Found Deceased OH- Alaina Camacho, 18, & Nathan Orona, 20, Cleveland, 1 Feb 2021

I’ve been told it will be around three weeks for the autopsy to be completed by Lorain county according to a WEWS reporter. I also asked if the car was found just off shore or if it was moved there for retrieval and the response was that he couldn’t see but searchers focused on an area ten yards off shore after using sonar. He shared this photo with me when I asked about seeing any damage besides the already missing front bumper.

Attachments

• C66C1FAD-06BB-45E9-A557-444253F7D8EC.jpeg
    C66C1FAD-06BB-45E9-A557-444253F7D8EC.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 101
Missing Ohio friends: Bodies found in Lake Erie

On Monday, the Ohio Department of Natural Resources used sonar to search around the pier near the marina. They discovered an anomaly under water and sent in divers, who found the car.

“Sadly, inside the vehicle, investigators discovered the body of missing 18-year-old Alaina Camacho from Cleveland,” the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office said.

The sheriff’s office said a cause and manner of death has not been determined.

Body of missing Cleveland woman found in Lake Erie

After pulling the vehicle out of the water at 5:53 p.m. Camacho's body was found inside a her gold 2004 Honda Accord.

The Honda was located just off of a pier east of the Hot Waters boat launch.

The cause and manner of her death has not been determined.

An autopsy will be scheduled in the next couple of days with authorities expected to release more information, the Sheriff's Office said.

The Sheriff's Office sent condolences to both the Orona and Camacho families.

Those gray objects look to me like cement barricades that would ordinarily be sitting at the end of the pier to keep people from driving off but the way that the car is being towed out suggests to me that is exactly what happened - so how long have those barricades been where they're shown in the photo? I looked around a bit on Google Maps Street View but I can't seem to find the exact pier.

i know but one article says one of these ransom people reached out to the last person who saw alaina. how would a random scammer know these things? and reach them via text?

Obviously I'm not privy to anything about the investigation, but based on what was in the news reports, the texts went to people who had been in the news and on social media. It's pretty easy for scammers to find that kind of information.

I could be wrong. I guess we'll see as the investigation progresses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back