CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, suspicion does not equate to probable cause just as promising to exchange a freezer with another family member in advance of an adult going missing.

More important is we don't have the details behind LE's investigation-- for a good reason! Given that a search warrant is valid for 10 days, we also don't know what date it was issued. We do know that it was executed after business hours which is telling in itself.

Yes, I understand that. My thought, though, is about the timeframe and investigatory measures regarding a suspicious missing person who argued with her husband the day she disappeared, made an appt with a divorce attorney, wasn't reported to family or LE, repairs in the home, fighting for over a year, worrying text messages, plus any other possible reasons not made public, etc. I wonder what information was used to grant the search warrant for the 23rd, and if a lot of it was info that just became public, why wasn't one granted sooner? I'm sure LE didn't wait until the end of that 10 days to execute said warrant.

I know LE can't and won't always release information, I also know there's a lot we don't know, but I will question things until something happens. I don't have blind faith in LE, I'm sure things are happening, but until the public sees progress I'll probably be a bit more critical than others. Especially after reading all this new info about LM and how it does seem like maybe there's a threat to the kids and possibly the community if he's as unstable as those messages seem. I can only imagine what it's like for the children now after seeing how controlling he was with Maya.

Last edited:
One would have to think that LE is keeping an eye on LM at this juncture. I know they say there are no suspects blah blah blah, but common sense tells us that there is someone on radar even before these new pieces of information came to light.

I'm not sure LM would leave the country. It sounds like his whole family is here. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I'm also not so sure how easy it would be to fly internationally with Covid still wreaking havoc everywhere.

Just some thoughts.
Of course he is only 20 mins from the Mexican border...

I'm more concerned about him completely losing it vs. fleeing TBH.

Amateur opinion and speculation

one excerpt that was new to me was - During Tuesday’s “Crime Stories” episode, it was revealed that the door to the room Larry Millete claimed his wife locked herself in could only be locked from the outside.

wow, obvious red flag. Hopefully that was true and CVPD followed up on that major tidbit.

MOO

one excerpt that was new to me was - During Tuesday’s “Crime Stories” episode, it was revealed that the door to the room Larry Millete claimed his wife locked herself in could only be locked from the outside.

wow, obvious red flag. Hopefully that was true and CVPD followed up on that major tidbit.

MOO
Does this mean he locked her in that room?
a030.gif

this case is heating up quickly. i hope this leak heats up pressure but does not jeopardize the case. I hope CVPD has evidence they arent talking about.
its heating up so fast! honestly, I can't seem to care as much about the case until they get the dang babies out of his grip!!! The kids are in danger every second. I actually wish we had less info... what we see, he sees.
get them out, YESTERDAY

MOO

Interesting! And scary. Doesn’t that contradict the Billy Little, Jr. account, though?

““When I went to the bedroom, I immediately noticed a hole – probably 10 inches long by about 6 to 8 inches tall – rectangular shaped; that had been freshly repaired. It was right by the handle. There was a lock on the inside of the door,” recalled Little. (Bolded by me)

“Let’s say the door is locked and you wanted to break in the door or get through the door. You could punch through that hole, reach through the other side, and unlock the door from the other side,” he said.”

Attorney describes walk-through of Maya Millete’s South Bay house | cbs8.com

Wow, the family clearly had enough, they kept all these info back hoping for LE to act quickly for the safety of the children but nothing happened!
His parents were with him after she went missing, hopefully they are still there looking after the kids. So worrying! Having all this info out definitely puts them in danger, I'm so worried!
I wish LE would get some charges on him to keep him locked up, those witnesses and claims about hiring a hitman should be enough one would think MOO.
He might talk more behind bars and the children would be safe JMO

Well worth watching. It's true what the ex-detective says that these cases take time, and CVPD has guarded the integrity of this case from their end. However, disturbing info has leaked out, and it adds up to this looking like a homicide case.

I can imagine how frustrated Maya's family feels. Imagine getting pat answers for three months. First off, I think the family realizes CVPD is not going to be able to bring Maya home "safely" like Chief Kennedy says in her statement below.

MOO, it looks like a homicide case. Suspicious behavior and blatant, disturbing details. There's been those RED FLAGS that I'm sure the family told LE about from Day One. Trying to be patient and let LE do their work. In the meantime, everyone is extremely worried and concerned about the children's safety. I have read hundreds of posts voicing concern for the children to be removed from possible danger. Praying this doesn't go on much longer. All MOO.
upload_2021-4-7_1-36-8.png

Interesting! And scary. Doesn’t that contradict the Billy Little, Jr. account, though?

““When I went to the bedroom, I immediately noticed a hole – probably 10 inches long by about 6 to 8 inches tall – rectangular shaped; that had been freshly repaired. It was right by the handle. There was a lock on the inside of the door,” recalled Little. (Bolded by me)

“Let’s say the door is locked and you wanted to break in the door or get through the door. You could punch through that hole, reach through the other side, and unlock the door from the other side,” he said.”

Attorney describes walk-through of Maya Millete’s South Bay house | cbs8.com
i know, you're right. UNLESS Maya did make that hole, just to get out!

MOO

From Chris' Youtube Community page.

The Interview Room
1 day ago
Maya Millete's case is heating up ... in a good way. As noted a few days ago, I mentioned that things were progressing for the positive. We have to be mindful of her children. Chula Vista Police Department just released a statement that I believe underscores the pressure on them and the community. We must continue to be patient, smart and stay the course in finding justice for Maya, her children, and her family.

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgyOnpyB3yXEZoxDX014AaABCQ

I believe the comment about the master bedroom door was misunderstood. Sure, it locked from the outside with a key but the interior door was most likely operable with a doorknob and manual, keyless lock.

Mr. Little described the hole in the door as a typical break-in when the key is missing and the door unlocked from the inside.

I just can't believe CVPD wouldn't see all these red flags from Day 1.
I think all this new info came out intentionally with the knowledge and support of LE. Perhaps they need to put pressure on that relative hoping for a confession etc.
The house was clearly cleaned, tidied, patched up and aired before alerting LE. All neighbors and relatives told LE from day 1 what they knew and what we are only hearing about now. I'm sure LE was hoping they'd find her body by now but I think they are getting ready for a no body arrest.
Just my hopes and opinion

I just can't believe CVPD wouldn't see all these red flags from Day 1.
I think all this new info came out intentionally with the knowledge and support of LE. Perhaps they need to put pressure on that relative hoping for a confession etc.
The house was clearly cleaned, tidied, patched up and aired before alerting LE. All neighbors and relatives told LE from day 1 what they knew and what we are only hearing about now. I'm sure LE was hoping they'd find her body by now but I think they are getting ready for a no body arrest.
Just my hopes and opinion
I don't think LE supported the info being shared. In MOO, it potentially amplifies the risk to the children. I do agree that there will be a no body arrest....soon we hope.

I thought the "blood" turned out to be red candle wax? None the less creepy, although one of our posters upthread shared that these type of "shrines" are customary in Filipino culture. I have no idea about that, so perhaps others can weigh in who are knowledgeable.
If, in fact, this is red candle wax, the portrayal is a bit misleading and sensational, IMO. There is no need for media to sensationalize the aspects of this case; they are already sensational on their own merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members