Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm absolutely gutted! I understand that ID has yet TBC, but (JMO) LE wouldn't have released to the media without good reason to believe it's Richard. This is so sad, my heart is breaking and my thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family.

Last edited:
If it's him, I wonder how long it'll take the police to determine if it was suicide or murder. Eitherway, it's awful. If it was murder, it'll be dreadful.
And if it's not him, it'll be someone else. Heartbreaking.....

Normally the coroner would have an idea by tomorrow. Unless the situation is very very strange (i.e Sarah Everard).

If it's him, I wonder how long it'll take the police to determine whether it was suicide or murder.
Eitherway, it's awful. If it was murder, it'll be dreadful.
And if it's not him, it'll be someone else. Heartbreaking.....
Police quite often can’t confirm a suicide, the most they can do is confirm there is no evidence of anything suspicious.

It will be interesting to find out which pond he was found in to see whether the myth of the suicide pond was the reason he chose this location. I suspect this is the reason he chose this spot and that it was decided that day, with alcohol and over the counter drugs likely playing a part, as people have mentioned earlier on the thread, drowning yourself in a pond is not easy to do (unless he cannot swim).

You always wish in all these cases you were there to stop them but suicide doesn’t necessarily look abnormal beforehand.

It will be interesting to find out which pond he was found in to see whether the myth of the suicide pond was the reason he chose this location. I suspect this is the reason he chose this spot and that it was decided that day, with alcohol and over the counter drugs likely playing a part, as people have mentioned earlier on the thread, drowning yourself in a pond is not easy to do (unless he cannot swim).

You always wish in all these cases you were there to stop them but suicide doesn’t necessarily look abnormal beforehand.

It's Wake Valley Pond, just judging by the descriptions and Tweets I've seen. It's miles away from the "suicide pond."

Probably sounds silly if you know the answer but serious question, how would you drown yourself in a pond? Would possibly have to take some kind of medication to make yourself unconscious? I’ve heard of people walking into the sea which makes sense but a pond I can’t really get my head around.

Sadly I honestly think he was just heading to the forest to end his life.
I pray not, and the logic doesn't serve this. Along the route from smarts lane (which is more than 45mins by foot), there are a couple of other ponds which are much closer to where he got out of the taxi. And that's 1 heck of a journey to take to do something like that, plenty of time to have second thoughts and talk yourself out of it. That journey is only 7 minutes by car though, he could have just taken the taxi closer.

ADMIN NOTE:

Please remember there is no official identification of this individual who has been found deceased.

We deal in facts. While it may very well be Richard, the decedent could be anyone. Please keep this in mind going forward until there is an official confirmation as to the identity of this poor deceased person.

If this turns out to be Richard it may have been an area he found online but as mentioned above there are questions about the location of the pond. It’s hard to imagine him meeting somebody in the forest and coming to harm, the other option is that the body found was dumped.

A good 2 mile or so walk from the taxi drop off along the road to lake valley which I assume is the only way at night to navigate to the lake without getting stuck.

But, who’s to say he wasn’t hit by a car along Epping new road? And dumped into the lake? It runs parallel to the road.

I’m assuming he has no phone battery at this point, he’s been out all day, battery possibly flat by this time. He perhaps at this point is disoriented, perhaps he tried to flag a car down in the middle of the woods, at night, with his dark clothes? I mean this is just one wild theory, but I’m not calling this suicide right now nor should anyone really. We need facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10