FL FL - Sumter Co, 'Little Miss Panasoffkee', WhtFem 17-24, 470UFFL, Feb'71

i grew up in central FL, Winter Garden, east of Sumter Co. I lived there from birth thru age 21. we definitely wore long pants often. We did have some chilly days during the winter where long pants and a jacket were needed. Mostly in the early morning or evening, but they were definitely needed and worn. These days people wear shorts year around, much more so than back in the early 70s.
I found some women’s fashion from 1970 and reminds me what she was wearing. So I think she was in fashion for the time.
70s Fashion | What Did Women Wear in the 1970s?

Last edited:
i grew up in central FL, Winter Garden, east of Sumter Co. I lived there from birth thru age 21. we definitely wore long pants often. We did have some chilly days during the winter where long pants and a jacket were needed. Mostly in the early morning or evening, but they were definitely needed and worn. These days people wear shorts year around, much more so than back in the early 70s.
I found some women’s fashion from 1970 and reminds me what she was wearing. So I think she was in fashion for the time.
https://vintagedancer.com/1970s/1970s-fashion-history/
Exactly! I'm not sure which of this hairstyles (if what she was found with) are accurate either. Is she 17? 24? Pick something please!
I think I would go with hair style # 3 , 4 and 5 for that era.

She may also be Native or multiracial. In fact, her initial ethnicity estimate said she was White or Native.

We desperately need some DNA on this lady, there will not be much progress in her case otherwise.
I've seen her skull, her teeth are shovel shaped. I'm no anthropologist, but I did take some anatomy classes in HS. I remember being taught that shovel shaped incisors are commonly associated with Native American race/heritage

That is true. While in ethnicity estimate generally there are many individual variations and deviations from the norm, shovel shaped incisors are pretty much only frequently found in people of Native American and East Asian descent. It is very uncommon in Europeans and Africans. Happens occasionally, but it is rare.

Good call! I believe that is what steered the initial autopsy towards her being Native or mixed Native. Her overall facial shape would also fit into that theory. Somehow, the initial observation often is the most accurate, e.g. the Sumter Does initially were believed to be American, until the Canada and Argentina theories derailed everything.

I am not saying LMLP was not Greek, but I think broadening the view does not hurt. Any missing Native ladies around that time and area?

I've seen her skull, her teeth are shovel shaped. I'm no anthropologist, but I did take some anatomy classes in HS. I remember being taught that shovel shaped incisors are commonly associated with Native American race/heritage

Does anyone else think this may have been a murder from the result of escalating domestic violence? The ring pointing to her being married is hinting at that to me. Although I suppose her husband could have tried to report her missing and have had it turned down, but...

Does anyone else think this may have been a murder from the result of escalating domestic violence? The ring pointing to her being married is hinting at that to me. Although I suppose her husband could have tried to report her missing and have had it turned down, but...
It’s seems so! In my opinion, the belt found around her neck supports it.

It could mean anything. Maybe a SK thought it would make her look like she hung herself from a tree nearby.

That's my theory as well.

I don’t know if they have ever checked if Denise Sheehy was ever a match. She kind of reminds me of the sketch.
Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP5533Denise Sheehy, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactJuly 7, 1970
Missing FromQueens, New York

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Map-of-the-Pb-concentration-in-the-United-States-Air-Force-Academy-USAFA-cadets-crown (1).png
I'm no isotope expert, but this map of Pb levels in the US shows high levels in South Florida (where she was found). Maybe she was from the area and that would explain the high Pb level?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back