Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
...It broke my heart when the facts came out that BM had described AM's (Suzannes' brother) efforts to look for his baby sister as a 'publicity stunt'.
Cold and cruel.
MOO.
It showed BM's true colors. If BM was truly concerned about his wife's disappearance, he would have welcomed any help that he could get to find her.

If I were Andy, I would have kept receipts of every expense of everyone and submitted them to the G F M account for reimbursement. I know that he wouldn't have been reimbursed. I would then have loved Andy to tell the public what he did and that he was either ignored by the fund manager or tell the excuse for why he was not reimbursed for his efforts to find his sister.

Isn't that one of the reasons listed on the fund? I mean, this family has more money than most families. So, surely, they didn't use it for their own personal expenses. If they secretly used it to find SM, I'd sure like to know what they (unsuccessfully) did. Oh, I almost forgot, BM probably used the money for the trail cameras to keep the searchers off of his property...

It showed BM's true colors. If BM was truly concerned about his wife's disappearance, he would have welcomed any help that he could get to find her.

If I were Andy, I would have kept receipts of every expense of everyone and submitted them to the G F M account for reimbursement. I know that he wouldn't have been reimbursed. I would then have loved Andy to tell the public what he did and that he was either ignored by the fund manager or tell the excuse for why he was not reimbursed for his efforts to find his sister.

Isn't that one of the reasons listed on the fund? I mean, this family has more money than most families. So, surely, they didn't use it for their own personal expenses. If they secretly used it to find SM, I'd sure like to know what they (unsuccessfully) did. Oh, I almost forgot, BM probably used the money for the trail cameras to keep the searchers off of his property...
You are probably right!! UGH Barry makes my blood boil! He's got more money now then he knows what to do with...

MOO

Boy... what I wouldn't give to have a sit down with MG and see what she has to say about all this, since she's the alleged source of this whole 4am/truck comment.
I think we all might be a little surprised at her answers, if that were to happen.
Maybe one of these days?

jmo

RSBM

Well, he kind of does have at least some inside info, since clearly, the only place he could have received that info about the 4am truck sound, was directly from LS, who interviewed MG. (Unless of course he phoned MG and they had a friendly little chat themselves, but I tend to doubt that).

She (LS) knows a heck of a lot more about what's been said by the major players in this case. Most of it has never made it into the public arena either on fox21 or her own social media pages. So when CM said that while LS sitting right there, and she never refuted it, it made sense to me it was something MG actually did say. But technically, it's still just heresay.

jmo

This info is all on Nancy Grace podcast Oct 7,2021 -
https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/crime-stories-with/bombshell-suzanne-morphew-EcfUnFBZ-ky/

Nancy is chatting with Chris, Mike and Lauren about the time line - it is near the end of the podcast.
Chris talks about how it was mentioned to Lauren by MG that BM's truck was heard by MG outside her place at 4 am Sunday and Mike also goes in to it - Lauren is right there. Nancy talks about well how does the coworker know the sound of the truck etc . Important to remember that I believe Lauren spoke to MG for an hour and a half, so there are obvi lots of things that never made the news she may have shared with Chris and Mike we have not heard before. Hopefully she also shared with LE. Just my opinion of course -

This info is all on Nancy Grace podcast Oct 7,2021 -
https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/crime-stories-with/bombshell-suzanne-morphew-EcfUnFBZ-ky/

Nancy is chatting with Chris, Mike and Lauren about the time line - it is near the end of the podcast.
Chris talks about how it was mentioned to Lauren by MG that BM's truck was heard by MG outside her place at 4 am Sunday and Mike also goes in to it - Lauren is right there. Nancy talks about well how does the coworker know the sound of the truck etc . Important to remember that I believe Lauren spoke to MG for an hour and a half, so there are obvi lots of things that never made the news she may have shared with Chris and Mike we have not heard before. Hopefully she also shared with LE. Just my opinion of course -

I'll just say this... Many folks can recognize the purr and rumble of familiar vehicles that are in their lives. Dogs can, as well. I suspect MG would know the sound of Barry's vehicle, having worked with him over time. I give her a degree of credibility.

Whoever made SM disappear, has outrun the CCSO, the CBI, and the FBI. He had a good head start, but that gap should have closed by now. What’s the problem, is he just too smart?
I've considered someone may have had help after the fact.
Making finding Suzanne that much more difficult.
Imo.

I'll just say this... Many folks can recognize the purr and rumble of familiar vehicles that are in their lives. Dogs can, as well. I suspect MG would know the sound of Barry's vehicle, having worked with him over time. I give her a degree of credibility.
Agreed.
It seems like someone known to MG was a very busy little bee that weekend.
Eventually we might know more about that, and other details -- and it can't come soon enough.

The strange 'note' about what Suzanne was last wearing (baby blue bike helmet, biking clothes, etc. ) ... so vague.
And then his saying that he last saw Suzanne in bed when he supposedly left for work at 5am.
So she would've not only not been wearing her biking attire but he didn't know if she actually went on a bike ride at all.
Well BM ?
Which is it ?

MOO

I wonder in all his 3, 30 hours of interviews with LE, if any of them ever said:

"So Barry, why didn't you call 911 to report your wife missing, instead of asking your neighbor to do it?"

I'd really love to hear his answer for that.

If it were me, I'd never dream of asking the neighbor to make that call.
That'd be on me, all the way.

Maybe one day we'll know.

I wonder in all his 3, 30 hours of interviews with LE, if any of them ever said:

"So Barry, why didn't you call 911 to report your wife missing, instead of asking your neighbor to do it?"

I'd really love to hear his answer for that.

If it were me, I'd never dream of asking the neighbor to make that call.
That'd be on me, all the way.

Maybe one day we'll know.
True. You can't call 911 for a place from out of the area, but you can call the Sheriff direct and get patched over to 911.

Last edited:
If BM was truly concerned about his wife's disappearance, he would have welcomed any help that he could get to find her.
Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

And that is the second correct question.

Some points of interest stand out more than others.
1) Vocally accusing LE of messing up the evidence. Really? Your best idea out of the box is to antagonize LE? Oh no, that won't throw up any red flags.... Add the whole "cat" nonsense to that gem.
2) Putting up trail cams after the fact when there were already security cameras that could have been re-activated. No clear reason they were not working, notably if BM was concerned about the safety of his family. What in fact was BM really watching for? What changed?
3) Not being in the face of reporters and local officials demanding every possible resource be brought to bear in finding his wife. Lack of concern or fear that evidence might be discovered before it could be disposed of?
4) If one person could be saved, she would have thought it was worth it (or words to that effect). What was worth that much? Why would SM think so?

Boy... what I wouldn't give to have a sit down with MG and see what she has to say about all this, since she's the alleged source of this whole 4am/truck comment.
I think we all might be a little surprised at her answers, if that were to happen.
Maybe one of these days?

jmo

The one thing I don't understand is why did MG up and move, has it ever been stated or released? Was she normally there over the summer months and back with her family in the winter? Why the sudden pack up and move, was the stress from questions? Stress from BM?

An interesting thing about the home security cameras. If they were indeed disabled, it pretty clearly points to the home being the crime scene.

We know the home came with installed security when the M’s moved in. So if it was working while they lived there but not working during the weekend SM went missing, it’s pretty easy to figure out that the crime occurred there.

I’d imagine that would have been crucial information for obtaining multiple search warrants.

The one thing I don't understand is why did MG up and move, has it ever been stated or released? Was she normally there over the summer months and back with her family in the winter? Why the sudden pack up and move, was the stress from questions? Stress from BM?

IMO, she moved because of fear. If I recall, she is originally from the Salida area.

i think they’re waiting until a certain important witness turns 18 in August to see what she has to say...
There’s no reason, as of yet, to interview or question either daughter. And one of them is already over 18 so there is no “waiting” for anything.

An interesting thing about the home security cameras. If they were indeed disabled, it pretty clearly points to the home being the crime scene.

We know the home came with installed security when the M’s moved in. So if it was working while they lived there but not working during the weekend SM went missing, it’s pretty easy to figure out that the crime occurred there.

I’d imagine that would have been crucial information for obtaining multiple search warrants.
I’ve felt all along that the move to Colorado was step 1 in his plan to eliminate Suzanne. Move her away from family and her support system and wait for an opportunity. IMO he never had the system up and running. I don’t believe he would have been so stupid as to disable the cameras right before doing something criminal but ya just never know.

Agreed and this article was after she spoke out publicly. A lot of the SM pages just "looking for Suzanne" had been unmerciful in their accusations and doxing her and her children as early as May 22, they were brutal and unrelenting. The major downside to social media.

I'm SO glad rando social media & youtubery is not allowed here as a source for anything, other than where the trash is.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member