MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #6 - Chauvin Trial Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, again thanks in advance as there is a lot I’ve missed:

Do we know what GF was attempting to purchase at the store? It doesn’t matter, but just wondering.

Cigarettes. The video shows someone giving him something in the store, sort of like a drug exchange. However, I think it was his male passenger who gave him the counterfeit bill.

He pulled his gun because GF wouldn’t put his hands on the steering wheel when told to and he couldn’t tell if he was reaching for a gun.
He had his gun drawn before he even got to the car. I'm pretty sure Floyd saw the gun before Lane said anything to him. It also didn't help that he kept yelling and cursing for him to put his hands up. He didn't tell him what he was being arrested for until after he pulled him out of the drivers seat.

Exhibit 1: Map
Exhibit 11: Video taken from camera across the street
Exhibit 17: Photo of DC/his knee on George Floyd’s neck
Exhibit 20: Williams’ 911 call
Exhibit 24- GH’s cell video
Exhibit 25- GH’s 911 call
Exhibits 26, 27, 28- 3 videos taken by minor with her friend’s phone
Exhibit 31- Combination: Surveillance video from inside Cup Foods / Surveillance cam footage from business across the street of Cup Foods showing store clerks approaching vehicle that GF and two others are in.
Exhibit 49- Officer Thao’s body cam footage
Exhibit 184- Photo showing bystanders/witnesses

Last edited:
He had his gun drawn before he even got to the car. I'm pretty sure Floyd saw the gun before Lane said anything to him. It also didn't help that he kept yelling and cursing for him to put his hands up. He didn't tell him what he was being arrested for until after he pulled him out of the drivers seat.
It didn’t look that way to me. Looked like he told him to put his hands on the steering wheel and GF was leaning to the right with his right hand out of sight and when he wouldn’t comply, the cop drew his gun.

Cigarettes. The video shows someone giving him something in the store, sort of like a drug exchange. However, I think it was his male passenger who gave him the counterfeit bill.
I thought it was his friend who took something from Floyd and then walked to the front of the store with it. George seemed to be putting his hands in and out of his pockets a lot. He seemed very fidgety, constantly moving around and doing that little dance.

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-31_18-50-30.jpeg
    upload_2021-3-31_18-50-30.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 16
Question, again thanks in advance as there is a lot I’ve missed:

Do we know what GF was attempting to purchase at the store? It doesn’t matter, but just wondering.

Looks like LH (GF's male passenger) filed a notice of intent to invoke his 5th amendment privilege and to quash subpoena.

https://www.mncourts.gov/mncourtsgov/media/High-Profile-Cases/27-CR-20-12646/Motion03312021.pdf

Of course. I think, not certain, this guy passed the counterfeit bill to GF and it is shown in the Cup foods surveillance video.

chauvin-floyd-minneapolis_wide-35e45cc2e47705fde68de550208649b373cfe846-s1700-c85.jpg

Minneapolis Officer Derek Chauvin is seen struggling to force George Floyd into the back seat of a police SUV in newly released body camera video recorded by Officer Tou Thao.

Hennepin County/MPR/YouTube/Screenshot by NPR

*article from August 14, 2020

This picture is Chauvin pulling him OUT of the vehicle. Note the vehicle behind Chauvin. George entered/pushed into the vehicle on the sidewalk side. He was removed on street side.

Again, my question remains why Chauvin pulled him out once he was in the car.

I find such irony that yesterday we heard time after time the defense try to witness blame, imo, several witnesses for swearing yet in today's tape the officers hit the ground throwing fbombs with way more gusto than anyone on that sidewalk. I didn't hear today's crosses but I hope they didn't pull the same defense. The "this poor office killed that bad man because people kept swearing at him and made him nervous" defense is pure rubbish.
On another note, the survivors guilt these poor witnesses have is breaking my heart. I don't think I've ever cried this much at any trial, ever. Mr. McMillian's testimony was the final straw, it took me a few minutes to pull myself together before I was presentable enough to get out of my car.

All of 3 seconds after they issued the order, then the gun being drawn at his face surely enough send him into panic and the rest...we saw the rest, unfortunately we have seen what came next :(:mad:
If i were a cop and thought someone could be reaching for a gun, i would certainly draw mine to protect myself whether it was 3 seconds or 10.

In the video it looks like he aims his gun at the window as soon as he gets to the car.

As stargazer17 said, it was his flashlight.
  • Lane approaches Floyd's car and uses the back of his flashlight to tap on the driver's-side window.
  • Floyd is visibly startled in the vehicle.
  • Lane pulls a service weapon and demands to see Floyd's hands.
  • A confused Floyd looks and leans back, asking, "What did we do, Mr. Officer?"
  • After saying, "I'm sorry, officer," Floyd puts both hands on the steering wheel.
  • "I'm so sorry," Floyd can be heard telling Lane again, explaining that he wants to comply. "I got shot the same way, Mr. Officer, before."
Unsealed bodycam video reveals new details of George Floyd's fatal arrest

This picture is Chauvin pulling him OUT of the vehicle. Note the vehicle behind Chauvin. George entered/pushed into the vehicle on the sidewalk side. He was removed on street side.

Again, my question remains why Chauvin pulled him out once he was in the car.

I suspect they wanted to hogtie George. I really don't like that Thao was looking for the hogtie.
Chauvin and Thao just seem so ...... callous.

Of course. I think, not certain, this guy passed the counterfeit bill to GF and it is shown in the Cup foods surveillance video.

There's also this....so possibly doesn't want to incriminate himself regarding the pills?

https://www.mncourts.gov/mncourtsgov/media/High-Profile-Cases/27-CR-20-12949-TT/Exhibit112312020.pdf

I find such irony that yesterday we heard time after time the defense try to witness blame, imo, several witnesses for swearing yet in today's tape the officers hit the ground throwing fbombs with way more gusto than anyone on that sidewalk. I didn't hear today's crosses but I hope they didn't pull the same defense. The "this poor office killed that bad man because people kept swearing at him and made him nervous" defense is pure rubbish.
On another note, the survivors guilt these poor witnesses have is breaking my heart. I don't think I've ever cried this much at any trial, ever. Mr. McMillian's testimony was the final straw, it took me a few minutes to pull myself together before I was presentable enough to get out of my car.

Ha, first thing I noticed! I was like "oh, so the officers can use this language...but not the bystanders...interesting."

If the defense is trying to use the crowds language as a reason the officers were nervous etc, well ummm don't you think GF was equally as nervous by the language used by the officers?

So, I’m watching the young store clerk testify now, who went over to the car to notify them that the bill passed was fake and that his manager wanted to talk to GF. I’m thinking to myself about this young clerk, “poor guy”...I wonder if the store employees now wish they wouldn’t have had to say/do anything about it, even though they were just doing their job...

Last edited:
It didn’t look that way to me. Looked like he told him to put his hands on the steering wheel and GF was leaning to the right with his right hand out of sight and when he wouldn’t comply, the cop drew his gun.
That’s how it looked to me also. The officers were never confrontational. I believe Lane even twice assured GF he wasn’t going to shoot him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer