Found Safe TX - Brianna Morgan Gilbert, 22, went missing during shift break, Amarillo, 30 Mar 2021

it’s true. The SO has been a nightmare with helping investigators.

brianna suffers from a form of autism that creates a sort of social delay. And she makes very child like decisions. For her to do this on her own accord is hard to believe. She could have been manipulated by another person with bad intentions to go with them to “start a new life”but i don’t think she would have planned and done it by herself. I could be wrong, she is an adult now. But just from a pattern we’ve seen, she’s very dependent on our mother and her gf and struggles with making even small decisions by herself.

@UnapologeticallyAspie , pardon me for hailing you. With Taylorbgilbert's description of her sister, I wondered if you had any insight for us?

jmho ymmv lrr

@UnapologeticallyAspie , pardon me for hailing you. With Taylorbgilbert's description of her sister, I wondered if you had any insight for us?

jmho ymmv lrr
Thanks for thinking of me. :)

I’m not sure if I can give you insight in regards to her specifically, but for me when I was 22, I was probably had a mental/emotional age of 15-16 y/o. And at that age I, too, was leaning heavily upon my parents, although I lived on my own at her age. But even when I around her age, my neighbor, a woman about 20 years older than me, fully took advantage of me, BIG TIME, financially and in other ways that I’d rather not talk about.
I did not fully mature until I was in my mid-late 30s. As far as the manipulation goes, absofreakinglutely, at least for me! And that didn’t change until my 40s, and only after I met a “street smarts guy”(my husband). If it wasn’t for my husband I think that I would still be the naïve person that I once was. I mean to be honest I’m still naïve, or rather, I have a very hard time seeing people as “bad“. I have a few other autistic friends and they too are like me. And most autistic people, get taken advantage of, even as adults. MOO.
A LOT of us ASDers struggle with executive function/dysfunction, as well as ADHDers. And a part of that is ”poor planning”, amongst other things. MOO.
I hope that helps answer some of your questions. :)

Also, just as a side note, I’m young at heart. I will forever be this way. My husband says that I’m just a big kid, and he’s right. But in public I mask as much of my autism as possible, and look like a 40-something neurotypical (non-autistic) woman.

it’s true. The SO has been a nightmare with helping investigators.

brianna suffers from a form of autism that creates a sort of social delay. And she makes very child like decisions. For her to do this on her own accord is hard to believe. She could have been manipulated by another person with bad intentions to go with them to “start a new life”but i don’t think she would have planned and done it by herself. I could be wrong, she is an adult now. But just from a pattern we’ve seen, she’s very dependent on our mother and her gf and struggles with making even small decisions by herself.
@Taylorbgilbert I am so glad you got verified so quickly so that we can try our best to help you. Thank you to the mods and admin for making that happen.

I wanted to follow up on the link for endangered missing. After looking closer at the endangered missing criteria I’m not sure if she would qualify, but only because it wasn’t requested within 72 hours possibly. It might be worth asking about.

Endangered Missing Persons Alert – Texas Center for the Missing

I’m not sure if I can give you insight in regards to her specifically, but for me when I was 22, I was probably had a mental/emotional age of 15-16 y/o. And at that age I, too, was leaning heavily upon my parents, although I lived on my own at her age. But even when I around her age, my neighbor, a woman about 20 years older than me, fully took advantage of me, BIG TIME, financially and in other ways that I’d rather not talk about.
I did not fully mature until I was in my mid-late 30s. As far as the manipulation goes, absofreakinglutely, at least for me! And that didn’t change until my 40s, and only after I met a “street smarts guy”(my husband). If it wasn’t for my husband I think that I would still be the naïve person that I once was. I mean to be honest I’m still naïve, or rather, I have a very hard time seeing people as “bad“. I have a few other autistic friends and they too are like me. And most autistic people, get taken advantage of, even as adults. MOO.
A LOT of us ASDers struggle with executive function/dysfunction, as well as ADHDers. And a part of that is ”poor planning”, amongst other things. MOO.

Also, just as a side note, I’m young at heart. I will forever be this way. My husband says that I’m just a big kid, and he’s right. But in public I mask as much of my autism as possible, and look like a 40-something neurotypical (non-autistic) woman.

Takes a village, y'know. Genealogy or Sunday School -- call me for those.

Brianna, call your family, please!

jmho ymmv lrr

I wonder if the gf wanted to end the relationship or made one of the people she was cheating with believe that she did.
Could someone have showed up at Brianna's work saying there was an emergency at home to lure her away?
MOO

I wonder if the gf wanted to end the relationship or made one of the people she was cheating with believe that she did.
Could someone have showed up at Brianna's work saying there was an emergency at home to lure her away?
MOO

I tend to think no about the emergency. I feel like Brianna would have said something to a coworker, manager. Even a quick text to let someone know where she was going. Speculation only.

re: what the cameras might have picked up

Many cameras, even newer ones, aren't that good. They might show people moving in the parking lot but not be clear enough to identify faces or clothing. Just human-shaped shadows moving around. Especially at the end of their range.

thank you for your insight! Bri is exactly the same way. She is just younger at heart.

She has been manipulated by this SO for years. She uses Bri to take care of bills, the children, everything. She hasn’t been helpful with the investigation at all and I have a feeling she has a lot to hide.

@Taylorbgilbert , Thank you for getting verified. Have you heard any updates from police?

No updates yet. Of course they took the weekend off for the holidays but urged us to continue to hound the news stations to keep it on air and to exhaust all of our options on social media and the internet.

thank you for your insight! Bri is exactly the same way. She is just younger at heart.

She has been manipulated by this SO for years. She uses Bri to take care of bills, the children, everything. She hasn’t been helpful with the investigation at all and I have a feeling she has a lot to hide.
I am so sorry to hear this, but I am not surprised. I hope/imagine the investigators have taken notice of this as well. If not, please take notes and communicate that to them. You never know what might be helpful.

Please let us know what we can do for you and your family. ((((Hugs))))

That is heartbreaking! But I suspected as much with the dog and pony show with the media. Children should never be used like that. And the little one should have been completely shielded. :(

No updates yet. Of course they took the weekend off for the holidays but urged us to continue to hound the news stations to keep it on air and to exhaust all of our options on social media and the internet.

Dear @Taylorbgilbert,

Thank you for being here. My heart is with you and your family during this distressing situation.

The post by @MimosaMornings, includes an excellent suggestion:

@Taylorbgilbert

You might consider contacting Texas EquuSearch. They are based in Dickinson.

Report a Person Missing

Also, has a search party been organized by either the law enforcement or the local community?

It would be ideal if the police would use a scent dog for tracking - beginning in the parking lot.

You could ask the investigators about this when you are next in touch with them to see what they say about taking a scent dog to the company's parking lot. Just an idea.

In the meantime I will send tweets out to reporters in that area to ask for updates. I'll also ask about search parties.

Stay strong and positive. We are all thinking of you and your sister.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back