way) her sorority sisters are immediately certain something has happened to her and organizing and her Mom does not think for a second she could have gotten into a car accident she says (though they did call around to hospitals I know) and of course that she is living somewhere where MEN I won't just workers are constantly coming in and touching up her apt. leering at her etc. possibly someone is photographing her from outside with their high tech camera, a fellow worker fantasizes about her being eaten by crocodiles and she is working so well on the books that she is possibly penetrating into large scale crime at the time share co.

5. While it is great the family was so close, so dedicated to her, and she was so close with her friends some things seem odd to me. Like who would have their sister's ex boyfriend over at her new condo while she was away - they note this would be difficult emotionally etc. ? I am not criticizing L. just from my perspective. On Greta I think L. says that he has talked to M. I get the sense multiple times as to whether he had anything to do with his sister's disappearance. That seems strange too I mean to me.

What exactly is missing is a point of confusion when you start really digging into the case. Around 2014 the purse the family thought was missing turns up packed in her luggage. That just shows you how little coordination there was between the family and police. It’s never been said if she just stuck the purse inside the luggage to carry it inside that night (meaning it’s still full of her stuff) or if it was empty and she had switched. There is a fbi poster that lists a purse as being missing along with some other things but there is no mention of that briefcase and the Nine West pumps. It’s all very frustrating/confusing so who knows what will pop up anytime.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap/mi...2lYWVuRsGq4BPsDF7XOftRKVhebHYxru4ZuM_kaATtDEk

I will say that if it were me, I would have put Travis’s phone in whatever bag I intended to use the next day as soon as I found it so that I wouldn’t forget it. That’s how I’ve always justified her having Travis’s phone on her if she went missing at night.

It does seem that whoever abducted her either knew to look for 2 phones or he found two phones when he went looking for hers. I think it’s probable the phones were stored together.

You are right there are enough unknowns in this case without there being confusion about things that should just be known for sure. What is missing from her apt.is key also as you say what was in her purse, did she have other purses, did she always take it with her etc. On the Facebook her family says she called her boyfriend at 9:57 a call he says ended at 10:00. I am not picking on her family or her boyfriend here but one of these has to be incorrect if she had time to get into a disagreement with her b.f. in 3 minutes.

What is the shoe evidence i.e. pumps and flip flops? Is it certain? What does it or would it mean?

If the Kesse's really are close to solving this then that is great. I imagine it would mean someone close to Jen - I doubt they are going to uncover a trafficking cartel all on their own. If not so close it would be great if they could issue say 20 'facts' about the case that will not cause harm to their researches. Some of things we are agonizing about must be known for sure by them.

....she called her boyfriend at 9:57 a call he says ended at 10:00.
PM or AM?
Do you mean 21.57? Or 09.57?

If you can't use 24 hour clock, then please try to add AM or PM to avoid confusion. :cool:

There's enough confusion in this case as it is....:)

What is the shoe evidence i.e. pumps and flip flops? Is it certain? What does it or would it mean?

If the Kesse's really are close to solving this then that is great. I imagine it would mean someone close to Jen - I doubt they are going to uncover a trafficking cartel all on their own. If not so close it would be great if they could issue say 20 'facts' about the case that will not cause harm to their researches. Some of things we are agonizing about must be known for sure by them.
Two pair of flip flops were in the front passenger side floor board when the car was found. She usually wore flip flops when she would walk to and from her car and to drive.
4F048768-B706-4AC7-854B-35D2E4C2CD03.jpeg

She apparently got some new Nine West brown crocodile pumps shortly before she disappeared that she was excited about. As far as I know they haven’t been found. She usually kept her work shoes in her briefcase which as far as I know hasn’t been found. If I recall correctly the briefcase generally stayed in her trunk.We know what happened with the purse and we know what’s on the fbi poster though. It’s all super confusing for sure.

The pumps could be really important.

What if she can't wait to wear them? She has a conversation before or after Rob she mentions the phone she has to ship and someone offers to drive her to take the phone to Fed-ex. Why not it will free up her day tomorrow and she gets to show off her new shoes. Maybe she is told they can go for a drink she will be able to test the effect of these new shoes and see how she feels in them. Maybe they never go for this drink. Would Jen let anyone drive her car? They offer to drive she is in the passenger seat where the dogs hit on her (possibly). Now she is in trouble or something happens. Not IN the car. Just a scenario obviously.

The pumps makes less sense with a morning abduction. It's terrible to think the excitement over these new shoes could have doomed her.

Sorry I did not lay out the above scenario very well. Recently a poster has speculated and they emphasize speculated that J. was dating others on the side. We can hypothesize other scenarios where, say, she was taking the new shoes to show someone at work or was planning to go out after work that day. But it leans towards her going out at night with someone she trusted wearing those news shoes. Either an old friend or someone new. If someone had got into her apt. after she said good night to Rob why would the shoes be missing? If someone as the family P.I. suggests ambushed coming out the door she would not be wearing those shoes COULD be taking them to work for the reasons given above.

Any thoughts?

Sorry I did not lay out the above scenario very well. Recently a poster has speculated and they emphasize speculated that J. was dating others on the side. We can hypothesize other scenarios where, say, she was taking the new shoes to show someone at work or was planning to go out after work that day. But it leans towards her going out at night with someone she trusted wearing those news shoes. Either an old friend or someone new. If someone had got into her apt. after she said good night to Rob why would the shoes be missing? If someone as the family P.I. suggests ambushed coming out the door she would not be wearing those shoes COULD be taking them to work for the reasons given above.

Any thoughts?

Her contacts are missing too. She could have slept in them sometimes though.

I think she had plans that night, and they went wrong real fast. It makes more sense than someone randomly showing up or her deciding to run an errand spur of the moment when you step back and look at everything.

How do you think those who suspect someone who was close to Jennifer in the PAST figure in the POI?

In one interview J's Dad says by this point he simply wants his daughter back and he admits it is crudely put even a piece of her. He doesn't even care at this point even who did it. So what is the rationale then for not just releasing info to the public to figure this out? Now if they really are close to figuring it out then I understand but if not surely since money is tight it would be best to enlist free help beyond themselves and the P.I. surely? I realize they are faced bizarre harassment in the past so that could be it.

I want to address the carpet theory. There are two parts of this 1. the sighting at the lack of someone dumping a carpet I think in Nov. the same year and 2. the possible fact (source her Dad interview) that there was carpet missing in a nearby apt.

First of all they need to know if the missing carpet is big enough to hide Jennifer in.

Also and there is no way to put this delicately would a carpet really be an adequate way to transport human remains after so many months? And what would that even mean by that point unless the body was stored in a freezer. As you can see I doubt the carpet theory very much but would be interested in looking at her more closely if anyone thinks it makes sense.

In one interview J's Dad says by this point he simply wants his daughter back and he admits it is crudely put even a piece of her. He doesn't even care at this point even who did it. So what is the rationale then for not just releasing info to the public to figure this out? Now if they really are close to figuring it out then I understand but if not surely since money is tight it would be best to enlist free help beyond themselves and the P.I. surely? I realize they are faced bizarre harassment in the past so that could be it.

I want to address the carpet theory. There are two parts of this 1. the sighting at the lack of someone dumping a carpet I think in Nov. the same year and 2. the possible fact (source her Dad interview) that there was carpet missing in a nearby apt.

First of all they need to know if the missing carpet is big enough to hide Jennifer in.

Also and there is no way to put this delicately would a carpet really be an adequate way to transport human remains after so many months? And what would that even mean by that point unless the body was stored in a freezer. As you can see I doubt the carpet theory very much but would be interested in looking at her more closely if anyone thinks it makes sense.

I think the lady saw what she saw, but it was just someone dumping “trash” in the water. It’s the same as people throwing trash bags, furniture, etc. on the side of the road. They don’t want to pay extra for it with their trash service. The guy probably was looking around because he didn’t want to get caught. IMO

I agree with you that a couple month old corpse is not being transported in that way (rolled carpet) to be disposed of. I’ll spare everyone the gore. IMO

Last edited:

BBM...
I agree with you on the carpet theory. I believe that whatever was done to Jennifer was over before the car was returned to its infamous parking place on 01/24. The "carpet story" occurred approximately 10 months later. The odds of her remaining in a rolled up carpet for 10 months and then moved are very small. I know stranger things have happened in murder cases, but I just don't buy this. The odor would have been unbearable unless she had been put in a freezer for 10 months. Again, I believe whatever happened to Jenn, happened quickly and it was sometime after she left for work and before the car was parked. Sadly, she was probably disposed of that morning.

How do you think those who suspect someone who was close to Jennifer in the PAST figure in the POI?
There was some interesting posts during the first few years of this case regarding his height. Most posters here feel like they got the height estimate wrong. I agree with them. With that being said I think could that throw people off. It was really interesting for me to read their thoughts back then.

The video/pics are also horrible, and you really can’t tell much from it anyways.

I also think that since his clothes show up white, that throws people off. My son is wearing navy pj pants with a white shirt and my husband is wearing navy basketball shorts with a white shirt. They both look like they’re wearing white on the security camera. This dude could be wearing various colors and a lot of people can’t get past they way the photo looks.

That may not even be the person that actually abducted her anyways. For all we know the abductor could have needed to be somewhere, like work, for example, and got someone else to take care of the car.

I agree with you about releasing more info. I personally think that she won’t be found unless someone talks or she is randomly happened upon by accident. Thats why it’s so important to figure out who did this and not go around looking for a needle in a haystack.

I haven’t ever put much credence into the carpet theory because it didn’t make much sense to me. Plus I if I recall correctly that lake was searched. For the carpet to be large enough to hide the body it would be extremely heavy. Also where was this carpet and her body hidden for several months? Unless she was stored in a deep freezer, there would not be much left by November. I agree with all your points.

Is there evidence in this crime of professionalism or amateurism? Planning or opportunism?
Looking at that B. crime blog I realized I had not taken seriously the work angle mostly because there is the narrative of J. doing so well at this job in a company where her Dad was a friend of the CEO (?) there.

Is there evidence in this crime of professionalism or amateurism? Planning or opportunism?
Looking at that B. crime blog I realized I had not taken seriously the work angle mostly because there is the narrative of J. doing so well at this job in a company where her Dad was a friend of the CEO (?) there.

I definitely think the work angel should not be ignored. It would be the most likely place for her to make plans for that night if she had them. She had been gone for a long weekend. If she made plans they would either had been made before the trip or that Monday.

I think it was done by someone with above average intelligence that had the ability to remain calm and focused. I think most likely an amateur that was triggered over her relationship.

What do you think?

I think it's weird she went out that night so soon after flying back from her vacation. You think she's be too tired and have other stuff to do, so it must've been important to her.
I also think it may have been hastily arranged that afternoon/evening over the phone or even by text.

How is it nobody has been able to identify the POI?
Here we have the likely perpetrator being photographed after dumping Jennifer's car yet the POI might as well been wearing a cloak of invisibility. We all know his face was obscured by gateposts but the POI still has a 'look' or a certain appearance if you will.

Finally just how does the POI fit in with Jennifer's workplace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86