CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, this really shows how much LE doesn't let us know.
We were told over and over again that Maricris didn't know anything about the divorce before Maya disappeared, that only LM told them about marital problems.
Now we find out that she borrowed this money and I don't know, I guess she could have just said she needed it without explanation but this family seems very right knit and it's not just $100 for bills..
This, to me, seems like a tactic to keep her in the news for public.
I just wish she'd be found soon, I'm worried for her children.
Even though I don't know them and live on another continent, I've been following her disappearance since the beginning and I don't think it will be a happy ending.
MOO
I believe it was LM that first told the public he and his wife were having marital problems for about a year. I think it was after LM made these statements to several media sources that MM's family/sister - confirmed there was tension between the couple during the last family outing.

I think the family has been doing their best to wait LM out but I think something has happened behind the scenes for MM's sister to speak up about the divorce appointment, and MM needing a large sum of money.

In other words, we are now hearing about a motive for MM to go missing without a trace.

I think you can trust that when police do not request outside assistance it's because they are looking at a criminal investigation versus a missing person investigation -- but can't make this type of announcement publically. You can bet that they want a certain person to believe they are spending hours viewing neighborhood surveillance and not much else!

Similar to when an individual is obviously a person of interest and LE will not confirm that they are.

PI's can be very valuable for missing persons where no criminal element is suspected. However, despite what you see on TV, they cannot tap phones, obtain phone data, GPS evidence for court, tower dumps, etc. which require search warrants. They cannot make arrests or subpoena information -- all elements of an investigation that must be kept close to the vest of investigators responsible for turning over a solid package to the prosecutor's office. Also, in CA especially -- the DA's office has investigators that serve smaller towns and counties such as California City with missing West brothers.

Again -- we have no confirmation from LE and I'm sorry but I don't believe MM is not coming back to her family alive, and I think she's the victim of foul play -- homicidal violence. MOO

ETA: I don't believe LE would turn down credible info from PI just as they wouldn't turn down credible tips from the public. In this case, I believe they turned down the independent services of the PI.

Here's a resource link related to CA private investigators.

https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.awi.org/resource/collection/6FBE4315-CBBB-443D-B005-8B0F2329CB57/Module 11 - Magnifying the PI.pdf

i totally agree with all of it. i am just hoping that if the PI had any info to give, that the CVPD took it down at least.

Last edited:
I believe it was LM that first told the public he and his wife were having marital problems for about a year. I think it was after LM made these statements to several media sources that MM's family/sister - confirmed there was tension between the couple during the last family outing.

I think the family has been doing their best to wait LM out but I think something has happened behind the scenes for MM's sister to speak up about the divorce appointment, and MM needing a large sum of money.

In other words, we are now hearing about a motive for MM to go missing without a trace.
:(
It appears that way.
Poor Maya !

I cannot help but wonder what the consequence of this tactic will have in LM’s current environment. Based on my own non-expert behavior analysis of LM’s past behaviors, this tactic will anger him. But what does making him angry do for helping to find Maya? IMO he’s angered more because his name is smeared further. We know based on his last public statement that he doesn’t like the way media portrays him. His SIL finally publicly verified that there was a motive, and now more people in LM’s environment may not look at him as the “naive” husband...Anyway, because of the effect this may have on his psyche, I worry for his children.

You’re right, something changed for MM’s sister to reveal this info. It had to be intentional, with permission granted from LE, right?!? Perhaps she is just sooo exasperated that it slipped, but I doubt it.
MOO

I cannot help but wonder what the consequence of this tactic will have in LM’s current environment. Based on my own non-expert behavior analysis of LM’s past behaviors, this tactic will anger him. But what does making him angry do for helping to find Maya? IMO he’s angered more because his name is smeared further. We know based on his last public statement that he doesn’t like the way media portrays him. His SIL finally publicly verified that there was a motive, and now more people in LM’s environment may not look at him as the “naive” husband...Anyway, because of the effect this may have on his psyche, I worry for his children.

You’re right, something changed for MM’s sister to reveal this info. It had to be intentional, with permission granted from LE, right?!? Perhaps she is just sooo exasperated that it slipped, but I doubt it.
MOO
If LE didn't sanction the release of information. IMO, the only reason Maricris tip-toed around LM was because of the kids. After LM stopped letting Maya's family see them, there is no longer a reason to play nice with him.

Further, I feel the family suspected LM and foul play from the beginning- with good reason I might add.

Perhaps MM family are seeking to obtain visitation rights of the children and cease the alleged family alienation by LM. Perhaps an experienced legal guardian attorney giving them advice on how to proceed. I wonder if the paternal grandparents are still allowed visitation?

Perhaps MM family are seeking to obtain visitation rights of the children and cease the alleged family alienation by LM. Perhaps an experienced legal guardian attorney giving them advice on how to proceed. I wonder if the paternal grandparents are still allowed visitation?
Not an expert in this area; I'm thinking the courts won't touch this (at this time). At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think there is (potential) high risk to the well being of those children *if* the husband is involved in Maya's disappearance in any way. Since LE has not named him a POI, I "guess" CPS can't do anything (?), but I am extremely concerned about them. Extremely.
I am praying that the husband of 20+ years is not involved. That would just be so terrible for these children, and of course the extended family.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Not an expert in this area; I'm thinking the courts won't touch this (at this time). At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think there is (potential) high risk to the well being of those children *if* the husband is involved in Maya's disappearance in any way. Since LE has not named him a POI, I "guess" CPS can't do anything (?), but I am extremely concerned about them. Extremely.
I am praying that the husband of 20+ years is not involved. That would just be so terrible for these children, and of course the extended family.

I believe we are all concerned about the children that have suddenly lost the love and support of both their mother AND their extended family of which they clearly had a prior bond. The family may first seek mediation if not court intervention. Clearly, somebody should see the children and confirm they are in-fact OK.

Reportedly, it seems the children are limited to only a relationship and support by their dad -- who may very well not be physically or mentally fit to parent as time continues to pass.

Under California law, a grandparent can ask the court for reasonable visitation with a grandchild. To give a grandparent reasonable visitation with a grandchild, the court has to:
  1. Find that there was a pre-existing relationship between grandparent and grandchild that has “engendered a bond.” This means that there is such a bond between grandparent and grandchild that visitation is in best interest of the grandchild.

AND

2. Balance the best interest of the child in having visitation with a grandparent with the rights of the parents to make decisions about their child.
Visitation Rights of Grandparents - custody_famlaw_selfhelp

I believe we are all concerned about the children that have suddenly lost the love and support of both their mother AND their extended family of which they clearly had a prior bond. The family may first seek mediation if not court intervention. Clearly, somebody should see the children and confirm they are in-fact OK.

Reportedly, it seems the children are limited to only a relationship and support by their dad -- who may very well not be physically or mentally fit to parent as time continues to pass.

Under California law, a grandparent can ask the court for reasonable visitation with a grandchild. To give a grandparent reasonable visitation with a grandchild, the court has to:
  1. Find that there was a pre-existing relationship between grandparent and grandchild that has “engendered a bond.” This means that there is such a bond between grandparent and grandchild that visitation is in best interest of the grandchild.

AND

2. Balance the best interest of the child in having visitation with a grandparent with the rights of the parents to make decisions about their child.
Visitation Rights of Grandparents - custody_famlaw_selfhelp
Thank you for this excellent information! I wish there were something that could be done short term/immediately. This is so worrisome.

MOO

I think Maricris going public with certain info is a combo of factors- frustration with LE, frustration with LM, and lack of any information one way or another from any sources. I know this forum is pro-LE, but I would be just as frustrated and angry as MM's family. In a situation like this, it's really hard to rely on LE and assume they are competent at these kinds of investigations, especially when there hasn't been much forward movement, no POI, no request for help to an outside agency. In Maricris' shoes, I would be less confident in the investigator with each passing day.

I thought they said the FBI got involved, what happened there? Either way, LM is in a bad position. Wife goes missing the night she makes an appointment with a divorce attorney AND you have an argument, then you don't report her missing for days? Even if he didn't have anything to do with her disappearance, he's still completely unreliable and the family has every right to blame him for, at the very least, the lack of care and concern for Maya. He should've raised the alarm, he let the situation play out until her family reported her missing, what utter bs. At this rate, I've lost any confidence that LM didn't have something to do with this, and hope to God something happens soon.

San Diego’s top stories feat. MM’s sisters attorney. The shrine though with their picture and what looks like blood splatters...WHAT in the world!!! INSANITY. Ugh, I am terrified even more for what the children are being exposed to right now. MOO

Attorney describes walk-through of Maya Millete’s South Bay house | cbs8.com

“An attorney [Billy Little, Jr] working with the family of a missing a Chula Vista mother is speaking out about a walk-through he conducted of Maya Millete’s house.”

Wow, just...wow. A must-read article.

Sorry I double posted this by mistake. Great article, so glad more info has been released. IMO he should be making a mistake soon because he seems mentally ill. Hundreds of texts per day?!? Requesting all male coworkers be moved?!? Obsessive and possessive personality. o_O

IMO, those kids need to be out of that house YESTERDAY. :eek::mad::(
I feel like based on those text messages he sent MM, her sister could file for custody or take this to court as proof that LM is entirely mentally unstable. I don’t know how custody battles work, but he did himself NO favors by leaving those paranoid and cult like text messages. NO FAVORS. He needs professional help in more ways than one. That has been made blatantly clear. IMO

“An attorney [Billy Little, Jr] working with the family of a missing a Chula Vista mother is speaking out about a walk-through he conducted of Maya Millete’s house.”

Wow, just...wow. A must-read article.

Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 8:33 PM PDT April 2, 2021 / Updated: 8:33 PM PDT April 2, 2021

Thank You. Gosh, we can always depend on David Gotfredson to dig up the real details. He's such a blessing in the cases he covers. The news video... it's disturbing. That hole in the wall freshly repaired. There may have been a time LM didn't use a key to get at Maya behind that door? Just my own speculation here.

A freezer! Haven't I mentioned a freezer in many of my posts? It was missing, but found at one of Larry's relatives. That is exactly what I was thinking. ( :( Elizabeth Sullivan flashbacks)

I'm so disappointed in what sounds like genuine "we got nothing" from LE. They need to call for help. The main thing is to find Maya. Sigh, I can't imagine how her family can bear this ongoing agony.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member