Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume from this ,that the Police, at the moment ,have not been able to trace any evidence to show Richard leaving the area.

The continued search in the woods today does suggest that, yeah.
3 days searching the woods and no more intel to suggest he went somewhere else.
Although different in many ways, this reminds me of how Leah Croucher just 'disappeared' without a trace, but IMO there are people who 'know'.

JMO

Last edited:
I imagine once the police decide to search a forest, they have to do it using an organised grid system, making sure they've searched every square foot, otherwise, if a body is later found (by a dog walker, for example) they're accused of doing a shoddy, half-hearted job. Having said that though, there must surely be more 'obvious' areas to seach to start with, rather than just starting at one end and working their way through the whole lot.

The continued search in the woods today does suggest that, yeah.
3 days searching the woods and no more intel to suggest he went somewhere else.
Although different in other ways, this reminds me of how Leah Croucher just 'disappeared' without a trace, but IMO there are people who 'know' things.

JMO

Leah received and still receives very little national publicity.

I do wonder if Sarah Everard had been abducted from a side street somewhere without passing traffic and cctv from buses and cars whether she would still be missing and searches concentrated on local commons and open spaces.

I'm trying to pin him down, going along Nursey Road he'd hit a home camera before Little Dragons, going down Connaught Avenue only leads back down towards the A121 and it looks to have plenty of cams. You could walk along Staples Road and unless the Primary School has something looking out of the reception to the road, you could make it to the Staples Road/York Hill junction from there. The pub that caught him at the back appears to have cameras on the front on Forest Road also so you couldn't just do a loop..

We know that he arrived in Epping at 00.39. We know he boarded a bus at 8.44 in Ladbroke Grove.

If he took the bus to the Paddington/ Edgware Road area (roughly 15-20 mins), the journey time from there to Smarts Lane, Epping is estimated at 1hr15mins max. For the sake of argument, let's allow for traffic, any possible roadworks, slow driver... and call it 2hrs. That still leaves at least 1hr30mins unaccounted for. What was he doing in that time? Where was he? Did he meet someone? That time frame I think possibly holds many clues.

I also wonder from where and by who the cab was booked. By him, or by someone booking it for him? And why take a cab when he could have got on a tube and taken Central Line from Marble Arch direct? Was it because he wanted remain under the radar and knew he would be picked up on the station cameras?

So many questions. I am sure the police have more information they are not revealing at this stage that may well join up more of the dots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210403-200049_Maps-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210403-200049_Maps-01.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
From the Staples Road/York Hill junction - Down York Hill the pub before the A121 looks to have cameras. I can see a home camera down Queens Road.

If you go up York Hill you can make it to Forest Way. If you carry on York Hill I can see a home camera that would pick you up before the York Hill/King's Hill junction. Going along Woodbury Hill you could get to the York Hill/Baldwin's Hill junction, but there is a home cam along Baldwin's Hill and on St John's road.

Obviously this relies on all the camera's working, but as soon as I found one I stopped - So could be more. If this was accurate the only way using roads/obvious alleys in/out is through the forest or Earl's Path without being picked up.

It would be interesting to know if any clandestine parties occurred in the area RO was last seen.
Could imagine (or hope) that RO did not wear a jacket or bring things with him so he could party unhindered.
Did he go to a party feel great for awhile, then feeling tired or unwell, found a discreet little spot to lie down?
What if he did visit with someone and he became very sick, possibly scaring his host/ess into silence and concealment?
speculation, imo.

And why take a cab when he could have got on a tube and taken Central Line from Marble Arch direct?

One possibility is because he was shielding - clinically exceptionally vulnerable to covid. IMO it would be a reasonable assessment to conclude that being exposed to one person (even though for a long time) in a vehicle whose windows can be opened, is preferable to being in the enclosed Underground with other passengers also for a considerable time (over 45 mins)

(Edited to correct typos)

Yes, dotr, I am thinking that maybe he met someone for a private party. He maybe even left perfectly reasonably. Wonder if there were any uber pickups from the tavern within the next few hours. Perhaps a ‘crisis’ happened elsewhere but the Loughton host is too afraid to come forward.

I wonder if his actual home and garden have been searched fully - not implicating the family here at all - just whether he came back or nearly made it back etc.

(Sounding a bit far-fetched, even to me on the final paragraph).

Interestingly The Robin Hood Thai along Earl's Path appears to have CCTV. There really is no way out of this area he's gone on foot using roads or in a vehicle where you are not going to get picked up that I can see.

This is out there - But if we go down the route he wants to completely disappear with/without the help of others. Junction 26 on the M25 is only across Epping Forest. He could cross the forest and get in a vehicle around the Dowling Way/Honey Lane area that then joins the M25 and he's away.

And why take a cab when he could have got on a tube and taken Central Line from Marble Arch direct?

One possibility is because he was shielding - clinically exceptionally vulnerable to covid. IMO it would be a reasonable assessment to conclude that being exposed to one person (even though for a long time) in a vehicle whose windows can be opened, is preferable to being in the enclosed Underground with other passengers also for a considerable time (over 45 mins)

Yes, dotr, I am thinking that maybe he met someone for a private party. He maybe even left perfectly reasonably. Wonder if there were any uber pickups from the tavern within the next few hours. Perhaps a ‘crisis’ happened elsewhere but the Loughton host is too afraid to come forward.

I wonder if his actual home and garden have been searched fully - not implicating the family here at all - just whether he came back or nearly made it back etc.

(Sounding a bit far-fetched, even to me on the final paragraph).

This is what doesn't make sense.

If he was going to a party (like I'd thought also) why take care to 'shield' by taking a taxi. After all there's little to no social distancing at parties.

Also taking a taxi for shielding and wearing a mask doesn't suggest suicide either.

I think he went under the radar on purpose, away from CCTV, (buses, tubes etc) he had a second phone which was on when he left the cab and I think was meeting someone in Loughton, possibly thinking he'd be back home soon.
I do think he may have fallen victim to someone or a group who may be exploiting him in some way.

It's quite a trip to take, surely if he was going straight back to London after only needing to be in Loughton for a few minutes or so, the taxi would have waited for him - but as far as we know he paid for 1 way only.
JMO

Last edited:

Take your point... but doesn't feel right, for me, but stand to be corrected. And still doesn't explain what the urgency about getting to Loughton was...

If he took the bus to the Paddington/ Edgware Road area (roughly 15-20 mins), the journey time from there to Smarts Lane, Epping is estimated at 1hr15mins max. For the sake of argument, let's allow for traffic, any possible roadworks, slow driver... and call it 2hrs.
Would have been 45-50 minutes to Epping from Paddington area at that time of night

Personally I still lean towards a voluntary disappearance although I respect his parents gut instinct of meeting up with someone. It's just a very odd place and time to meet someone. I'm sort of surprised he hasn't been found yet, considering the search effort. RO arrived at the forest at night when visibility was bad and it was 3 degrees Celsius outside, wearing no jacket, so realistically how far could he continue with his condition, without having to stop walking.

This post is about me and my personal past experiences and not RO.
Back in my younger, carefree hay day I’d get the cab to my mates regularly because I wouldn’t want to bump into random stop and searchers on the tube who could smell what was in my pocket (lol). Cost me ten times the amount, stupidly, but I preferred the peace of mind. I’d probably be similarly wary of thieves on the underground if carrying a lot of money.
Just showing that there are definitely reasons to take a cab journey.
Fingers crossed he is at someone’s house and will make contact soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member