TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hired a drone pilot to go out there yesterday morning and get us some better aerial images of some key points of interest. What we are referring to as the West Pond is immediately to the West of where the clothes were dropped and along one of routes Jason could have taken out to 86. We also wanted to see if this route was still fairly passable and what other dangers were in that area. The other pond, listed as the East Pond, is the one that was drained during the first search. We also got some good overhead shots of the whole area centering on the vacant house at 2379 Salt Flat Rd. There is also video footage that is still being processed and I'll post that as well once they are finished. I've shared the images through my Dropbox account to maintain resolution. Here is the link

Dropbox - Aerial Imagery - Simplify your life

Thank you @JimWest for being so kind as to not only send a drone out to do this, but to take the time to post and share with us. It's very much appreciated.

I have a question for you as I have not ruled out his body being dumped in an oil tank. Been getting Chris Watts vibes for a while now. It appears that one of the tanks in pic 10 doesn't have a top/roof on it and there's a ladder on the ground nearby. Can you estimate approximately how tall that tank is? Or any of them, actually. I'd like to know how high those tanks can be.

Thank you again, your time and effort is greatly appreciated. :)

I have a question for you as I have not ruled out his body being dumped in an oil tank. Been getting Chris Watts vibes for a while now. It appears that one of the tanks in pic 10 doesn't have a top/roof on it and there's a ladder on the ground nearby. Can you estimate approximately how tall that tank is? Or any of them, actually. I'd like to know how high those tanks can be.

Looking at the video that we haven't finished with, that particular tank looks to be about 10 feet high. That would also jive with the 12 foot ladder being next to it. The other two tanks with the closed tops appear to be about double that height. One of the things I noticed on that tank if you zoom way in is that it actually has a thin netting over the top of it. I'm assuming this is to keep birds and other critters out?

Looking at the video that we haven't finished with, that particular tank looks to be about 10 feet high. That would also jive with the 12 foot ladder being next to it. The other two tanks with the closed tops appear to be about double that height. One of the things I noticed on that tank if you zoom way in is that it actually has a thin netting over the top of it. I'm assuming this is to keep birds and other critters out?

Good to know on the netting. Thank you.

Hired a drone pilot to go out there yesterday morning and get us some better aerial images of some key points of interest. What we are referring to as the West Pond is immediately to the West of where the clothes were dropped and along one of routes Jason could have taken out to 86. We also wanted to see if this route was still fairly passable and what other dangers were in that area. The other pond, listed as the East Pond, is the one that was drained during the first search. We also got some good overhead shots of the whole area centering on the vacant house at 2379 Salt Flat Rd. There is also video footage that is still being processed and I'll post that as well once they are finished. I've shared the images through my Dropbox account to maintain resolution. Here is the link

Dropbox - Aerial Imagery - Simplify your life
JimWest - Does anything suspicious or of concern stand out to you? Would you suggest a sonar scan on the other lake? MOO

JimWest - Does anything suspicious or of concern stand out to you? Would you suggest a sonar scan on the other lake? MOO

Unfortunately nothing jumps out at me right away. This lake lies right along a possible path he could have taken so I wanted clear enough photos to see if I could notice any disturbance in the muck ring where a body could have possibly entered. Even from three months ago I would think it would still be visible and it all looks undisturbed. Both search and rescue teams said they had side-scan sonar equipment out there, but nothing was ever said about this or any of the other ponds so I don't know if it was already done.

Attachments

• Muck Ring.jpg
    Muck Ring.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 82
@JimWest thank you for putting so much work and time into Jason’s case and also sharing with us all here.
Your contribution is invaluable.
While looking at the photos, the open tank with the ladder caught my attention as well. Like @Gemmie I too am glad to hear there was a netting of some sort. Did it appear to be intact? Were there any large rips or such in it?

I may be way off, but I feel Jason isn’t too far away from the crash site. But where? Where would he stumble to or possibly crawl under for shelter? What’s out there that he may have fell into or got trapped in? (Just thinking aloud here)
So many questions! It’s just a tragic situation all around. I prayer the family gets answers soon.

@JimWest I may be way off, but I feel Jason isn’t too far away from the crash site. But where? Where would he stumble to or possibly crawl under for shelter? What’s out there that he may have fell into or got trapped in? (Just thinking aloud here)
So many questions! It’s just a tragic situation all around. I prayer the family gets answers soon.

I am definitely going down the road we've all heard before of, "In the end, he was found less than 500 feet from the accident site" When you actually go out there, you are hit full on with just how many structures are out there. Thinking about the wild west days of drilling back when this field was discovered in 1928. It hit peak production 1929. Think about how unsafely we did things back then. Holes were drilled, ponds were dug. Things were ripped up, filled in, dug again, buried, excavated....All without any sort of the documentation we have in modern times. Add to that the recent seismic activity that has been monitored just south of there in Gonzalez and there is no telling what kind of rip in the earth could have opened up to an underground tank or something and swallowed Jason whole as he traversed the area in the pitch dark of a new moon.

Unfortunately, for some reason that escapes me, none of the prior information gathered from 12 days of professional searching by 140 trained volunteers is ever shared with the public, so those of us that come behind have to start from scratch.

What if maybe he climbed a tree to escape wtev he thought was chasing him, hallucinations, wild hogs or bad people
And just froze up there maybe thats why they cannot find him because search team focused on the ground,tanks or wtev?!!?

Think about how unsafely we did things back then. Holes were drilled, ponds were dug. Things were ripped up, filled in, dug again, buried, excavated....All without any sort of the documentation we have in modern times. Add to that the recent seismic activity that has been monitored just south of there in Gonzalez and there is no telling what kind of rip in the earth could have opened up to an underground tank or something and swallowed Jason whole as he traversed the area in the pitch dark of a new moon.

^^This^^

I am definitely going down the road we've all heard before of, "In the end, he was found less than 500 feet from the accident site" When you actually go out there, you are hit full on with just how many structures are out there. Thinking about the wild west days of drilling back when this field was discovered in 1928. It hit peak production 1929. Think about how unsafely we did things back then. Holes were drilled, ponds were dug. Things were ripped up, filled in, dug again, buried, excavated....All without any sort of the documentation we have in modern times. Add to that the recent seismic activity that has been monitored just south of there in Gonzalez and there is no telling what kind of rip in the earth could have opened up to an underground tank or something and swallowed Jason whole as he traversed the area in the pitch dark of a new moon.

Unfortunately, for some reason that escapes me, none of the prior information gathered from 12 days of professional searching by 140 trained volunteers is ever shared with the public, so those of us that come behind have to start from scratch.
@JimWest - as an FYI, nearly every WS missing person thread has a MEDIA/MAP/TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION THREAD with the link posted on the first page.

The early professional searches received significant coverage. If MSM covered it, you'll find info/interviews at the link below.

TX - Jason Landry, 21, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020, MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Also, Gene Robinson may be a resource for you to contact.

I don't know if you are aware of drone expert Gene Robinson that provided services last December but you and/or your drone pilot may want to make contact with him.

One week later, search continues for missing Texas State student

ETA: Add link for Reporter Rudy Koski

Rudy Koski

I was just coming to post about my son having a reaction when smoking pot with friends which landed him in the ER, But not either of the other two kids, even though it was pot from the same bag. My son began to act so bizarre and his heart was racing so bad one boy called his mom who was a nurse who had them go to the ER and called us. Thankfully, my son was ok and learned mj was not for him and to my knowledge never used again and warned my younger son off too. (When I went on medical mj for awhile my sons were both quite perplexed with me about the whole thing.... didn’t do a thing for me though). Whole point being that I agree it could have been regular old pot that just didn’t agree with Jason. This case breaks my heart as I have a 22 year old who regularly drives home and he often brings his beta fish with. Lord, please let Jason be found for his family’s sake.

edited for typos
Your son is hardly alone.

It's hard to forget Journalist M. Dowd's 2014 piece reporting on Colorado's edibles:

She sat in a Denver hotel room experimenting with the legalized edible, "nibbling" on some of the chocolate-flavored bar.

"For an hour, I felt nothing [...] But then I felt a scary shudder go through my body and brain. I barely made it from the desk to the bed, where I lay curled up in a hallucinatory state for the next eight hours," Dowd said.

She goes on to explain how her paranoia deepened, saying the high wore off "distressingly slowly."

"I had been convinced that I had died and no one was telling me," Dowd said.

Maureen Dowd on pot candy bar: 'I became convinced that I had died'

@JimWest thank you for putting so much work and time into Jason’s case and also sharing with us all here.
Your contribution is invaluable.
While looking at the photos, the open tank with the ladder caught my attention as well. Like @Gemmie I too am glad to hear there was a netting of some sort. Did it appear to be intact? Were there any large rips or such in it?

I may be way off, but I feel Jason isn’t too far away from the crash site. But where? Where would he stumble to or possibly crawl under for shelter? What’s out there that he may have fell into or got trapped in? (Just thinking aloud here)

Agreed @mlhenn
@JimWest are all the tanks flush to the ground or are some on stands? My apologies if this has already been discussed, Everyone. I am slowly catching up and hoping Jason can come home to his Family soon :(
PS @JimWest again sincere thanks for all your efforts with the drones and maps. You are incredible!

Discord seems a remote possibility. If his parents have his PS4, and anyone can get in (no PIN or password requirement to log in online to the PlayStation Network - PSN), it's possible they could turn it on and try to sleuth some information.

I know offhand that Sony's PSN has decent social features, with messaging and private groups and all. Discord would probably be used as a secondary resource for matchmaking/meeting other people. (This is in contrast to Nintendo Switch Online, which has no built-in messaging, so Discord tends to be more of a primary resource.)

I do partially subscribe to the theory that Jason was possibly meeting/staying over at someone's house before going to his parent's, for these reasons:

1. he turned off Waze and opened up Snapchat at that intersection.
2. In the Lordan interview, KL said that he could see Snapchat messages coming in, during the morning and days after when he had Jason's phone.
3. Jason may have communicated with this person(s) exclusively over Snapchat; there are no text messages or cellular calls.
4. Jason's parents expressed some frustration recently (early March I want to say) that whoever was receiving/sending Snaps that night hasn't stepped forward yet.
5. KL also mentioned that Jason and his brother would want to be home at the same time his sister was, which was a couple of days off.

Last edited:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you-- for sharing your photos and giving your time for Jason.
I also feel he is around the crash site area or within short walking distance from there.
With the old oil digs and tanks there, he could have fallen into a sink hole of some sort or
Also, I know this was asked before and forgive as I do not remember the answer... were BOTH lakes searched or just the one ???

Discord seems a remote possibility. If his parents have his PS4, and anyone can get in (no PIN or password requirement to log in online to the PlayStation Network - PSN), it's possible they could turn it on and try to sleuth some information.

I know offhand that Sony's PSN has decent social features, with messaging and private groups and all. Discord would probably be used as a secondary resource for matchmaking/meeting other people. (This is in contrast to Nintendo Switch Online, which has no built-in messaging, so Discord tends to be more of a primary resource.)

I do partially subscribe to the theory that Jason was possibly meeting/staying over at someone's house before going to his parent's, for these reasons:

1. he turned off Waze and opened up Snapchat at that intersection.
2. In the Lordan interview, KL said that he could see Snapchat messages coming in, during the morning and days after when he had Jason's phone.
3. Jason may have communicated with this person(s) exclusively over Snapchat; there are no text messages or cellular calls.
4. Jason's parents expressed some frustration recently (early March I want to say) that whoever was receiving/sending Snaps that night hasn't stepped forward yet.
5. KL also mentioned that Jason and his brother would want to be home at the same time his sister was, which was a couple of days off.
This snapchat thing really confuses me. If you knew you had talked with someone right before they dissapeared, why would you not come forward? I think it's likely that this was just a horrible accident and the Snapchat conversation could lead to nothing new, but it could help with determining Jason's mindset at the time.

This snapchat thing really confuses me. If you knew you had talked with someone right before they dissapeared, why would you not come forward? I think it's likely that this was just a horrible accident and the Snapchat conversation could lead to nothing new, but it could help with determining Jason's mindset at the time.

My guesses would be that
1. The person he was snapchatting does not know that people want to speak to them. I know when I've communicated with people from online, I used to do it over snapchat first so I didn't have to give out my phone #. He could have been doing the same (and very well the person has nothing to do with his disappearance. It could have been a person from Tinder.)
2. The snaps will prove that Jason and/or the person he was communicating with were using drugs under age. They are likely nervous of getting in trouble.
3. Are we sure he actually snapped somebody? Was he possibly just using snap maps or looking at people's stories? Being on snapchat does not mean your are sending snapchats or opening ones from friends.

Do we know for sure that person hasn’t talked to LE? Maybe they just haven’t talked publicly. If they haven’t come forward to LE I think @data_nerd_2005 has some good possible reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member