Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re. Beach pics, it looks like you can see the Lincolnshire headland in the background across the sea, though that could just be sky. But yeah, Holme Dunes, Heacham, or somewhere around Hunstanton would be my guess. A popular day trip for people in Cambridgeshire.

Re. Beach pics, it looks like you can see the Lincolnshire headland in the background across the sea, though that could just be sky. But yeah, Holme Dunes, Heacham, or somewhere around Hunstanton would be my guess. A popular day trip for people in Cambridgeshire.

Not sure why but have a feeling on Holkham Beach.

My thoughts on body location are that the original searches in locations around the A16, such as Cowbit, must have been based on BW's mobile phone ping data at a time during or shortly after the Police believe she is likely to have been murdered. This will have been after dark and at a location familiar to ScW, perhaps from childhood, family outings or work, i.e. a secluded location where he would have a good mental map in the dark.

My thoughts on body location are that the original searches in locations around the A16, such as Cowbit, must have been based on BW's mobile phone ping data at a time during or shortly after the Police believe she is likely to have been murdered. This will have been after dark and at a location familiar to ScW, perhaps from childhood, family outings or work, i.e. a secluded location where he would have a good mental map in the dark.
Sunset was 21:13 on Saturday 18th July 2020 and it was the last stages of a waning moon, so a dark night, with astronomical twilight (the darkest part) between 11pm and 3 am.

I'm a new member on here but have been following this case intently since the first missing person appeal.

I believe BW is dead, was dead before the date/time her parents claimed last sighting, that ScW was abussive to his family and coerced SaW into her actions which she will later rely on in mitigation. I think the motive was sexual and in the moment a 'crime of passion', and that BW is buried in a field somewhere close to a minor road leading off the A16.

Like many on here who have examined all of the social media sources available about the family, it is hard for us all to comprehend that this beautiful, clever, creative and deepthinking young woman could have been murdered by a close family member who she relied on for much of her life to keep her safe. She seems so alive in her social media footprint that will live on for many years if not decades to come. I've been deeply affect by this story as I know many have. My thoughts are with her surviving siblings and friends. I hope justice will be served and that her remains will eventually be found.

Just my opinion and thoughts.

Welcome :)

BBM - It may be Scott up on a murder charge but, I don't think that Sarah was the one being coerced. I think she was the one in charge of the relationship and he followed orders (not to kill Bernadette, just in general I mean).

Welcome :)

BBM - It may be Scott up on a murder charge but, I don't think that Sarah was the one being coerced. I think she was the one in charge of the relationship and he followed orders (not to kill Bernadette, just in general I mean).

That is always a possibility. They may even have been a 'folie à deux'.
<modsnip - referencing family member’s FB> I don't believe there was an intention to kill but a mix of anger and passion is possible. SCW and BW were spending a lot of time together, including college and both were photographers, whilst SaW was pregnant and looking after a new born. There is no statement that I can find that SaW was present in the car that night.

Early reports said that she 'ran from' the family car in Skater's Avenue, Walton. This must have been a mistake as there is no such road. Skater's Way is in nearby Werrington, at the end of which is Cuckoos Hollow. The Police searched Cuckoos Hollow in November. What or who was she running from? The Police obviously think it was ScW. I suspect Cuckoos Hollow was referenced by ScW in his story because he believed he had or may have been seen there with BW. There may even have been a scene there.

People who kill loved ones tend to bury them or otherwise conceal them and in places that they feel are safe and secure, even when in panic. In the general area of the searches, apart from arable farming, it's angling, horses, caravans. Perhaps the Police should be asking friends and family where his favourite places were.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new facebook page set up to find BW I find problematic: Facebook Groups

It claims that her Mother is offering £5,000 'on her finding'. This looks like a smokescreen aimed at convincing the wider world that her Mother thinks BW is still alive. That it is only £5,000 makes me, as a father of girls, shake my head. I would give everything I have, include the clothes that I stand in, for the safe return of a missing daughter of mine, yet such a small sum, the price of a cheap used car, has been offered here.

I genuinely mourn for their loss (but more so for the human being that was BW) but there is a weird delusion pervading this family. She had nowhere to run to, had no money, had no history of being self-sufficient, was very young, was very active on social media but now silent, and there are no signs that she is alive. It is deeply, deeply sad. I wouldn't want to be on this jury. I spent mine on a wildlife crime which was relatively easy.

Last edited:
That is always a possibility. They may even have been a 'folie à deux'. However, the son's facebook page early on in the appeals for BW has a comment from him that ScW had become abusive to the family in the past few years, or words to that effect. I don't believe there was an intention to kill but a mix of anger and passion is possible. SCW and BW were spending a lot of time together, including college and both were photographers, whilst SaW was pregnant and looking after a new born. There is no statement that I can find that SaW was present in the car that night.

Early reports said that she 'ran from' the family car in Skater's Avenue, Walton. This must have been a mistake as there is no such road. Skater's Way is in nearby Werrington, at the end of which is Cuckoos Hollow. The Police searched Cuckoos Hollow in November. What or who was she running from? The Police obviously think it was ScW. I suspect Cuckoos Hollow was referenced by ScW in his story because he believed he had or may have been seen there with BW. There may even have been a scene there.

People who kill loved ones tend to bury them or otherwise conceal them and in places that they feel are safe and secure, even when in panic. In the general area of the searches, apart from arable farming, it's angling, horses, caravans. Perhaps the Police should be asking friends and family where his favourite places were.

I think perhaps you've missed out on some interesting, enlightening, information.

That is always a possibility. They may even have been a 'folie à deux'.
<modsnip - referencing family member’s FB> I don't believe there was an intention to kill but a mix of anger and passion is possible. SCW and BW were spending a lot of time together, including college and both were photographers, whilst SaW was pregnant and looking after a new born. There is no statement that I can find that SaW was present in the car that night.

Be crazy if Bernadette turned out to be in Cuckoo's Hollow this whole time. Implausible, but we've seen stranger things happen in crime documentaries. My friend who was involved in the initial search was told by the mother that ScW was driving around searching in the evenings. Makes it sound like he was out on his own in the car.

Be crazy if Bernadette turned out to be in Cuckoo's Hollow this whole time. Implausible, but we've seen stranger things happen in crime documentaries. My friend who was involved in the initial search was told by the mother that ScW was driving around searching in the evenings. Makes it sound like he was out on his own in the car.
Cuckoos Hollow would have been the first place I would have searched given that is is at the end of the road where it is claimed that she was last seen alive.

You have a parent who kills a child family member, panics and needs to conceal a body. A stranger might choose an abandoned drain but a family member would choose burial in a familiar location. ScW had 3 days to make this secure and undiscoverable.

'Step' parent ... though Scott and Sarah have never married.

You have a parent who kills a child family member, panics and needs to conceal a body. A stranger might choose an abandoned drain but a family member would choose burial in a familiar location. ScW had 3 days to make this secure and undiscoverable.

you don't know what any parent or step parent would do though....you are just guessing here like the rest of us are

theres no script to follow....who says burial in a familiar location has happened?Also,SW was into urban exploration via his photography hobby, so would be aware of abandoned places in and around Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks