CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else listen to the Crime Stories podcast? Right around the 35 minute mark
RD talks about the freezer, and says the family isn't sure it's the same one. I really hope it isn't; but you absolutely can't move a freezer alone. MOO

News 8 obtained an audio recording of the gunshots, which already has been turned over to Chula Vista Police.

The neighbor who provided News 8 the recording wanted to remain anonymous and did not want the video portion aired on TV because it identifies their house.

It was recorded around 10 p.m. on Thursday, January 7, the same night Maya went missing and the same night her husband, Larry Millete, reportedly had an argument with his wife.

News 8 caught up Thursday afternoon with Larry Millete's father, Benito, walking to the park with two of his grandchildren.

Investigative producer David Gotfredson asked him about all the speculation swirling around the missing person case.

“The speculation is, Maya say... go by herself, OK? Just like the first statement, right?” the grandfather said.

News 8 also asked Benito Millete about the ongoing search for Maya.

“The family of Maya is looking for a dead body. We're still waiting,” he said.
6 bangs, sounding like gunshots heard night Maya Millete missing | cbs8.com

Last edited:
News 8 obtained an audio recording of the gunshots, which already has been turned over to Chula Vista Police...
:eek: OMG! I only just read your post, not the news video yet. This is so upsetting to me. How can the children not know something was going on if there were gun shots "in the neighborhood"? Sick to hear this.

News 8 obtained an audio recording of the gunshots, which already has been turned over to Chula Vista Police.

The six, loud bangs can be heard on the recording over a period of 20 seconds.

First, a cluster of five bangs can be heard, then a dog starts barking in the neighborhood. Then, there is a 10-second gap, followed by a final bang.

The neighbor who provided News 8 the recording wanted to remain anonymous and did not want the video portion aired on TV because it identifies their house.

It was recorded around 10 p.m. on Thursday, January 7, the same night Maya went missing and the same night her husband, Larry Millete, reportedly had an argument with his wife.

News 8 caught up Thursday afternoon with Larry Millete's father, Benito, walking to the park with two of his grandchildren.

Investigative producer David Gotfredson asked him about all the speculation swirling around the missing person case.

“The speculation is, Maya say... go by herself, OK? Just like the first statement, right?” the grandfather said.

News 8 also asked Benito Millete about the ongoing search for Maya.

Omg, this is absolutely chilling!
Six 6! loud bangs sounded like gunshots on same night MM & LM argued and Maya hasn’t been seen by anyone since?! Kids heard outside playing around same time as loud bangs/gunshots going off?! Could be wrong, but I don’t think this is just coincidence.

The homes in the neighborhood look fairly close together, I’m amazed if nearby neighbor(s) didn’t hear the bangs sounding like gunshots and call the police that night. Maybe they heard, thought it was something else so didn’t report? I’d imagine it would’ve been a very messy scene to clean up afterwards too. Wow.
Poor Maya, her poor children, and her family. I can’t imagine how they will be feeling after hearing this. :(

Hoping and praying LE are close and Maya is located soon.

IMHOO

Last edited:
I didn't watch/listen to the video (too stomach-wrenching for me), but is it even possible to clean up every tiny shred of evidence of a shooting, especially inside a home? I'm no expert, by any means, but I'm thinking not!

How has there not been an arrest?!?

Those kids ... OMG. They probably heard it all. :(:mad:

...News 8 also asked Benito Millete about the ongoing search for Maya.

Thanks for posting the latest.
Waiting for the dead body to be found? :oops: LM's father is so casual, to say the least, about his daughter-in-law of 21 years being gone for three months now. Then, he mentions a dead body in front of her children.

I posted last night on here that the parents were probably staying to care for the kids. The only thing is they may be influencing the children to remain distant from Maya's side of the family. (cause they're the ones looking for a dead body and our side is just waiting?)

I don't know, six shots is over doing it, and would leave such a mess. All MOO.

...The homes in the neighborhood look fairly close together, I’m amazed that neighbors nearby didn’t hear the gunshots and call the police that night. Maybe they heard, thought it was something else?... Wow.
Excellent point-- why didn't any neighbors call the Police. Gosh, I wish they did. Can LE demand to look through the house if gun shots are reported? Probably not without a search warrant. That'd be a big clean up and we know LM was beach going early the next day. It sounded like gun shots, but maybe it really was something else? :(

January 7 is known as Orthodox Christmas - whether or not observed in family's culture unknown....

I don't know if those sounds are gunshots but I did not hear any voices which I think would be expected during a domestic argument.

Also, didn't LM previously tell others he was cleaning his gun during the weekend after having admittedly fired his weapon?

IMO, CBS/8 needs to be put on blast for approaching the Millete family member when minor children were present. That really disgusts me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he was using the gun to scare maya? Maybe he uses it to make her compliant and then tied her up and locked her in the room until later that night?
When she didn’t change her mind about the divorce, he killed/hurt her at 2:45 am and moved the body.

Thanks for posting the latest.
Waiting for the dead body to be found? :oops: LM's father is so casual, to say the least, about his daughter-in-law of 21 years being gone for three months now. Then, he mentions a dead body in front of her children.

I posted last night on here that the parents were probably staying to care for the kids. The only thing is they may be influencing the children to remain distant from Maya's side of the family. (cause they're the ones looking for a dead body and our side is just waiting?)

I don't know, six shots is over doing it, and would leave such a mess. All MOO.
Yikes, yea i agree. that is so wrong saying dead body in front of the grandkids. Are they really MM's kids? I would assume LM wouldnt want his kids out in the open, where reporters can come right up and bother them or ask them questions.

I can also understand broken filipino english, ( I have a filipino grandad that sounds like him). I think he means they (LM's family) are staying positive and think MM will just come waltzing back safe, while portraying MM's family negatively by saying they gave up all hope and just looking for a body. There's definitely tension between the two families. All i can say is parents will always protect/defend their kids no matter how bad the situation is.. and Papa Millete is doing that.
MOO

Maybe he was using the gun to scare maya? Maybe he uses it to make her compliant and then tied her up and locked her in the room until later that night?
When she didn’t change her mind about the divorce, he killed/hurt her at 2:45 am and moved the body.

Why is this footage even coming out 3 months later. LE said they searched through 1000 hrs of footage... and no other camera in the neighborhood caught these bangs?!

MOO

January 8 is known as Orthodox Christmas - whether or not observed in family's culture unknown....

I don't know if those sounds are gunshots but I did not hear any voices which I think would be expected during a domestic argument.

Also, didn't LM previously tell others he was cleaning his gun during the weekend after having admittedly fired his weapon?

IMO, CBS/8 needs to be put on blast for approaching the Millete family member when minor children were present. That really disgusts me.
Right! Anything to get the "Exclusive: you can only get this on CBS news" scoop.. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea