MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #7 - Chauvin Trial Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I love Schleicher's facial expressions when Nelson objects

ETA: I have a slight feelign that Nelson is trying to stall a little to avoid the next witness being called today. He was quick to interject when state said they should be able to get the next one in.

State just brought home the point about witnesses bringing up the need for the medical assistance!!!

Nelson should have just stopped earlier. State got even better points in on both redirects!!

Please Mr Nelson can you not again
Now he's saying, rendering medical assistance may come into play while busses or cars are passing, or a crowd is yelling at them.

No matter how hard he tries, it's not going to work. They didn't have any problem engaging the crowd when they said, "This is what happens when you do drugs," or asking the firefighter, "Are you really a firefighter?" and "Don't do drugs, kids!" So I don't see why they would have had trouble noticing that Floyd wasn't breathing anymore.

@StribJany
Court has adjourned for the day. MPD insiders say that department officials, including Chief Arradondo and Lt. Rick Zimmerman, the head of Homicide, may be called to the witness stand tomorrow

I haven't been able to catch up on the comments here but watched most of the testimony today. If the jury is feeling anything like I am they are bored, yawning and wonder why the same questions are being asked over and over and over again. I find the prosecutors questioning with the first responders as horribly repetitive. Essentially you are getting the exact same answers to the exact same questions from each of these witnesses. Some of the details are so minor I was expecting them to ask what side of the bed they got up from that morning. Much of it IMHO was completely unnecessary.

I don’t see his point right now to his questions!!

IMO, Nelson is trying to bring up multiple possible reasons to lessen Chauvin's culpability for Floyd's ultimate demise, and plant seeds of 'reasonable doubt' for the jury.

Like it or not, I think that Mr Nelson is doing a good job for his client so far. Having access to a competent defense is an important cornerstone of a fair justice system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam