MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #6 - Chauvin Trial Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure if I was in that situation and was reeling with anxiety and being scared I would resist too. I don’t think he’s actually resisting to cause harm, he’s resisting because he’s scared to death. JMO. In my eyes, I wonder if he was so scared because he felt the situation was bad and he felt something was going to happen. I’m pretty good at feelings, and I was almost robbed at work a few months ago and luckily I was able to have someone stay with me while the guys got freaked out and left since I was no longer alone. This is why they say trust your instincts. Maybe GF felt all along this was gonna be the outcome, and he was panicked!

I agree – panic attack. You can’t breathe, have intense fear, terror, etc.

They decided brute force was the solution. Mr. Tough Guy Cop. I can’t even believe the one cop pulled a gun at first, which started the escalation, I think. They should have de-escalated the situation.

Lane seems the most humane. He’s the rookie. The experienced officers are cynical. This all seems like a combination of indifference, ego, cynicism, contempt for drug addicts, impatience, lack of humility. There’s nothing here that involves officers feeling threatened by GF or the crowd. That’s bunk!
Yet, wasn't he the one behind DC? but he absolutely did restraining of his own, on GFs legs.
He has some redeeming going for him but he's only less bad than utter ... you know what I mean

I'm glad the judge said he was getting the attorneys to streamline. The sickening video had been played from every angle and perspective over and over. Not sure why the defense isn't objecting due to it being repetitive. I'm not gaining any additional information from the video being replayed constantly. No wonder some jurors are looking away, they've seen it enough times!
It’s multiple officers’ body cams. They’re looking away because it’s painful and unbearable to watch such cruelty.

“I’m claustrophobic”

“Aha”.

“My stomach hurts”

“Aha”

Which officer is saying that? Chauvin?
I couldn't tell either. It might be Chauvin, but none of them seemed to take him seriously. I think it was Thao who "explained" that if you can talk, you can breathe. I wonder if they were taught that in their training.

Forgive me if this has been posted/asked. Did anyone pull a still of GF sitting in the rear passenger side of the vehicle before he was pulled out?

I thought I saw GF sitting upright before he wS pulled from the vehicle. If so, thats an important point regardless of when the medical incident occurred.

I couldn't tell either. It might be Chauvin, but none of them seemed to take him seriously. I think it was Thao who "explained" that if you can talk, you can breathe. I wonder if they were taught that in their training.
If they were taught that, they were taught wrong. A person in a life threatening asthma attack can ask for help and express their fear vocally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak