CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pressure is on, and I just hope he doesn't do something stupid like hurting those poor kids.
That is also my concern, in addition to up and moving back to the Philippines with them. I wonder if the family source claiming to hear LM trying to hire a hitman is on his side and that finally, someone is doing something to help.

^^rsbm

The DA can request but does not issue a search warrant -- this is done by a Judge after hearing/viewing witness sworn testimony and/or affidavits containing the facts that establish the grounds for the application or of the “probable cause” for believing that they exist.

Reportedly, MM was reported missing to LE on Jan 10, and a search warrant executed at the residence on January 23.

CVPD provided there no were incidents reported from this location prior to the missing person call.

https://www.chulavistaca.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=21101

I do know that a judge issues the search warrant, that was what I meant- surely the information we're just becoming privy to would have given enough cause to execute a search warrant if requested by the DA and cvpd. Just because there were no prior incidents doesn't mean this particular incident didn't/wouldn't warrant one.

Additionally, LM's recent wall repairs, a freezer being removed (big enough to hold a small person), and not wanting to report her missing, make me suspicious...if we're suspicious, it stands to reason that the professionals were also suspicious at the time, which again, leads me to question the delay in a search warrant and what could have transpired if this had happened sooner.

There's so much about Maya's disappearance that doesn't make sense. The circumstances were already suspicious on the 9th, let alone the 10th, plus all the new information being made public. I'm sad that a lot of potential evidence may have been lost, both in the days since she went missing and the 13 days it took to get a search warrant.

Last edited:
Thanks for this, @Seattle1 and @swedeheart.

“We want to stress the importance of sharing any information about May’s disappearance directly with the Chula Vista Police Department. The sharing of information on social media or through media outlets instead of the police department leads to misinformation and complicates the investigation.”

https://www.chulavistaca.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=22498

I wonder if this answers my prior question of did Billy Little have the ok of the CVPD in going to the media with his walk-through observations. Maybe not, and they weren’t too happy about it?

I think that police might also be reacting to what's being billed as anonymous persons or sources giving "exclusive reports" to Fox News including that they are not as outspoken because they are afraid of LM. I think the emphasis here by CVPD is to report all tips to LE.

I don't recall if Confirming Crimestoppers taking anonymous tips for this missing person investigation. or not. MOO

A member of Maya's family, who wishes to remain anonymous, told Fox News exclusively about a disturbing statement she dropped on her loved ones during that vacation, warning, "If anything happened to me, it would be Larry."

[..]

Family members also told Fox News they're not as outspoken as they'd like to be as they're also afraid of Larry.

California missing mother told family it was husband if 'anything' happens

Larry Millete “seemed pretty serious” about ordering a hit on Maya’s supposed boyfriend before she disappeared in January from their Chula Vista home, a source told Fox News.

Missing California mom Maya Millete's husband targeted lover: report

Detectives have released few details about their investigation to the public as to not compromise what they've learned so far, but they say even the smallest clues could lead to a break in the case so they will keep working.

Kennedy urged the public to share any tips directly with the Chula Vista Police Department at 619-691-5151 or through San Diego County Crime Stoppers at 888-580-8477. Tips shared elsewhere "leads to misinformation and complicates the investigation," she said.

3 Months Later, Police Not Giving Up On Investigation Into Chula Vista Mom's Disappearance

California missing woman's husband planned murder-for-hire scheme targeting alleged boyfriend: witness

Published 1 hour ago
Last Update 24 mins ago

EXCLUSIVE: The plot in the desperate search to find a missing California mother of three just thickened.

A source tells Fox News that Maya Millete's husband suspected her of having a boyfriend -- and that's where the accusations against Larry Millete take an even darker turn.

The witness who heard the conversations firsthand told Fox News exclusively that Larry Millete frequently discussed paying someone $20,000 to kill his missing wife's alleged boyfriend.

Larry Millete "seemed pretty serious," the witness said, about the alleged murder-for-hire plot.

He allegedly started concocting the plan last summer, when he first suspected his wife was seeing someone else, but mentioned it as recently as Jan. 4, just a few days before Maya went missing.
Oh WOW !!!
I was just getting caught up in last thread about the PI/attorney who went through the house and was thinking ....it wont be long now.
And then.. whoosh.. I came over here to new thread and see this news article.
Just WOW
Praying justice for Maya will be soon !!!
How sad though, for her children.
I pray those kiddos are safe.... I have been so worried about them being with LM as he seems like a loose cannon and I sure don't want to see another Josh Powell tragedy.

I just hate when this happens.. .these innocent little ones are put in the middle of these situations and end up losing both their parents.
UGH

California missing woman's husband planned murder-for-hire scheme targeting alleged boyfriend: witness

April 5, 2021

The witnesses talked to Fox News on the condition of anonymity because they fear for their safety.

A Chula Vista Police Department spokesperson said they are aware of the alleged murder-for-hire plot and are investigating it along with other leads in the case.

** The alleged boyfriend could not be reached for comment.

Larry and Maya Millete allegedly had marital problems for at least a year before her disappearance on Jan. 7, which is the same day that she scheduled an appointment with a divorce lawyer for the following week.

** ETA: It seems that Fox News has already identified the alleged boyfriend of MM to report that he could not be reached for comment. MOO

I do know that a judge issues the search warrant, that was what I meant- surely the information we're just becoming privy to would have given enough cause to execute a search warrant if requested by the DA and cvpd. Just because there were no prior incidents doesn't mean this particular incident didn't/wouldn't warrant one.

Additionally, LM's recent wall repairs, a freezer being removed (big enough to hold a small person), and not wanting to report her missing, make me suspicious...if we're suspicious, it stands to reason that the professionals were also suspicious at the time, which again, leads me to question the delay in a search warrant and what could have transpired if this had happened sooner.

There's so much about Maya's disappearance that doesn't make sense. The circumstances were already suspicious on the 9th, let alone the 10th, plus all the new information being made public. I'm sad that a lot of potential evidence may have been lost, both in the days since she went missing and the 13 days it took to get a search warrant.
Respectfully, suspicion does not equate to probable cause just as promising to exchange a freezer with another family member in advance of an adult going missing.

More important is we don't have the details behind LE's investigation-- for a good reason! Given that a search warrant is valid for 10 days, we also don't know what date it was issued. We do know that it was executed after business/daytime hours which is telling in itself.

ETA: Add link
CALCRIM No. 441. Solicitation: Elements (Pen. Code, § 653f)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just days into the investigation and when LM giving interviews, I recall LM stating NCIS had been to the residence. This is what gives me pause on Mr. Little's version. MOO

(Reportedly, Little conducted his "walk-through" of the family residence on Monday - just a day after the family reported MM missing).
We had heard about family hiring a PI but I did not realize they did so quickly.... just a day after family reported her missing?? That is FAST.

I am glad PI/attorney was there that fast though to look through the home and garage, etc.

I feel Maya's family are discouraged and with all this news now coming out, they are hoping to put the pressure on... either LE or LM.
(Of course, we all know it can take a very long time for LE to get their ducks in row while we all patiently wait, but I am sure families are just feeling anxious and impatient )

I do worry about those kiddos being with LM though and if he is feeling pressured, on top of the crazy things he said to family and the creepy as he!! photos like the shrine... well, this all concerns me for the safety of those little ones.

April 5, 2021

A source tells Fox News that Maya Millete's husband suspected her of having a boyfriend -- and that's where the accusations against Larry Millete take an even darker turn.

The witness who heard the conversations firsthand told Fox News exclusively that Larry Millete frequently discussed paying someone $20,000 to kill his missing wife's alleged boyfriend.

[..]

One of Maya Millete's family members said Larry Millete made threatening comments about the alleged boyfriend last summer, saying, "I want to do something to that fool."

CA Penal Code 187 – Murder -- is included in California crimes that are covered under Penal Code 653f, soliciting someone to commit a crime.

However, take note it's not enough to say you "want to do something to a fool" or openly discuss your desire to pay somebody to "off" the suspected paramour of your spouse, for the allegation to be a crime or a prosecutable offense.

DEFINITION OF PENAL CODE 653F SOLICITING SOMEONE TO COMMIT A CRIME
California Penal Code Section 653f, defines solicitation to commit a crime is as:

Anyone who solicits another person to accept, bribe, commit carjacking, robbery, burglary, grand theft, receiving stolen property, extortion, perjury, kidnapping, arson or assault with a deadly weapon, or anything that can cause great bodily injury, or, uses threats or force to prevent someone from becoming a witness from testifying.

In order to be found guilty of PC 653f, the prosecutor has to be able to prove all the elements of the crime listed under CALCRIM 441 Jury Instructions.

These factors include that you requested another person to commit a crime with intent that the crime was to be committed, and the other person received your communication.

CALCRIM No. 441. Solicitation: Elements (Pen. Code, § 653f)

Solicitation to Commit a Crime | California Penal Code 653f

If there's any truth to the creepy photo in msm, of the blood-spattered shrine --- those little children need to be taken and placed into foster care for their own safety.
Asap.

California missing mother told family it was husband if 'anything' happens, FOX News Digital exclusive
An interesting choice of words on Fox's part at the end of the video: " ...Larry has not responded to Fox inquiries about the whereabouts and welfare of his wife..."
Really putting some light pressure on LM, there.
Not just Fox saying something like
" Would you be willing to talk with us ?" .

I doubt LM would allow them to be cared for by Maya's family, so a foster home could save their lives.
MOO

Last edited:
Missing Chula Vista Mom: Search Warrant Served At Maya Millete's Home

Jan 24, 2021

“Today, the Chula Vista Police Department continued our efforts into locating May Millete by serving a search warrant at her residence on Paseo Los Gatos in Chula Vista. The goal of the warrant was to obtain any evidence and clues to her current whereabouts,” the agency announced in a news release. “The Millete family has been and continues to be cooperative, and our investigation is ongoing.”

Neighbors told FOX 5 the search lasted hours, into the early morning Sunday. They reported seeing K-9s and photos showed several white vans outside the home.

Search Continues for Missing Chula Vista Wife, Mother |

Jan 28, 2021

Maya “May” Millete was last seen at her home she shares with her husband and three young children aged 4, 9, and 11. Millete is a civilian Navy employee and has been married to her husband, Larry, for 21 years.

Her relatives became concerned on January 7th when she did not respond to phone text messages in a group chat. Larry Millette said he thought she had locked herself in their bedroom after the couple had argued and he thought she was cooling off.

But Millette was not in her room or anywhere in the home. Mr. Millette later said he thought she went out for a walk to blow off steam, and he said she had previously left overnight after they had arguments.

Millete’s 4-door Jeep Wrangler was still at home, but her cell phone was missing. No calls have been made on her phone and none of her credit cards have been used.

The following day, Millette missed her daughter’s birthday. She was reported missing on January 10th.

Millette did not report to work on January 11th and had not logged in to the office computer system.

[..]

On January 23rd, Chula Vista Police executed a search warrant at the Millette home using police dogs and forensic lights for nearly seven hours. Officers searched the home, garage, and yard for clues but will not comment on their investigation. Her husband continues to cooperate with police.

[..]

A Facebook page called ‘Help Find May‘ was created to share pictures of her and search information.

Anyone with information in encouraged to contact Chula Vista Police at 619-691-5151.

If there's any truth to the creepy photo in msm, of the blood-spattered shrine --- those little children need to be taken and placed into foster care for their own safety.
Asap.

California missing mother told family it was husband if 'anything' happens, FOX News Digital exclusive
An interesting choice of words on Fox's part at the end of the video: " ...Larry has not responded to Fox inquiries about the whereabouts and welfare of his wife..."

I doubt LM would allow them to be cared for by Maya's family, so a foster home could save their lives.
MOO
Anywhere but where they are would be a safe place for them, IMO

Asap.

MOO

Agreed. I don't think all husbands who murder their wives are a danger to their children (physically; obviously the emotional wounds are real and serious). But this weird, freaky 'shrine' is absolutely evidence that he'd consider family annihilation, JMO IMO

ALL texts and phone records will be very important in this case.
From this latest information, Maya is no longer alive.
So these young children are living (without available resources to leave this house)
with their father who reportedly has no qualms about hiring hitmen to take care of his imagined foes.
This is bad.
Very bad.. for these children.
I absolutely believe that these children need to be removed from this house immediately.

Maya Millette: Husband allegedly devised murder-for-hire plot to kill missing mom-of-3’s suspected boyfriend, witness claims

A source told Fox News that they frequently heard Larry Millette discuss paying $20,000 to kill Maya Millette’s alleged beau. Larry Millette allegedly started constructing the plot last summer, months before Maya Millette’s disappearance, and had talked about it days before she vanished.

The source also said Larry Millette “seemed pretty serious” about the murder-for-hire plot. A family member told Fox News that they heard him threaten Maya Millette’s alleged boyfriend last summer, saying, “I want to do something to that fool.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member