Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
New details released on what happened the day Alex Cox died - East Idaho News

"The day Cox died, he called a friend and received a priesthood “blessing” over the phone. EastIdahoNews.com can confirm from multiple sources this friend was Chad Daybell, who had married Cox’s sister, Lori Daybell, a month earlier."

What a friend. I feel like blessings are supposed to be for keeping people alive and healthy... but maybe it's the opposite in CD/LVD world.

Looks like some cell phone data is leaking.

My thoughts on the blow torches. Zulema had a history of drug use in which she pled guilty to the charges back in the late 90's. It wouldn't surprise me if she was still involved and quite possibly what they found at the her home may be the reason for her Use Immunity.

My thoughts on the blow torches. Zulema had a history of drug use in which she pled guilty to the charges back in the late 90's. It wouldn't surprise me if she was still involved and quite possibly what they found at the her home may be the reason for her Use Immunity.

It's on record as to what type of drug that was also.

ETA- ZP is a POI, correct? I just want to make sure I'm correct. If not, can a mod please delete me

Last edited:
Didn't use immunity only pertain to the children's case, meaning that she won't be charged in exchange for her testimony?

New details released on what happened the day Alex Cox died - East Idaho News

"The day Cox died, he called a friend and received a priesthood “blessing” over the phone. EastIdahoNews.com can confirm from multiple sources this friend was Chad Daybell, who had married Cox’s sister, Lori Daybell, a month earlier."

What a friend. I feel like blessings are supposed to be for keeping people alive and healthy... but maybe it's the opposite in CD/LVD world.

The following is my opinion only.

Wow. I feel like this is telling. This could indicate that AC knew that he was going to die. Like many, I speculate that the cause of death for AC will end up mirroring the cause of death for TD (if something other than natural causes is determined). If TD were poisoned, it would make sense for AC to “take one for the team” and ingest whatever remained of the poison to dispose of evidence, especially the day after TD’s exhumation.

Again, that all is my opinion only.

Wow. I feel like this is telling. This could indicate that AC knew that he was going to die. Like many, I speculate that the cause of death for AC will end up mirroring the cause of death for TD (if something other than natural causes is determined). If TD were poisoned, it would make sense for AC to “take one for the team” and ingest whatever remained of the poison to dispose of evidence, especially the day after TD’s exhumation.

I've been thinking something similar. Obviously Chad and Lori knew that there was a possibility that the children would be found. MG has stated that AC was totally devoted to Lori and he was "all in" on Chad/Lori's teachings. What if they convinced Alex to martyr himself?

I have to butt in here and mention that these "blow torches" are commonly referrd to as LIGHTERS. They have an extremely strong flame that does not get blown out by wind and are used for camping and many other common household reasons. They are sold at convenience stores right next to normal lighters. I've known many people who do not use drugs who use them, however, they usually have 1 or 2. Not multiple, so that's kinda weird.

Seems odd to call something like that a blow torch. Urban Dictionary doesn’t provide us with enlightenment, alas. And I never again want to check that out, just saying.

Last edited:

I thought he died of bilateral pulmonary embolism (something I’ve had and, with excellent medical,intervention, survived, so I recognize AC’s advancing symptoms as absolutely correct). His sedentary lifestyle (all that driving) was a major contributing factor. It’s seductive (oh, hi Lori) to imagine foul play in his death, but PE is PE. Left untreated, it will kill you pretty much as it apparently killed AC. The “priesthood blessing” from CD is creepy, but probably coincidental.

I thought he died of bilateral pulmonary embolism (something I’ve had and, with excellent medical,intervention, survived, so I recognize AC’s advancing symptoms as absolutely correct). His sedentary lifestyle (all that driving) was a major contributing factor. It’s seductive (oh, hi Lori) to imagine foul play in his death, but PE is PE. Left untreated, it will kill you pretty much as it apparently killed AC. The “priesthood blessing” from CD is creepy, but probably coincidental.

You are correct, the official ME report lists CoD as bilateral PE and tox screen was reported as largely negative. He did have naloxone (Narcan) in his system which likely means that they considered drugs as a factor at the scene and tried to revive him with Narcan. (Link to the ME report -> READ: The medical examiner and toxicology reports on Alex Cox - East Idaho News).

Certainly agree that the "priesthood blessing" is creepy/suspicious, and I wonder if he was encouraged not to seek medical attention by his "friend(s)".

I dunno. I lived in Utah for a few years, and the priestly blessing sounds like normal operating procedure for Mormon elders. It's the equivalent of "thoughts and prayers" when you can't actually do anything to help, and Chad was hundreds of miles away at the time, right?

Seems odd to call something like that a blow torch. Urban Dictionary doesn’t provide us with enlightenment, alas. And I never again want to check that out, just saying.

LOL, yeah, Urban Dictionary has two modes: "Obscene and repulsive" and "nonsensical transparent definitions for personal names, which people make up to impress the holders of said personal names with the idea that they love them so much they have entered them into the 'dictionary' ", i.e. ""Lila" is the name of a goddess with black hair, brown eyes, and a cute giggle that shivs me in the heart", etc.

ETA: I'd trust the boots-on-the-ground officer who thinks the blowtorches in question were for drugs, before I'd go to the "used for cooking" option myself. At first from the wording, I thought EIN or Justin Lum was editorializing/sensationalizing them as meth torches; but I should think the responding officers have seen a lot of drug torches in their time on the streets.

Last edited:
Well I gotta say I am a bit relieved to know there was most likely drug paraphernalia in Zulema's abode.
Because the hard reality that she is STONE COLD SOBER capable of making earthquakes was freaking me out ALOT.:Do_O.....

Moo

Gas stations also sell love roses in glass at the counter and it's not because they want to be part gas station part florist.

RSBM.

You know, over the years I've wondered about the odd whimsies one can find at gas stations here and there, but this comment got me to Google it for the first time.

OMG. :eek: I had absolutely. no. idea. The things you learn on this website! :D

<snipped>
Gas stations also sell love roses in glass at the counter and it's not because they want to be part gas station part florist.

I wasn't sure what they were, either. I saw them at a counter, and I'm a sucker for flowers in glass. Plus they were cheap, and it was a privately owned station, so I thought I'd get a yellow rose just add a buck to my purchase.

I took it home and got to looking at it and thought "what in the heck is this thing?" I showed it to my brother and he said it was a meth pipe, so I wrapped it in paper and smashed it with a hammer. I didn't know they were called 'love roses' to even google it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53