Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #132

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking about whether there is any significance to the police hosting a press conference on the Monday after Easter (2019?) and the news about the anonymous donation towards finding the person(s) responsible yesterday on Monday after Easter again.

It could be a total coincidence, or, it could be they wanted to maximize eyeballs on people's behaviors to prompt someone to tip in. Maybe they think the person(s) are likely to be in town on Easter weekend for some reason (family gathering?). Maybe they think the person has other family coming in to town to celebrate? I imagine they want to release news whenever there is a high chance of this person being in town, or being more accessible than usual to those in his life.
And there was the reference to the movie “The Shack”, which is Christian based. It’s interesting that’s for sure.
Little things can add up to be bigger things. MOO.

and why it it likely ?
who knew about the long criminal career of the GSK ? and he was married and had kids .
also what if BG was just one of those drifters/loners who no one looked at or knew is alive ..especially that this is not the age that crimes gets the exposure that they used to get when everybody watched the news and read the papers ..
I am just thinking about how many crimes with huge awards still stays unsolved

Because they don't know that what they know is linked to a crime, or to this crime.

I'm not saying they know that BG is BG. Just that they know something about him that is key to LE solving the case. The one bit of information, the one piece of the puzzle. That they gave him "the jacket" for Christmas 2016, and he lost it a couple of months later. Or, that he said he'd meet them somewhere the night of Feb 13 2017, but he ghosted them. Or, that he suddenly became obsessive about something that seemed weird to them, but not criminal.

For all this case obsesses us, and for all it received massive coverage regionally, it may still be barely a blip on this person's radar, even if they live in or near Delphi. Some people just don't pay attention to the news. Maybe they've been focused on other things for the past 4+ years. Maybe they aren't big on chatting with the neighbors, going to the coffee shop, exchanging news at the grocery store or at church. They're not necessarily trying to protect BG – and if they knew this was a big clue they'd most likely be horrified and call the tipline or the police pronto. But they simply have no clue that some odd thing someone did, some thing that left them scratching their head sometime over the past ~4 years, is THE clue to a big, big case.

Because they don't know that what they know is linked to a crime, or to this crime.

I'm not saying they know that BG is BG. Just that they just know something about him that is key to LE solving the case. The one bit of information, the one piece of the puzzle. That they gave him "the jacket" for Christmas 2016, and he lost it a couple of months later. Or, that he said he'd meet them somewhere the night of Feb 13 2017, but he ghosted them. Or, that he suddenly became obsessive about something that seemed weird to them, but not criminal.

For all this case obsesses us, and for all it received massive coverage regionally, it may still be barely a blip on this person's radar, even if they live in or near Delphi. Some people just don't pay attention to the news. Maybe they've been focused on other things for the past 4+ years. Maybe they aren't big on chatting with the neighbors, going to the coffee shop, exchanging news at the grocery store or at church. They're not necessarily trying to protect BG – and if they knew this was a big clue they'd most likely be horrified and call the tipline or the police pronto. But they simply have no clue that some odd thing someone did, some thing that left them scratching their head sometime over the past ~4 years, is THE clue to a big, big case.

Yes, exactly. You explain it very well.

I don't think that the anonymous donation is anything more than that, or that it will help find the monster any quicker. Someone has to recognize the monster first, and if they haven't in four years.. But only LE knows for sure. ANYONE who could do something heinous like this certainly has no conscience, without a doubt. IMO

trust me BG does not feel bad or guilty, these emotions are not in his toolbox.

he may be scared of being found out
he may wish he could take it back...maybe.
but, only so he wouldn't be a fugitive...and he wouldn't be caught on camera.

nothing he feels is out of regard for the girls... remember sociopaths lie and tell you what you wish to hear..it's just an act.

mOO
I just hope he is not out hunting again for his next victims.

I don't think that the anonymous donation is anything more than that, or that it will help find the monster any quicker. Someone has to recognize the monster first, and if they haven't in four years.. But only LE knows for sure. ANYONE who could do something heinous like this certainly has no conscience, without a doubt. IMO

I agree, I really doubt the additional reward was intended nor expected to rouse the conscience of perpetrator. If anything he’s on a high for having become so notorious.

However the added reward is a good reason for the media to headline the case once again to give it additional exposure so that more people know about it, just as the families have consistently promoted.

The flood zone layer on the Beacon map is really helpful in seeing the low levels in the area.

View attachment 291396

Thank you. Very helpful. First time I've seen that. Notice the entire area down the hill on the near side of the creek is a low spot. During the record breaking 2003 flooding Deer Creek overflowed downstream in that area, wiping out trees and severely altering the topography compared to the far side of the creek. That's why I'm convinced Bridge Guy chose the spot across the creek, as opposed to the girls fleeing. He's not going to leave the bodies in an area below the bridge that is so thinned out, especially if he plans to be there for a while during his signaturing.

Very low percentage that the perpetrator lost control in only 4-5 minutes. Far more likely that walk was even more evil than we prefer to believe, with the girls restrained in some fashion. Perhaps injured. He's not going to allow them freedom to make their own choice. Once he encounters them at the end of the bridge, everything has to be interpreted in Bridge Guy's favor.

I agree, I really doubt the additional reward was intended nor expected to rouse the conscience of perpetrator. If anything he’s on a high for having become so notorious.

However the added reward is a good reason for the media to headline the case once again to give it additional exposure so that more people know about it, just as the families have consistently promoted.

I agree MistyWaters, the added reward does put the attention of this case out there again and we can only hope and pray that the right person/people finally hear about/read about it.

I'm not saying they know that BG is BG. Just that they know something about him that is key to LE solving the case. The one bit of information, the one piece of the puzzle. That they gave him "the jacket" for Christmas 2016, and he lost it a couple of months later. Or, that he said he'd meet them somewhere the night of Feb 13 2017, but he ghosted them. Or, that he suddenly became obsessive about something that seemed weird to them, but not criminal.

And there was the reference to the movie “The Shack”, which is Christian based. It’s interesting that’s for sure.
Little things can add up to be bigger things. MOO.
I am a noob here. I am posting this somewhat as as a test as I am having a bit of difficulty navigating my way here on my own. Could someone tell me what BG and LE mean? Thx

thank you.
I had this thought today. A fresh set of eyes if u will. I do apologize that this post is a bit lengthy but I feel a backdrop is required. In my youth, I was a problem drinker and spent some time in late 90s in the judicial system because of it. I am almost 16yrs clean now (No worries). In that time I spent some time in lockdown rehabilitation both in evansville and later in fort wayne for 7 months in the Salvation Army A.R.C. This facility houses 50 men at any given time. Most people are/were poor court ordered saps like me. Many (aprox 30) were locals who were court ordered. Some (approx 8-12) were out of towners (or state) who were also court ordered. Then there are 4-6 who are just drunks. They are old timers who are there to die rather than be on the street. They know nothing else. But... then there are 2 or 3 that are there for a very different reasons (not court ordered/not interest in recovery if even afflicted with that sort of addiction). Now here is where it gets tricky. If u were a violent criminal, a violent sexual predator or a killer then a place or places like these are your godsend domain. Here's why if an civilian/family/investigator/court/law enforcement/etc. (except feds, of course) were looking for u then they would be out of luck finding u. They will not find u because once u check in these facilities (and the like) are bound by confidentiality. There are some bad people who have learned to navigate anywhere in the country taking a knee in destinations like these to simply lay low in the shadows with a hot and a cot stress-free without the need to be on any radar or a need for outside gainful employment. I remember a friend there telling me... "Never travel the tracks! Murders travel the tracks!" I believe that, too. That being said... If I was fbi or le, I would get a manifest from probably Dec1.2016- Feb.17,2017 and see if any of those people who were there at the ARC fit the profile the law is looking for. Oddly enough, if u left fort wayne on the tracks it would pass thru delphi and if someone was wanted then someone recording u may get a reaction or maybe it was simply an evil crime of opportunity. Now I do overthink things sometimes but it feels valid to me. My next post will be a map of the tracks. That's all guys. Thx for letting me share.

I had this thought today. A fresh set of eyes if u will. I do apologize that this post is a bit lengthy but I feel a backdrop is required. In my youth, I was a problem drinker and spent some time in late 90s in the judicial system because of it. I am almost 16yrs clean now (No worries). In that time I spent some time in lockdown rehabilitation both in evansville and later in fort wayne for 7 months in the Salvation Army A.R.C. This facility houses 50 men at any given time. Most people are/were poor court ordered saps like me. Many (aprox 30) were locals who were court ordered. Some (approx 8-12) were out of towners (or state) who were also court ordered. Then there are 4-6 who are just drunks. They are old timers who are there to die rather than be on the street. They know nothing else. But... then there are 2 or 3 that are there for a very different reasons (not court ordered/not interest in recovery if even afflicted with that sort of addiction). Now here is where it gets tricky. If u were a violent criminal, a violent sexual predator or a killer then a place or places like these are your godsend domain. Here's why if an civilian/family/investigator/court/law enforcement/etc. (except feds, of course) were looking for u then they would be out of luck finding u. They will not find u because once u check in these facilities (and the like) are bound by confidentiality. There are some bad people who have learned to navigate anywhere in the country taking a knee in destinations like these to simply lay low in the shadows with a hot and a cot stress-free without the need to be on any radar or a need for outside gainful employment. I remember a friend there telling me... "Never travel the tracks! Murders travel the tracks!" I believe that, too. That being said... If I was fbi or le, I would get a manifest from probably Dec1.2016- Feb.17,2017 and see if any of those people who were there at the ARC fit the profile the law is looking for. Oddly enough, if u left fort wayne on the tracks it would pass thru delphi and if someone was wanted then someone recording u may get a reaction or maybe it was simply an evil crime of opportunity. Now I do overthink things sometimes but it feels valid to me. My next post will be a map of the tracks. That's all guys. Thx for letting me share.

Attachments

• goog map.jpg
    goog map.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 62
  • the trax.jpg
    the trax.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 59

This information is quite helpful. I too hope that LE is aware of this "off the grid" approach taken by some offenders who are familiar with how the system works. Would you feel comfortable calling it in to either the tip line or the Indiana State Police, just to make sure it's been factored into their considerations of how BG has remained so elusive?

Oh, and welcome to WebSleuths!

You asked about a couple of acronyms that are commonly used in this thread. We often use initials for victims, lead LE people closely associated with a case, and previously named persons of interest (POI). There's also a dedicated list of more generally used acronyms here: Websleuths Lingo

In addition there is a pretty comprehensive FAQ here: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) if you have other questions.

*edited to include referenced post/member.

Last edited:
Thank you. Very helpful. First time I've seen that. Notice the entire area down the hill on the near side of the creek is a low spot. During the record breaking 2003 flooding Deer Creek overflowed downstream in that area, wiping out trees and severely altering the topography compared to the far side of the creek. That's why I'm convinced Bridge Guy chose the spot across the creek, as opposed to the girls fleeing. He's not going to leave the bodies in an area below the bridge that is so thinned out, especially if he plans to be there for a while during his signaturing.

Very low percentage that the perpetrator lost control in only 4-5 minutes. Far more likely that walk was even more evil than we prefer to believe, with the girls restrained in some fashion. Perhaps injured. He's not going to allow them freedom to make their own choice. Once he encounters them at the end of the bridge, everything has to be interpreted in Bridge Guy's favor.
The link below shows the highest historic crest was 19+ feet. Does that mean the areas under the flood zone line are under 19' high?

As a side note, I think I found the water gauge. If that's it, does someone have to physically read it or is the info transmitted?
National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service

Water Gauge.jpg

Very good info.
They did stop the trains through Delphi and scoured the tracks.

Question about your railroad theory, @j0lly

Obviously the actual bridge the girls were walking on, though owned and formerly maintained as a working railroad, had not been used by trains since the 80s. So in your theory, I think you're saying, the offender travels the currently working rails from the Fort Wayne area (perhaps) to the Delphi area. How then does he know about or make his way to the area of the Monon High Bridge? Does he have some other connection to Delphi or reason to know about this?

It seems you are advocating for the idea that the Delphi perpetrator is a pure drifter-type killer?

They should take the bridge down.
Letting the RR companies leave structures like MHB to deteriorate is just a taxpayer expenses in the end. MOO also deteriorating industrial structures draw homeless and drug users. Like current deserted mall structures, which now creepily house homeless not willing to give up drugs.

Question about your railroad theory, @j0lly

Obviously the actual bridge the girls were walking on, though owned and formerly maintained as a working railroad, had not been used by trains since the 80s. So in your theory, I think you're saying, the offender travels the currently working rails from the Fort Wayne area (perhaps) to the Delphi area. How then does he know about or make his way to the area of the Monon High Bridge? Does he have some other connection to Delphi or reason to know about this?

It seems you are advocating for the idea that the Delphi perpetrator is a pure drifter-type killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth