MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #12 - Chauvin Trial Day 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a quick sidebar.... Judge is telling the jury the witness has asked the jury to do things, they do not have to do it, if they wish to do so, they can.

ETA: I hope we get a report about which jurors did and didn't.

This witness pretty much diminishes the claim that Chauvin couldn't handle Floyd because he was a small man weighing only 140 pounds, (or 180 including everything he was wearing.)

It also discounts Chauvin's claim that Floyd was "fighting them the whole time." He wasn't fighting the officers, he was fighting to breathe and to stay alive.

I don't know about that, it's hard to tell without having something to compare it to, like past cases.
Am I wrong that he has defended LE previously? Is this his "thing"?

If you rewind to when he was introduced on the stand, he said he has never done/testified in criminal cases before. Understand that many here are only following what is posted as they are at work!

It sounds like this witness is very engaging with the jury. Sounds like the defense asked the judge to tell the jury that they don’t need to do as the witness suggests... only if they wish too. I assume this is in reference to when the witness is telling them about what they feel on their necks.

Ha! There was just a side bar, and came back with the judge saying to jurors, if you want to try this example, you may if you wish. You don't have to.

In otherwords, folks in the jury room will be doing that floor game of when we were kids with the dots... darn what is that called. ahhhh, google says twister.

That is good that that instruction was given to the jury MOO

IMO, this witness is charming and intelligent, with an absolutely musical voice/ accent. When he said 'stuuurdy'
( mispelled on purpose) I giggled. If I was sitting in the jury box, I would have done the Hokey Pokey if he asked me to!

Comment during the break. I think that the prosecution has learned from soooooooooooo many cases that have video that it is important to give Exhibits that are timestamped etc. to the jury. Reason being, if it is a video that the jury wants to review in deliberations, they get to get hauled into court to review ONCE... in real time. vs. picking apart time screened shot exhibits.

FINALLY, prosecutions all across the US are catching up to this need for exhibits as such in jury deliberations to have access to.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member