Gerry's Blog 9/10/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
Latest Update - Gerry's Blog/Diary

Day 130 - 10/09/2007

The last few days have been incredibly busy and of course, unbelievably stressful and emotionally draining.

On Friday Kate and I were made ‘arguido’- official suspects in Madeleines disappearance. We cannot comment on any details of the investigation, interviews or any evidence that has been presented to us. We could never possibly have imagined being put in this unbearable situation. No specific charges have been presented at this point and there has been no restriction on our movements imposed.

Despite the anguish and extreme distress this has caused all of our family, long term no one will be able to doubt how intensely Kate and I have been scrutinised. We have absolute confidence that, when all of the facts are presented together, we will be able to demonstrate that we played absolutely no part in Madeleines abduction. Our primary concern has always been the search for Madeleine and this aspect, that our daughter is still missing, must remain a priority for the investigation.

On Saturday we asked the Portuguese police if they had any objection to us coming back to the UK. We had assured them that we will continue to cooperate fully with the investigation and of course will return as requested and for our own emotional reasons. We decided to fly back on Sunday as we had originally planned and all of our family spent the rest of the evening helping us to pack.

On Sunday we left for the airport at 7am with huge media attention. Camera crews followed us all the way to the airport, and the whole experience, like much of the last four months was incredibly surreal. The flight itself went quickly with Sean and Amelie constantly active and excited about returning to Leicestershire. We always hoped that we would not have to return without Madeleine and could never have imagined the possibility that we would do so as suspects in our own daughters disappearance. The pain and turmoil we have experienced in this last week is totally beyond description. Kate and I are totally 100% confident in each others innocence and our family and friends have rallied round unflinchingly to support us. We would like to thank everyone else for the support we have received since we came home.

We have had very mixed emotions since coming back to our own home. It is very comforting to have such familiar surroundings and our own belongings and the twins have settled straight back in as if they have never been away. We have had numerous visitors with friends and those in official capacities. We have appointed solicitors to advise us and assist our Portuguese lawyer in preparing our defence against any possible charges. The sooner this is done the sooner we can concentrate fully on trying to find Madeleine, which is the most important thing through this unending nightmare.

While this one is not so obviously not his actual writing.....two thoughts....

1. It feels like someone else trying to write like him...where are the spelling/grammer errors?

2. Why does his blog always have to be about him/them....

Yes it is obviously a carefully worded release. No jogging today!

Us, us, us...what WE'RE feeling....what WE'RE going through....hardly anything at all about Madeleine!!!! :sick: :furious:

*sigh*I am surprised he updated the blog.Still its all about him and Kate.

I find his blog so strange.You would think it would be more like an open letter to Madeleine telling all they were doing to find her and how much they missed and loved her.I just don't get them :(

when all of the facts are presented together, we will be able to demonstrate that we played absolutely no part in Madeleines abduction.

By the looks of things, that statement will probably be very true... being as it is now widely thought, through forensics, that Madeleine was never abducted in the first place. You can't be a part of something that never happened.

Mr. McCann is spinning the art of obfuscation, if it is true that they harmed her: he is taking an indirect route that tries to cover up something, without actually telling a lie. It is true that they did not take part in her abduction, if an abduction never existed in the first place.

My opinion...

"Kate and I are totally 100% confident in each others innocence."

I find the above a curious statement. Is Gerry setting the stage for the possibility that Kate duped him along with everyone else? I wonder if they might turn on each other if things get more intense.

It is Gerry's Blog -- after all -- keep in mind the British are fairly cool folks -- I think he is extremely cautious with his posts -- that's all.

This is the same kind of self-obsessed, rationalizing claptrap we've been reading all summer.

And I found one other truth besides admitting they didn't kidnap Madeleine. He also said, "our daughter is still missing". Yes, she is. So would you like to enlighten us, Gerry, about where we can find her?

At least he didn't misspell his daughter's name this time.

I find the above a curious statement. Is Gerry setting the stage for the possibility that Kate duped him along with everyone else? I wonder if they might turn on each other if things get more intense.

Stranger things have happened. And wouldn't that be the perfect defense if MO hadn't looked in on the kids after GM had checked on them. Too bad for Kate. (actually, maybe not - MO couldn't swear to seeing Madeline, but what a chance they took! Was Matthew supposed to discover Madeline missing in the original plan???)

She could say that maybe he did something to Madeline, and he could point the finger at her. Reasonable doubt, being sure one of them did it but which one?

There was a L&O like that once. It gave me shivers. The ending scene was the couple getting onto the elevator with their lawyers after being acquitted. The camera angle dropped low, and you saw their fingers touch, and then you realized it had been planned from the beginning. :(

By the looks of things, that statement will probably be very true... being as it is now widely thought, through forensics, that Madeleine was never abducted in the first place. You can't be a part of something that never happened.

Mr. McCann is spinning the art of obfuscation, if it is true that they harmed her: he is taking an indirect route that tries to cover up something, without actually telling a lie. It is true that they did not take part in her abduction, if an abduction never existed in the first place.

My opinion...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GM is actually very good at this! If go back and read some of the old stuff he has said and compare it to what we know now, you will see his "art" at work. Almost as good as the PJ.

Salem

And how many times has Gerry said: "we don't blame each other." He said that in the very first interview. The video link is in the media thread. We don't blame each other for what? for leaving the kids alone? for giving them drugs? for hurting Maddie? for hiding Maddie? What don't you "blame each other" for???????

I'm so glad they are finding comfort in being home, in familiar surroundings and with their own belongings. That undoubtedly makes up for the enormous and heart-wrenching void in their lives because Maddie is no longer in the home with them, sleeping in her own bed, playing with her belongings. ("My daughter is missing, but at least I still got my La-Z-Boy and my cereal bowl")

:eek:
Good call...

That is an odd statement. I wonder if maybe (if he isn't involved) is becoming suspicious of Kate. Or, does he know what happened, did he try to cover for Kate but knows now that they are about to be found out so, is he going to act surprised and shocked as if he really doesn't know and let Kate take the fall by herself?

I personally dont find his statement regarding "they are confident in each others innocence" that particularly odd at this point in time given the news media speculating one or both were suspect... They are not US citizens, we cannot assume every county's behavior's and what is "ok" with us or not is the same for them, we dont rule the entire planet, all countries have their own customs, culture, etc.. doesnt make them Wrong just because we in the USA dont like it, I'm sure we do awhole lot of things they dont like....

I admit I haven't read all his blog entries, but it strikes me as very odd that he would write such a long entry to his "public." And the statement that they are "still confident" in eachother is too bland - isn't he angry that they are being accused? I know the British are stoical, but that's not the sort of thing I would expect an aggrieved father to write if he and his wife are accused of such a horrible thing.

Really odd.

Also the stuff about their homecoming. It sounds as if they've been to the grocery store and then back home, no big deal, and the kids are fine and happy too. Very flat and unnatural. Gosh! I'm going back to read more entries.

I think in the U.S., any defense attorney would tell this guy to stop writing anything, don't you think?

His blog entries read as if he's playing a part in a stage production, as if he's not really there so it doesn't matter what happens. It reads as if it's not happening to him. Just to his character.

Wonder if he (or the rest of the travel party) kept a blog before all this happened, it'd be interesting to read now as long as it hasn't been edited.

I would think it would be painful to return to the home where Maddie had lived. Why no comment about seeing her room and all of her things? Aren't there TONS of reminders of her there?

That blog is the biggest crock of ships I've ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow