MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #6 - Chauvin Trial Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cathyrusson
·
17m
#DerekChauvinTrial - NEW BODY CAM FOOTAGE: McMillian is telling Chauvin he didn't need to put foot/knee on the neck. Chauvin says, "That's one person's opinion. Gotta control this guy because he's a sizable guy. Looks like he's on something."
@LawCrimeNetwork
Thank you for posting the DC quote. I had to walk away. This is unbearable. My heart aches for these witnesses. I became physically ill. I can’t even begin to imagine how this has affected their lives.

Yes, he said that he saw him 5 days earlier and wished him well and be safe (paraphrasing) and to get home to family. He also said he knew him previously from the neighborhood.

MOO

How prophetic that statement turned out to be! I couldn’t help but wonder if he had seen suspect interact with people before as it’s a loaded statement! Didn’t it also include something about people in the neighbourhood getting home safely too?

Broke me when he started crying. These poor people will never be the same. I feel so sorry for the family having to watch these videos over and over xx

CNN talking heads pointing out that Chauvin's manner when speaking with Mr. McMillan was basically so calm and cool, probably considered unusual demeanor after an incident of this nature.

The defence could well bring up his "calm and cool" demeanour in that video to assert that his use of force at the time was not excessive in his belief - that it was police protocol for the situation they were in. That in the defendant's belief GF's dwindling health was due to drugs not his own actions.

I'm trying to remain impartial during this trial until all evidence is heard.

Charles McMillian, who is 61, says that he didn't see any violence from Mr Floyd towards officers.

He adds "I was trying to get him to go" with officers as Mr McMillian said that's how interactions with police go.

McMillian says he knew Derek Chauvin from the officer being in the community.

McMillian said that he stopped to see what was going on with George Floyd because he "was nosey".

Police bodycam footage is currently being played to the court which depicts Mr Floyd saying "I can't breathe" while he is being put in a police car.

Mr Floyd says he doesn't want to get in the car because he is claustrophobic.

McMillian says he asked the police to let Mr Floyd up - but the police told him that if Mr Floyd could talk then he could breathe.

This is understood to be the last sympathetic interaction George Floyd would have had with someone who was trying to help him.

George Floyd killing: Live updates of Derek Chauvin trial with shop worker who served victim describing what happened before police arrived

Last edited:
My heart. This is one of the most hard hitting trials I’ve ever watched. I consider myself thick skinned, but I’m sat here with tears flowing down my face. I am so angry there just aren’t any words. George may you be resting in peace with your ‘Mama’ justice is coming.

Possible.
Or,to counter that the crowd was distracting him, making him nervous, he was acting in response to "violent mob?"
I.E., how was he so calm and cool if he was supposedly so bothered by the crowd?

The defence could well bring up his "calm and cool" demeanour in that video to assert that his use of force at the time was not excessive in his belief - that it was police protocol for the situation they were in. That in the defendant's belief GF's dwindling health was due to drugs not his own actions.

I'm trying to remain impartial during this trial until all evidence is heard.

Possible.
Or,to counter that the crowd was distracting him, making him nervous, he was acting in response to "violent mob?"
I.E., how was he so calm and cool if he was supposedly so bothered by the crowd?

Even the EMT (who testified yesterday) was shouting obscene language at the officer/s. This is before she noted “she didn’t know” when questioned why she didn’t call emergency technicians instead of helping cause a scene. Granted, Fire/Medics were en route before she came upon the scene.

My heart. This is one of the most hard hitting trials I’ve ever watched. I consider myself thick skinned, but I’m sat here with tears flowing down my face. I am so angry there just aren’t any words. George may you be resting in peace with your ‘Mama’ justice is coming.

I feel exactly the same!! Xx

How prophetic that statement turned out to be! I couldn’t help but wonder if he had seen suspect interact with people before as it’s a loaded statement! Didn’t it also include something about people in the neighbourhood getting home safely too?

Broke me when he started crying. These poor people will never be the same. I feel so sorry for the family having to watch these videos over and over xx

True, but I think Mr. McMillian is also still very emotional about losing his own mother a month after George died.

Jmho

Oh, wow, I can't believe I missed that. Is that on the video the firefighter took?

Maybe. It was covered on defence questioning I believe as he was asked about telling officer Thao to kill himself.. he replied that he thought the officer would shoot himself in head after two years or words to that effect

@ChrisJansing

One of the pool reporters in the Chauvin courtroom says some jurors stopped watching the graphic video of George Floyd struggling with police. Earlier in the day, one juror had a stress reaction to what they were seeing and hearing.

So was that when the juror got ill mid morning? I missed the first hour or so? Xx

@ChrisJansing

One of the pool reporters in the Chauvin courtroom says some jurors stopped watching the graphic video of George Floyd struggling with police. Earlier in the day, one juror had a stress reaction to what they were seeing and hearing.
I wonder if jury members not viewing evidence will cause problems at a later date? Same with the juror having a stress reaction.

Charles McMillian, who is 61, says that he didn't see any violence from Mr Floyd towards officers.

He adds "I was trying to get him to go" with officers as Mr McMillian said that's how interactions with police go.

McMillian says he knew Derek Chauvin from the officer being in the community.

McMillian said that he stopped to see what was going on with George Floyd because he "was nosey".

Police bodycam footage is currently being played to the court which depicts Mr Floyd saying "I can't breathe" while he is being put in a police car.

Mr Floyd says he doesn't want to get in the car because he is claustrophobic.

McMillian says he asked the police to let Mr Floyd up - but the police told him that if Mr Floyd could talk then he could breathe.

This is understood to be the last sympathetic interaction George Floyd would have had with someone who was trying to help him.

George Floyd killing: Live updates of Derek Chauvin trial with shop worker who served victim describing what happened before police arrived

I honestly don't understand the claustrophobic part. He was just inside a car before this all happened.

How would he be able to go anywhere in any vehicle if he suffered from claustrophobia?

Jmho

In the one hour long body cam footage video. Before the ambulance left the scene an officer was asking other officers "is this yours?" in reference to what appeared to be a small black item. Was this a bodycam? IIRC it was Chauvin that eventually took the item as his?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88