Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch Tuesday

Reaction score

Attachments

• joshua-tylee.jpg
    joshua-tylee.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
OFF TOPIC BUT IMPORTANT

There seems to be some confusion and concerns being expressed about Timeline posts not being linked in the Opening Posts.

Mods, Admins, Coordinators ... we've all had discussion about this over the last year and we just don't know why or when members started requesting WS staff to make all these additions and changes to the Opening Posts of new threads. We are a very limited staff and this is something members have historically done on their own that doesn't create any extra work for WS staff.

It is a very simple system that was set up years ago and has worked well in the past. We don't need to duplicate effort or reinvent the wheel here.

In each forum, i.e. "Located Persons Discussion", members will see at the top of the page, a sub forum called for example "Located Timeline and Media Links"

As you can see, any member can start an appropriately titled new timeline thread within such a forum and make or copy their Timeline posts and all subsequent revisions or updates into that thread. It can be titled something like Vallow & Daybell Media, Maps & Timeline (or just Vallow & Daybell Timeline thread if they want to keep it separate and apart from Media and Maps). If the thread gets titled Media, Maps and Timelines, all members have to do is use the search feature within that thread for the word Timeline. That's what these features are for.

When a member has created the Timeline thread, WS staff link it ONCE in the Opening Post and it never has to be changed again, regardless of whether it's 1 or 100 new discussion threads for any given case.

If there is any question about the above, please contact any Mod or Admin and we'll be glad to clarify.

If nobody else is going to do it for this case, when one of us gets time (not sure when that will be), we will set up the timeline thread for you in this case and copy all of Gardener1850's timeline posts into it. We will update the link in the Opening Post and it will never have to change after that.

Truly hope this clarifies.

Please add any I've forgotten.

(there are others like CV's sons who haven't played a part yet, and haven't been in the media)

AlC = Alex Cox (Lori’s brother, died 2019)
AdC = Adam Cox (Lori’s brother)
AnC = Annie Cushing (Joe Ryan’s sister)
AR = April Raymond (Lori’s friend)

BB = Brandon Boudreaux (ex-husband of MBP)
BC = Barry Cox (Lori’s father)
BD = Benjamin Douglas (Tammy Daybell’s brother)

CD = Chad Daybell
CP = Christopher Parrett (owner of AVOW, Another Voice of Warning)
CR = Colby Ryan (Lori’s son)
CV = Charles Vallow (died 2019)

DW = David Warwick (MG’s friend)

EM = Emma Murray (Chad and Tammy Daybell’s daughter, married to Joseph)

GB = Gabe Bonilla (CV's friend/witness/Bishop)
GD = Garth Daybell (Chad and Tammy’s son)

HD = Heather Daybell (MtD’s wife)
HS = Hector Sosa Jr. (author, creator of internet forum Pathway to Zion; PTZ)

IP = Ian Pawlowski (husband of MBP)

JC = Janis Cox (Lori’s mother)
JD = Jack Daybell (Chad’s father)
JG = Jason Gwilliam (Tammy Daybell’s sister-SG’s husband)
JJ or JV = Joshua Jaxson Vallow
JM = Jason Mow, aka Richard J Mow (ex-police, friend)
JoR or JR = Joseph Ryan aka Joe (Lori’s 3rd husband, died 2018)
JuR = Julie Rowe (Chad’s friend)

KR = Kelsee Ryan (CR’s wife)
KW = Kay Woodcock (JJ’s paternal grandmother)

LM = Leah Murphy (Chad and Tammy Daybell’s daughter, married to Adam)
LVD = Lori Vallow Daybell (nee Cox)
LW = Larry Woodcock (JJ’s grandfather, husband of Kay)

MBP = Melani Boudreaux Pawlowski (Lori’s niece, nee Cope. aka MB pre-marriage to IP)
MkD = Mark Daybell (Chad and Tammy’s son)
MwD = Matthew Douglas (Tammy Daybell’s brother)
MtD = Matt Daybell (Chad’s brother)
MiD = Michael Douglas (Tammy Daybell’s brother)
MG = Melanie Gibb (Lori’s friend)

NP = Natalie Pawlowski (ex-wife of IP)

PD = Paul Daybell (Chad’s brother)
PhD = Phyllis Douglas nee Cooper (Tammy Daybell’s mother)

RD = Ron(ald) Douglas (Tammy Daybell’s father)

SD = Seth Daybell (Chad and Tammy’s son)
SG = Samantha Gwilliam (Tammy Daybell’s sister, married to JG)
SLC = Stacey Lynne Cope (Lori’s sister, nee Cox, died 1998, mother of Melani; MBP)
SC = Steve Cope (MBP’s father, formerly married to SLC)
SD = Sheila Daybell (Chad’s mother)
SS = Summer Shiflet (Lori’s sister, nee Cox)

TD = Tammy (Tamara) Daybell nee Douglas (died 2019)
TR = Tylee Ryan

ZC = Zac Cox (AdC’s son)
ZP = Zulema Pastenes (AlC’s wife)

Hey everyone,

Mommacass has now been verified as a family member. We'll leave it to mommacass if they wish to share how they factor into the family relationships in this case.

As a verified member, mommacass does not have to provide links to the information they provide. You may ask mommacass questions but it is up to them whether they answer or not.

Please be respectful to them at all times and do not argue with them or badger them for information.

Which part?

The multiple small torches. Most people don't just leave them laying around the house and have multiple for general use. (not to say it can't or doesn't happen) Cops don't usually see multiple torches and say, "they must seal a lot of letters or they must really love crème brulee". They even said they assumed it would be drug related. Let's just say I have plenty of family/friends with issues so I'm beyond familiar with drugs and torches are usually for dabs, meth, crack, etc...Drug wise, dabbing would be the most likely but who knows and still caught me off guard due to the strict avoidance of drugs in LDS. Even if they were ZP's sons, you'd think it would be frowned upon and hidden. Maybe they were just for various projects and totally harmless, but it would definitely be a first for me and caught me off guard. Maybe I just know too many !#$%@ people. Hah!

Justin Lum
10 hours ago

Interesting nugget here. Officer notices blow torches in home of Zulema Pastenes, initially assuming Alex Cox’s medical incident could be drug related. But as Pastenes later told police, he did not use drugs or alcohol.

(25 second video clip at link)
https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1377425368437596161?s=21

The multiple small torches. Most people don't just leave them laying around the house and have multiple for general use. (not to say it can't or doesn't happen) Cops don't usually see multiple torches and say, "they must seal a lot of letters or they must really love crème brulee". They even said they assumed it would be drug related. Let's just say I have plenty of family/friends with issues so I'm beyond familiar with drugs and torches are usually for dabs, meth, crack, etc...Drug wise, dabbing would be the most likely but who knows and still caught me off guard due to the strict avoidance of drugs in LDS. Even if they were ZP's sons, you'd think it would be frowned upon and hidden. Maybe they were just for various projects and totally harmless, but it would definitely be a first for me and caught me off guard. Maybe I just know too many !#$%@ people. Hah!

True. I live in a very naive world, I guess...

I have to butt in here and mention that these "blow torches" are commonly referrd to as LIGHTERS. They have an extremely strong flame that does not get blown out by wind and are used for camping and many other common household reasons. They are sold at convenience stores right next to normal lighters. I've known many people who do not use drugs who use them, however, they usually have 1 or 2. Not multiple, so that's kinda weird.

Zulema says she saw him before going to work. Exactly where did she work or what did she do? Did she have a kiosk in the mall telling fortunes? (If this is not allowed please delete. I am not trying to dox anyone but I find it fascinating that one would need a paying job if they could control earthquakes and such.)

I presume they're talking about these little ones: https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Lighte...Assorted/dp/B0776NL57R/ref=asc_df_B0776NL57R/

They're not the same thing as regular cigarette lighters and Mr. Carbuff, who camps, says they don't work well for camping because they often break, run out of fuel very quickly, and often don't work after refilling. So people mostly just use them up and throw them out, apparently.

There are lots of uses for a small blowtorch but these don't seem to be made for any serious work or outdoor use, just quickie hits.

Looking at Amazon, they seem to be called torch lighters, blowtorch lighters, or just torches.

I have to butt in here and mention that these "blow torches" are commonly referrd to as LIGHTERS. They have an extremely strong flame that does not get blown out by wind and are used for camping and many other common household reasons. They are sold at convenience stores right next to normal lighters. I've known many people who do not use drugs who use them, however, they usually have 1 or 2. Not multiple, so that's kinda weird.

I agree. We don't know how many nor what size so I'm simply speculating. The butane torches/lighters at gas stations are typically much smaller (not much too much larger than a traditional lighter) and simply run on butane. Eagle is a big brand you'll see in gas stations.

When I hear the word "blowtorch", that is not where my mind goes personally. My mind goes to handheld torches that have a base and are larger (not throwing them in your pocket)

I will agree that they've become more common in recent years for all sorts of applications, especially the smaller lighter sized ones but in my experience, if a cop is saying the kind that people use for drugs, I would guess a dab torch which are larger than what you're typically finding at the gas station. (some sell larger ones). If it was just a butane torch/lighter, I don't think it would stand out to the cops so much as I'd agree they'd just call it a lighter. Just my opinion and maybe I need to find new family/friends. ha ha!!!

Gas stations also sell love roses in glass at the counter and it's not because they want to be part gas station part florist.

Last edited:
I presume they're talking about these little ones: https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Lighte...Assorted/dp/B0776NL57R/ref=asc_df_B0776NL57R/

They're not the same thing as regular cigarette lighters and Mr. Carbuff, who camps, says they don't work well for camping because they often break, run out of fuel very quickly, and often don't work after refilling. So people mostly just use them up and throw them out, apparently.

There are lots of uses for a small blowtorch but these don't seem to be made for any serious work or outdoor use, just quickie hits.

Looking at Amazon, they seem to be called torch lighters, blowtorch lighters, or just torches.

Yes, those are the cheap ones you'll typically see and they are junk. It's like comparing the cheap clear lighters to a BIC lighter. For dabbing, most the people I know usually have quality rigs or pipes as well as torches. Blazer is a pretty common brand among "enthusiasts" that can range from $30-$85. They're a more quality torch and much larger than the small ones at the gas station. You will run across some larger torches from time to time depending where you're at.

For meth & crack, usually anything goes

ZP’s son told the officer that his mom called him from work and said “Go check on him, he’s on the floor”.

If ZP was at work how did she know AC was on the floor?

JMO

I was wondering the same thing! Then I heard her telling the police officer that Alex was on the phone with a "friend" who he told he wasn't feeling well and that "friend" gave him a blessing over the phone and then that "friend" called ZP to tell her to check on him as he was feeling bad and on the floor.

I think we all know who that "friend" was!!! JMHO

Also, it wasn't my intention to get into a long conversation about lighters and torches because odds are, they're not relevant. It had just surprised me if it was drug paraphernalia given the LDS stuff. I was just answering @SleuthD-o-doubleg

It was an interesting point to bring up. I had wondered why the emergency responders had jumped to the conclusion drugs were involved with somebody reportedly so clean living, but if they saw these, it makes more sense.

I was wondering the same thing! Then I heard her telling the police officer that Alex was on the phone with a "friend" who he told he wasn't feeling well and that "friend" gave him a blessing over the phone and then that "friend" called ZP to tell her to check on him as he was feeling bad and on the floor.

I think we all know who that "friend" was!!! JMHO

New details released on what happened the day Alex Cox died - East Idaho News

"The day Cox died, he called a friend and received a priesthood “blessing” over the phone. EastIdahoNews.com can confirm from multiple sources this friend was Chad Daybell, who had married Cox’s sister, Lori Daybell, a month earlier."

What a friend. I feel like blessings are supposed to be for keeping people alive and healthy... but maybe it's the opposite in CD/LVD world.

New details released on what happened the day Alex Cox died - East Idaho News

"The day Cox died, he called a friend and received a priesthood “blessing” over the phone. EastIdahoNews.com can confirm from multiple sources this friend was Chad Daybell, who had married Cox’s sister, Lori Daybell, a month earlier."

What a friend. I feel like blessings are supposed to be for keeping people alive and healthy... but maybe it's the opposite in CD/LVD world.
Yikes, that alone should be a reason to reopen the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain