Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted on the main thread but forgot to post here that my husband and I made our appointments last week for our vaccinations on May 3. That will be a little over the 90 days we are required to wait since our monoclonal antibody infusions in late January.

We did it online, so I’ll check the week before to make sure there will be vaccine available. We were within two weeks of being eligible here in Oregon when we got Covid, so I don’t want to miss out.

Our daughter and her husband (age 50) got their first shots in San Diego last week.

ETA: I forgot to mention that my husband is 76 and I’m 75 FWIW. :D

Last edited:
I had my first (Astra Zenaca, I'm in the UK) a couple of weeks ago. I'm 35. Second one booked for June. The day afterwards I had a horrible headache, fever, extreme fatigue. Lasted two days and then all done. I'm glad I had it done and glad that most of my family have now had their first ones too.

Felt very emotional going in to get it!

In my 15 minute waiting period. They aid not to laminate the CDC card as ink on pasted labels will smear.

Also, the said hold off on my scheduled diagnostic mammogram 4-6 weeks as CDC told them inflamed lymph nodes are causing some folks to go twice. Dang!!!! My mammogram was done 3 days after the first shot!!! So I am one of those folks who are being asked to return based on lymph nodes reaction to vaccine!!!!

Indeed. I wrecked the joint when I got mine. Had an emotional surge sitting there and told the nurses what a great job they are doing. We were all blubbing when I left :D
I was very excited and grateful to my doctors office.

First shot took doughnuts, they loved them.

Second shot...upped my game, speciality doughnuts and muffins.

Doing for others always takes my "mind" off myself. I get caught up in the "feel good" of watching others enjoy.

Question re: vaccination records.

Will the pharmacies...CVS, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, the little local pharmacy on the corner keep vaccine records? If so, for how long and how would an individual obtain the records? What happens if a person misplaced their vaccine card?

I choose to get my vaccination at my doctors office and did ask ...will this be a part of my permanent medical record? The answer was yes. The nurse said 2/3s of the patients did not bring the original card back and they had to reissue the cards.

I know Virginia has a data base by individual name to record vaccine. I haven't found a doctors office, yet that actually inputs information. Per the website a voluntarily sign up by hospitals and physician practice and schools.Also haven't found a way to check if any of my any vaccinations were recorded.

https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/immunization/viis/

Last edited:
In my 15 minute waiting period. They aid not to laminate the CDC card as ink on pasted labels will smear.

Also, the said hold off on my scheduled diagnostic mammogram 4-6 weeks as CDC told them inflamed lymph nodes are causing some folks to go twice. Dang!!!! My mammogram was done 3 days after the first shot!!! So I am one of those folks who are being asked to return based on lymph nodes reaction to vaccine!!!!

Ugh! I so detest getting mammograms, that would probably put me in a tizzy.

Sorry that happened to you.

Will the pharmacies...CVS, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, the little local pharmacy on the corner keep vaccine records? If so, for how long and how would an individual obtain the records? What happens if a person misplaced their vaccine card?

I choose to get my vaccination at my doctors office and did ask ...will this be a part of my permanent medical record? The answer was yes. The nurse said 2/3s of the patients did not bring the original card back and they had to reissue the cards.

I know Virginia has a data base by individual name to record vaccine. I haven't found a doctors office, yet that actually inputs information. Per the website a voluntarily sign up by hospitals and physician practice and schools.Also haven't found a way to check if any of my any vaccinations were recorded.

I made a couple of copies of my vaccine card and filed them in my medical file in my office, since I didn't get my vaccine at my Dr.'s office.

I made a couple of copies of my vaccine card and filed them in my medical file in my office, since I didn't get my vaccine at my Dr.'s office.
I recently had to prove regular vaccinations like the MMR in order to enroll in some classes. I have no idea where my immunization records are, but I was able to go to a lab for a blood test that showed my immunity.

If a covid vax card is lost and vaccination needs to be proved in the future, perhaps anti-body tests would suffice. idk.

jmo

When registering for my COVID appointment at a pharmacy, I was asked to provide my PCP's name and given the option to check a box if I wanted a copy of the vaccine record sent to him.

When registering for my COVID appointment at a pharmacy, I was asked to provide my PCP's name and given the option to check a box if I wanted a copy of the vaccine record sent to him.
Good to know.

In Virginia we have opened vaccine to all over 16. VA is offering vaccine to students, and lots of the students are out of state. I'm hoping we have a good record system, as some colleges are requiring vaccinations to attend in person class, in the fall semester. It could be an issue if transferring schools.

NY opened up vaccines to ages 16 and up today. My 20-something kids are now playing the frustrating game of scheduling an appointment.

I think the scheduling system is for the birds, but I'll be happy when they get their vaccinations, which they eventually will.

I'm ready for all this to be over. Really, really ready. Really. Ready.

jmo

I received my first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine this morning. I feel fine. I was given a handout with the list of possible side effects and they were also explained to me verbally. I would have preferred Pfizer or Moderna but this is all I can get at my age where I live.

Just a note, follow up on my Pfizer vaccine 2 weeks ago. This is interesting, my Kindle app keeps track of my reading. I had not missed any days of reading in 203 days...the week after my shot, I missed three days of reading. Wow. Even I couldn't believe that.

I cleaned out the fridge last weekend, threw away a ton of food, because I just couldn't cook that week. No go.

As of today, I am completely vaccinated against Covid. My first shot was March 3, second shot March 24. Today marks two weeks since my second dose. DH is a day behind, so he'll be completely vaccinated tomorrow. With cases picking up in Michigan, we are both glad to have been vaccinated as soon as we were eligible.

Don't get caught without your shot :)

So lovely to read about you all being so happy and emotional to be vaccinated! I should be eligible for my first vaccination some time between August and October according to the most recent (Irish) vaccine calculator I entered my details into, but the government are now suggesting June might a possibility for my age group with a new fast-tracked schedule. We'll see. I am not high risk and happy to wait while our more vulnerable population get their vaccinations first... but still, I am so looking forward to it! I'm glad you are all feeling such relief and able to resume doing at least some of the things you loved before all this happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow