GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
''Streamed live 10 hours ago
Tara Kawass, an excellent defense attorney, continues with the embarrassing and desperate defense of Katherine Magbanua by making a baseless "Motion to Compel" - I discuss the issue here''

agree with all and yet there is more. the breaking up with her boyfriend just before the murder; the buying of a "bulliet" vodka on the way to check out the murder had happened; the fact that the one sane brother has gone on record to say he understands his family involvement and has severed ties with them, while she continues to live in close knit with them; the picture of her and magbauna in bikinis at the beach, while she denies knowing her; the extra motivation to get dan out of the picture when he started dating a more accomplished woman.
Sorry for the excessive posts but this case has my blood boiling. There's been a lot of debate about whether Wendi Adelson was involved, directly or indirectly. To those people who believe she wasn't involved:

1. The killers knew that Dan Markel had to be murdered before noon on July 18th because he was going out of town. How?
2 . Luis Rivera was convinced that he saw her and her sons the day before the murder walking next to Markells house to make sure that they were there to do the job. A couple hours after the murder, Garcia phones Magbanua to tell her its done and she already knew about it. How did Magbanau know? Was it because Wendi Adelson already told Charlie?
3. Her cell phone records have her in the vicinity of the crime scene about an hour after the murder. Why is she there? She tells police that she often drove by her old house on Trescott "as a way to deal with the divorce" like she was somehow emotionally not over Dan Markel, when we know that she spent months avoiding him in person and even on the phone and in fact, hated Dan Markel.
4. Donna Adelson booked her an appointment to fix her "TV" for the day of the murders, a week before the murders. The same "TV" Charlie Adelon joked was cheaper to buy than to hire a hitman. Also, Donna Adelson on the wire talks about the extortion attempt for $5,000 and tells Charlie Adelson that "this TV is going to cost $5,000".
5. She is physically ill on June 4 on coffee date with then boyfriend Jeff Lacasse and wont tell him whats bothering her. June 4th was the killers first trip to Talahassee.
6. She tells police that maybe Jeff Lacasse killed Markel and she could see why he would be a good suspect. She knew that Lacasse was scheduled to leave town the afternoon of the murder but unbenownst to her, he changed his plans and luckily had an alibi.
7. Who benefitted the most from Dan Markell's murder? She got what the courts wouldn't give her - full custody of her sons and moved to south Florida within 48 hours of the funeral. A move that was prevented by court order.
8. She stopped communicating with the cops after her initial police interview and lawyered up. Its probably smart on her part because in the police interview, one of the most interesting things I found was what Wendi Adelson didn't say. For someone who was apparently shocked to find out about her ex-husbands murder and with no details about when or where it happened - she never once asks about the safety of her sons. Her sons were with Markel the day of the murder. She doesn't know if it was a home invasion in the middle of the night. Or a car wreck. Or anything. And she doesn't ask about her sons for 19 minutes and 57 seconds into her interview. The very first and maybe the only question she should have been asking about the death of an ex-husband she obviously hated was WHERE ARE MY SONS? WERE THEY THERE WHEN THIS HAPPENED? I NEED TO SEE THEM NOW. Instead, we get a bunch of nonsense like asking the police to call Markel "Danny" cause its more personal and trying to come up with who might do this other than the people who obviously did it.
9. Divorce records show that she was to be deposed by Markel and his lawyers before the murder and the subject of the deposition was her apparent fraud in the divorce proceedings (not declaring certain bank accounts in her financial statement) AND whether Donna Adelson should be allowed unsupervised visits with her kids. Markel was threatening to go after her law license on the fraud. Donna Adelson was her only child care for Wendi - her parents would drive up for her weeks with the kids and do everything for her. She was potentially losing that.
10. Even if she wasn't involved in the murder, she has surely come to understand all the evidence against her brother and her mother and their direct involvement. Instead of separating herself from the people who actually murdered her children's father, she has doubled down and protected them by lying on their behalf and continues to have the same close relationship she had before the murders. At the same time, she has completely abolished Dan Markel's family from visitation with their grandkids and changed the kids names to erase his memory. At the very least, she is a vile, self-absorbed psychopath. That is the least we can say about Wendi Adelson. Anyone who doubts this, needs only to listen to her police interview or her podcast - where she is the true victim from how Markel - who was assassinated in his driveway "made her suffer."

Information I have to hand via an English source - but not validated yet
Adelson Snrs have moved out of the family home in Miami, FL.

The home they are in now is rented. That indicates the family might be moving assets
into trusts not held by individual real people - so that it is harder to get at the assets
should there be a court ordered punitive settlement. We need someone in FL to validate
this statement - I have it as electronically from an individual over the internet. It may
be true or untrue. Dental surgery is either shut down or has new owners.
Charlie is not practicing anywhere as a dentist. He manages the family's extensive
RE holdings.

VERY IMPORTANT. Charlie appears to have got married quick smart and produced a child
either on or a bit under the regulation 280 days. I have no knowledge of his wife.
If someone can harden up this information it would be very interesting. Esp. if the wife is
NOT Jewish. That would indicate that Donna wants CA to have a child chip chop no messing
around - the last brother who tried to "marry out" was banished to NY. area.

What is going on ?? - Blind Freddy can see (if all the above is correct).
Charlie needs to change his persona to the family man with a child in case everything goes
pearshaped. By that I mean KM turns state's evidence and Charlie A faces Murder 1 charges.
Secondly I'd say the Markel family in CAN is looking at a civil case as per the aftermath
of the OJ Simpson trial, which cost OJS $33 Million in damages. The burden of proof in such
a trial is much much lower and there is vast circumstantial evidence in terms of money
handling, phone logs and Whatever KM might say that is a subtantive basis for a trial.
But the Markels would want to see all possible criminal avenues exhausted before they take that action which will cost them a lot of money and at best will just give them money to set up some legal scholarships in the US (Harvard) and Israel in Dan Markel's name. If I were the Markels I'd be after the option that might give me a body in Orange prison coveralls in a pine box first up (look up the Sievers case in FL if you don't think that could happen ). Everything else is a second choice. Personally, since S. Garcia was given life without parole I'm thinking that strapping Charlie to a gurney is a possibility, but it is reasonably remote.

The Markel dental operation Is/Was at - Cosmetic Dentistry & Dental Implants Near Fort Lauderdale - Adelson family business website - appears no longer running
- telephone is disconnected, at least when rung from an overseas address. A Local test and a drive by to see if the operation signage shows a dental practice would be a very good
thing to have on file and would cost a participant in FL nothing to do.

AGENT SMART , you have your instructions, please report back to Control in a few days with documentation.

all the best,
agent KidonGadol

agree with all and yet there is more. the breaking up with her boyfriend just before the murder; the buying of a "bulliet" vodka on the way to check out the murder had happened; the fact that the one sane brother has gone on record to say he understands his family involvement and has severed ties with them, while she continues to live in close knit with them; the picture of her and magbauna in bikinis at the beach, while she denies knowing her; the extra motivation to get dan out of the picture when he started dating a more accomplished woman.

The photo of KM and WA is NOT the beach. It is at a swimming pool. Mentour lawyer has told me that photo was submitted as evidence in the 2019 Trial but he did not bother to give me an evidence number. If anyone knows the evidence number for that photo , It would be much appreciated.

KidonGadol

The sad truth is that they are being totally brainwashed by the Adelson family and chances are they will never know the real truth unless the Adelsons are arrested, charged and convicted-- right now that possibility is not promising.

Oh I don't know about that Just recently I found a letter that Wendi's lawyer wrote. He annoyed the hell out of a company and they posted it on the internet. There is a lie in there about the fact that Wendi did not know KM. Wow. So and I could not possibly explain how this happened - a high quality JPEG of that letter went off to well maybe the prosecutor's office. Donna only needs 6 honest men to be looking diligently for this stuff and she and especially Charlie might be starting to look shaky. Read my posts elsewhere where I ask for information - other documents may exist .

KidonGadol

Anyone who has information about Adelson assets, whether in FL or elsewhere is welcome to post them here. If any substantial list arises then I will make sure it gets to the Markels in Canada. Specifically to the sister, Shelly Markel who works in Toronto for a legal company. Vague generalities are no good - what is needed is files which show motor vehicle ownership. house titles or mortgage documents. I believe the Adelsons will be preparing for the worst by moving assets about or preparing to do so.

KidonGadol

Information gleaned from the US whitepages online - but there is a risk this is out of date information. I found this from the far side of the world -

DONNA'S CURRENT ADDRESS IS
450 Alton Rd Apt 1502
Miami Beach, FL 33139 - Indications are that Charles J Adelson also lives at this address.

I can't get more information on their housing status than this. - is this Apartment owned by someone else and rented to them ? Who really owns the appartment ? Where did they live previously ? Who owned that ? What about other real estate owned by the Adelsons and rented to others ??

Can someone find out the details of any luxury cars owned, especially those owned by Charlie Adelson ? Approximate book values , make, model and registration number for them ? We know he used to have a Ferrari - does he still have it and if so, what are the details. ? It is all about getting a picture of their asset wealth in case someone in Canada wants to litigate in civil court for wrongful death at some stage.

For those in Florida - don't be apathetic - there are things you can find out ; make a difference !! If you don't feel confident putting information here you can open a private discussion or even - data could be dropped onto the Files section of the GroupsIO page of QRP Labs (an electronics group) and then an interested party could pull the data from there (You'd still have to join that group of course but it provides more electronic distance is that is what the User wants).

Here are a couple of useful emails for the local police chief , Revell and secondly for the State Attorney , Campbell - but don't waste the time of these chaps with Dreck - be to the point - and include documents (This applies to criminal issues).

But for property / asset data - post it on the site or contact me, KidonGadol

"Revell Lawrence" <Lawrence.Revell@talgov.com>

"Jack Campbell" <CampbellJ@leoncountyfl.gov>

Last edited:
March 31 2021
Florida professor’s murder puts focus on grandparents’ rights
''As Ruth and Phil Markel continue to grieve the death of their son, their loss has continued to grow.

It’s been five years since the Markels have seen their grandsons Benjamin and Lincoln, after Adelson stopped allowing the boys to have contact with their “bubbe” and “zayde.”

''Despite their pleas, the Markels almost certainly won’t be reunited with their grandchildren unless the Florida Legislature intervenes.

But it will be at least another year before lawmakers step in to help, if they even can.

Parts of the Florida Constitution and the U.S. Constitution establishing privacy rights prevent the Markels from having access to their son’s children and make it difficult for lawmakers to come up with a solution, the Senate Children, Families, and Elder Affairs Committee heard during a workshop on Tuesday.''

rbbm.
Family, friends of Dan Markel push for Florida grandparent visitation rights
“This year has shown all of us what it feels like to be isolated from family. But as the world becomes safer from COVID, still too many of us face alienation of a different form. There is no vaccine to protect grandparents in circumstances like the ones my family has faced,” said Ruth Markel, Dan Markel’s mother, during a prerecorded video played before the Senate committee.''

“Only some of those responsible for his murder have been convicted, and the investigation is still ongoing.”

''Dan Markel’s friend Jeremy Cohen said given the two young boys age when their father was killed, he suspected they didn’t have many memories of their paternal grandparents.

“We’re here because Phil and Ruth deserve access to their grandchildren. The boys deserve to know their family and where they came from,” he told he Senate committee. “You can pave the way to brining a ray of light back into the Markel family.”

Last edited:
March 31 2021
Florida professor’s murder puts focus on grandparents’ rights
''As Ruth and Phil Markel continue to grieve the death of their son, their loss has continued to grow.

It’s been five years since the Markels have seen their grandsons Benjamin and Lincoln, after Adelson stopped allowing the boys to have contact with their “bubbe” and “zayde.”

''Despite their pleas, the Markels almost certainly won’t be reunited with their grandchildren unless the Florida Legislature intervenes.

But it will be at least another year before lawmakers step in to help, if they even can.

Parts of the Florida Constitution and the U.S. Constitution establishing privacy rights prevent the Markels from having access to their son’s children and make it difficult for lawmakers to come up with a solution, the Senate Children, Families, and Elder Affairs Committee heard during a workshop on Tuesday.''

rbbm.
Family, friends of Dan Markel push for Florida grandparent visitation rights
“This year has shown all of us what it feels like to be isolated from family. But as the world becomes safer from COVID, still too many of us face alienation of a different form. There is no vaccine to protect grandparents in circumstances like the ones my family has faced,” said Ruth Markel, Dan Markel’s mother, during a prerecorded video played before the Senate committee.''

“Only some of those responsible for his murder have been convicted, and the investigation is still ongoing.”

''Dan Markel’s friend Jeremy Cohen said given the two young boys age when their father was killed, he suspected they didn’t have many memories of their paternal grandparents.

“We’re here because Phil and Ruth deserve access to their grandchildren. The boys deserve to know their family and where they came from,” he told he Senate committee. “You can pave the way to brining a ray of light back into the Markel family.”

The easiest Legal work around for this issue is to put the trials on fast forward and throw Charlie and Donna in the clink on Remand (it is going to be difficult to get at Wendi ) then have social services declare Wendi Adelson a neglectful mother by some subterfuge and get the boys to Canada for adoption by their paternal grandparents - See - full of good ideas :) KidonGadol

Last edited:
Information gleaned from the US whitepages online - but there is a risk this is out of date information. I found this from the far side of the world -

DONNA'S CURRENT ADDRESS IS
450 Alton Rd Apt 1502
Miami Beach, FL 33139 - Indications are that Charles J Adelson also lives at this address.

I can't get more information on their housing status than this. - is this Apartment owned by someone else and rented to them ? Who really owns the appartment ? Where did they live previously ? Who owned that ? What about other real estate owned by the Adelsons and rented to others ??

Can someone find out the details of any luxury cars owned, especially those owned by Charlie Adelson ? Approximate book values , make, model and registration number for them ? We know he used to have a Ferrari - does he still have it and if so, what are the details. ? It is all about getting a picture of their asset wealth in case someone in Canada wants to litigate in civil court for wrongful death at some stage.

For those in Florida - don't be apathetic - there are things you can find out ; make a difference !! If you don't feel confident putting information here you can open a private discussion or even - data could be dropped onto the Files section of the GroupsIO page of QRP Labs (an electronics group) and then an interested party could pull the data from there (You'd still have to join that group of course but it provides more electronic distance is that is what the User wants).

Here are a couple of useful emails for the local police chief , Revell and secondly for the State Attorney , Campbell - but don't waste the time of these chaps with Dreck - be to the point - and include documents (This applies to criminal issues).

But for property / asset data - post it on the site or contact me, KidonGadol

"Revell Lawrence" <Lawrence.Revell@talgov.com>

"Jack Campbell" <CampbellJ@leoncountyfl.gov>

This is a little note someone on a Ytube channel just now.

If anyone can help on where this story came from , I am most interested (I had it from an email but
the sender can't remember how she heard or read it ....).

Hey James/ Mentour Lawyer.. there is some B/S about, I think from Donna's mouth about a house in Morocco and moving there.. Can you tell me where it was reported - did it get reported in the formal press ? Why is this Importante ? Because Charlie is person of extreme interest and Donna is a powerful matriach.

So it could be argued if there is documentary evidence of an intention to decamp the cognisant authorities... you get the idea. I know it is a bit cheeky to raise this - there you go .

If someone knows I might be able to make a few investigations but if it is just some vague internet Chinese whisper then it is of no value at all... - anyone who reads is invited to give me a hard reference to this so called conversation via a reply.

All the best veh K Tuv. --- KidonG

Is this, well, "pace" typical in the US? This thing seems to have dragged on endlessly. Our court system in Finland is not known for its speed but compared with this our process seems like a crazy sprint...

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Firstly the state had to do a deal and get Rivera to talk - They did not find him until sometime in was it late 2015. Then they have to do a deal and collect evidence . The charge sheet for Magbanua was sworn on 30 th Sept 2016.
The trial was two years later, which is not too bad for a murder 1 trial with possible death penalty then it was found to be mistrial in respect to Magabanua but not Garcia. Then Covid hit ..that's delayed it for basically 20 months. And on top of that the Trial judge, who is no spring chicken left the case so Judge Wheeler had to take it over. Basically if it could go wrong, it did. It is possible, looking at the silver lining in the cloud that the jury might get it right this time and convict K Magbanua... which will leave other options open. I had to think of the cost of all this messing about though...I'd say the fees for defense for the first trial were $100-120 K. so the entire trial and police time could easily be 0.4 Million USD...and it is still racking up..

All interested parties. this is a performance car meetup in Ft Lauderdale. Charles lived there for some time in the early 2000's and may well be back there. Not the car . It is a model F430 Ferrari. If anyone in the WWW land can help establish if this is Charles Adelson or not.

It would be most interesting if it is , because it starts to pin down a major asset . Notice the car in the photo has no plates showing. That is not unusual in this private racing because having a set of plates showing may make the insurance and warranty situation interesting. Please don't just send a PM off to the convenors. If you mention the Markel case they may well run a mile and even more , contact Charles A and that may make him put is car on the market. Any queries of this group need to be more subtle.

NOTE - background to car in the MINI photo- is that a valid background for the sites they use for racing ? Two main sites are of interest for a match viz Sebring Raceway , Homestead Miami Speedway.

This Luxury car issue goes to the issue of personal assets held by Charles that might be forfeit in a Civil case. I have not been sitting on my tuches on this - I tried to get a Miami lawyer whom I know slightly to do some digging but he took a look at the case and was so horrified he wanted to have nothing to do with any of the participants. IMPORTANT: this Charles who joined in 2010 may just be a conincidence but without some spade work we will never know.

all the best Kidon Gadol.

Attachments

• Charles_FL_DRIVER_Meetup.JPG
    Charles_FL_DRIVER_Meetup.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 22
INteresting data . Will analyse in due course. This crappy website interface has lost some of my unsaved txt and I am not particularly happy about that ... regards, KG.

Attachments

• AKM_Murder2.JPG
    AKM_Murder2.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 50
  • AKM_Murder1.JPG
    AKM_Murder1.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 43
commentary on what is going on in those Charge sheet docuements from the FSP above - IN document 2, Magbanua is being charge as if she physically shot Markel. Why so - the prosecutors want to make this a murder one charge with a potential death penalty if she is convicted. That provides a lot of weight in pre trial negotiations or sentencing negotiations but by the time it gets to sentencing it might be all over red rover - in that case she'd have to try to file an appeal against a death penalty - NOT a NICE postition to be in. AS for Document one it shows that up until the last minute the police had the option of the lesser charges - this cleary shows they were open to negotiation in reward for testimony leading to the inditement of Charles Adelson but clearly nothing of that type happened. The question going forward is whether the police and prosecutors will use the same techniques. The danger is that if she gets convicted of murder 2, given her level of involvement (alleged) she might get a defacto sentence of 5 years after remissions. But she's already done close to that. There is damn little incentive to turn State witness for her in such circumstances. I hope the FSP or the prosecutor post the Statement of Claim against Magbanua early on in the next prosecution because it will be very interesting to compare the earlier charge sheet and the later one. I predict Indictment Mark II will have a lot more data about doings and calls on the day of the 17th, the day before the murder when S. Garcia and KM discussed calling the stakeout off for the day after the Prius and the killers (as convicted) were spotted By W J Adelson near Professor Markel's house. What happened then and what can be corroborated with Rivera's testimony is critical in getting a conviction against K. Magbanua. regards, KidonGadol

If I was HA, DA, CA - I'd already be long gone and living in luxury in Morocco. No extradition treaty with the US.

What's the status on KM's new trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member