TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

Gumshoe has been Verified by Tricia as a case expert in Missy's case. We are aware of who Gumshoe is and any misperceptions related to a possible conflict of interest in his dealings with Brandon Bevers are absolutely unwarranted.

Some posts have been removed and I have modsnipped some of Gumshoe's posts to remove any questioning of his motives, and intentionally left his explanations that should allay any concerns about his dealings with BB.

Challenging a Verified member is not allowed. Any member who continues to cast any aspersions or doubt Gumshoe's way will be removed from this discussion.

Gumshoe is here to help find out what happened to Missy Bevers. Stay focused on the case, not on our Verified case expert.

Hope that clarifies.

Last edited:
I don’t know what all happened in the office area. The way it was put to me, room 17 was the “most disturbed” with nothing much said about the offices. That leads me to believe that SP didn’t do much other than stroll through that area. I do know for a fact that Creekside does NOT keep the Sunday offerings on site. So there was no bank deposit for SP to find, and that in my opinion is what they were looking for. I’ve come to believe that the reason SP gives up on the half-hearted effort to enter closet 1 is because they see the sign on the wall with the arrow pointing toward the offices. And maybe, just maybe, room 17 is the most disturbed because now they’ve grown increasingly frustrated at not finding the money after going thru the office area. So maybe they take the frustration out on a filing cabinet.

It's interesting that it sounds like the room with the prison ministry info may have been most disturbed. I have looked into these ministries a bit more and it sounds like those in this ministry would build relationships and pray with the prisoners. It doesn't sound like it is typically an academic arrangement. One of the prison ministry websites states the relationships you build are most important:

Here is an excerpt from one:
APPLICATION: OUR RELATIONAL MINISTRY TO PRISONERS MATTERS

While programming is important, nothing can replace the impact of the person-to-person connection we offer as volunteers. Even though trauma, shame, guilt, or distrust may warp prisoners' natural instincts for intimacy, we will see results as we patiently share the love of Christ with prisoners.

When you meet with your mentee for the first time, you will want to take a look at the current landscape of factors in the person’s life. For instance, does the person have a history of substance abuse? Do they have relationships in their lives that need healing and forgiveness? Do they lack spiritual maturity and need to grow in their relationship with God and in Christian community?

Hardwired to Connect - In-Prison Ministry - Prison Fellowship

I point that out because from what I have read they listen, build relationships and work on goals together. IF this is the same type of prison ministry used at CSideChurch, could those files have held info on prisoners goals, the forgiveness they seek in prayer, possible confessions in search of forgiveness, etc. Could there have been:
-info a prisoner wanted destroyed
or
-info someone was seeking on a current or former prisoner

chapter 4 talks a bit about correspondence:
https://reentry.org/Workbooks/Prison and Jail Training Manuals/HarvestManual.pdf

We have seen blinds in various rooms in pictures. However, we have no way of knowing what blinds, if any, would have been in use. We also know from the drive-by videos done a few weeks later that you could see the open interior door/connection from room 20 to room 19 through the window in Room 19. So, it is clear that every blind was not always used every time.

The point of all this is that from a behavioral analysis standpoint you would want to know as much as possible about where SP went, in what order, how much time spent in each place, what known activities in each place, did they revisit any location, etc. The more you know about the activities the more information you have in assessing either the suspect or what actually was going on (burglary/targeted/something else).

Let's say hypothetically that MPD has all the movements of SP and timings from CCoC cameras only. And, lets say SP did not go from door to door down the South hall and after entering room 20 and then went room to room until Room 16 using the interior access. Such a scenario leaves a gap of almost certainly many minutes without having any video to know how long was spent in any one of them. @Gumshoe Stories tells us that Room 17 was the most disturbed of the rooms so theoretically more time was spent there than the other rooms - but that doesn't mean that is true unless you could have some way of gauging time spent. So, if it hasn't been done already by MPD, I have suggested a way it could be done. Of course, if @Gumshoe Stories is not correct about automatic lighting in those rooms then it becomes much more difficult - but not impossible - to try and pick up the light from the headlamp through any of those windows (if the blinds aren't closed!) from the SWFA camera.

I don't need to know any of that information - though I would want it - but MPD does need it (even if they don't know it) because a behavioral analyst would certainly want to know it - if it were possible to obtain it and it does seem possible. The only thing that would be significant to me, regardless of how it is obtained, is if SP revisited any location prior to Missy's arrival and, of course, what location that was.

As for #2, if SP was at SWFA and this was a targeted murder rather than a burglary, then what went on at SWFA was a deliberate distraction. But on the second point, it is possible the person in the Altima had gone around there before in daylight, and almost certainly without any of the shenanigans we saw in the video. If that person had the intent to rob SWFA then it is likely they had been inside the store on one or more occasions earlier as well to get the lay of the land so that if or when they attempt a burglary they could get in and out quickly because unlike many churches it is a certainty that alarms will be tripped and police response will be rather rapid.

We need a reenactment. Did MPD or any other agency do one? Is the FBI still assisting the case?

-Nin

It's interesting that it sounds like the room with the prison ministry info may have been most disturbed. I have looked into these ministries a bit more and it sounds like those in this ministry would build relationships and pray with the prisoners. It doesn't sound like it is typically an academic arrangement. One of the prison ministry websites states the relationships you build are most important:

While programming is important, nothing can replace the impact of the person-to-person connection we offer as volunteers. Even though trauma, shame, guilt, or distrust may warp prisoners' natural instincts for intimacy, we will see results as we patiently share the love of Christ with prisoners.

When you meet with your mentee for the first time, you will want to take a look at the current landscape of factors in the person’s life. For instance, does the person have a history of substance abuse? Do they have relationships in their lives that need healing and forgiveness? Do they lack spiritual maturity and need to grow in their relationship with God and in Christian community?

I point that out because from what I have read they listen, build relationships and work on goals together. IF this is the same type of prison ministry used at CSideChurch, could those files have held info on prisoners goals, the forgiveness they seek in prayer, possible confessions in search of forgiveness, etc. Could there have been:
or

https://reentry.org/Workbooks/Prison and Jail Training Manuals/HarvestManual.pdf

Quite interesting! Thank you for the info.

-Nin

or

Actually, as I understand it, the church’s prison ministry has to do with Bible correspondence courses that inmates take through the church. So the files in room 17 would basically be the same kind of academic files that a college might keep on a student.

I inquired as to whether police investigated the scenario of SP’s motive somehow being connected to the prison ministry. @scoodyboo, I was told that they did take a look at that, but found nothing.

Actually, as I understand it, the church’s prison ministry has to do with Bible correspondence courses that inmates take through the church. So the files in room 17 would basically be the same kind of academic files that a college might keep on a student.

I inquired as to whether police investigated the scenario of SP’s motive somehow being connected to the prison ministry. @scoodyboo, I was told that they did take a look at that, but found nothing.

when you say academic- are you referring to XYZ has been sent Chapter 7, completed Chapter 6, etc. As in notes at that level being the extent of the files?

Edit to Add: curious if the completion of a chapter included a few questions to answer and send back based on the chapter etc.

Last edited:
when you say academic- are you referring to XYZ has been sent Chapter 7, completed Chapter 6, etc. As in notes at that level being the extent of the files?
I’m saying it’s actual courses being taught, grades being given, with advancement toward degrees of some kind. So the files would be personnel files with relevant personal data about the inmate, along with academic records like a syllabus for each class, possibly copies of graded tests, grade reports, etc.

I found this on the church’s site:

“Expanding the mission field into prisons, a team of volunteers manages a prison ministry supporting almost 500 people through a faith-based curriculum.”

Missions – Creekside Church

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

A spouse being out of town is only important when the spouse being killed is going to be killed AT HOME, where the surviving spouse would normally be! Since Missy was murdered elsewhere, Brandon could have been at home in his bed asleep and it wouldn’t have mattered. If someone were doing this on his behalf, they could literally have done it ANY weekend, not the one weekend he went on a fishing trip and had to abort. So getting him out of town is completely unimportant, other than the fact that his being out of town somehow seems suspicious to people who don’t bother to think through the logic of it.

<modsnip: Referenced info was removed>When I wavered on that was with the warrant that came to light for BWH. Well, his own former fellow officers submitted tips to MPD saying that had to be him in the outfit. And with his history, he checked TONS of boxes. So yes, I figured police were on the right track, until it turned out they weren’t. I also don’t believe they’re on the right track now, either. But other than BWH, I leaned toward untargeted then and I lean toward it now with an open mind if something new comes to light.

<modsnip: Referenced info was removed> ... a certain female Internet sleuth with mental health issues who created havoc in this case for years, including befriending Brandon until turning on him when he would not see validity in the crackpot conspiracy theories she espoused. So THAT is why he reached out with a FB message to let me know he appreciated a non-crazy approach to the case.
So, what track are the police on now and why do think it's not the right track?

So, what track are the police on now and why do think it's not the right track?
I can’t go further into detail about their current investigation while it’s ongoing. I believe that at some point they will move on, at which point I should be able to talk about it. I think it’s the wrong track because it just seems implausible with regard to the person and their theory of what the motive was. BWH at least made sense. But I will be more than happy to be wrong, so here is hoping that they are on the right path.

Warning. This individual may or may not be Missy's killer. If you prefer not to look at it closer, do not click to enlarge.

I have carefully isolated the image from one of my previous posts of the Nissan Altima driver from the SWFA Outdoors video. I have darkened all non important surrounding pixels including the possible hand and possible cell phone on the driver's left side, so the face is the only thing left.
The face itself including the eyes are untouched. I have continued to mark (emphasize) the same receding hairline on the individual's right side of the head as on his left side.

I think the result is stunning:

MB SWFA Driver.png
Click to enlarge

Disclaimer, I am not accusing the driver of the SWFA vehicle to be the murderer of Missy Terry Bevers. I am only contemplating the possibility of a connection due to circumstances like location, time, face covering, behavior but not limited to. Every person is considered innocent until proven guilty.

-Nin

Last edited:
One thing I've been pondering abut this case, is that it was definitely a "targeted" crime, no matter how you see it. The actual question is to identify the target.

The target was either MB or CCOC.

If the target was MB, then we ask ourselves who would have wanted to kill her? The possibilities are limited to people who knew her and had a reason to want her dead. This has been batted around, and went nowhere apparently.

If the target was CCOC, then we ask ourselves who would have wanted to break in, vandalize, rob the place? We haven't really considered this, but the possibilities on this end also become limited in some ways. The perp picked CCOC as a place to hit rather than all sorts of other options - for example, someone isn't likely to drive a long ways to do this, which limits the geography to some degree. There were certainly alternatives to break in and rob in other locations. Why would they have picked CCOC? I wonder what other limiters this target would create.

I’m saying it’s actual courses being taught, grades being given, with advancement toward degrees of some kind. So the files would be personnel files with relevant personal data about the inmate, along with academic records like a syllabus for each class, possibly copies of graded tests, grade reports, etc.

I found this on the church’s site:

“Expanding the mission field into prisons, a team of volunteers manages a prison ministry supporting almost 500 people through a faith-based curriculum.”

Missions – Creekside Church

This is why I was thinking it might be Biblical "Faith Based" curriculum. Oh well- it was just a possible avenue/motive for breaking into the church I thought I would toss out. Thanks again.

A few prisoners get permission to take for-credit correspondence courses offered by colleges or universities, although they have to pay tuition and keep up with class assignments they receive by mail. Some prisoners may also receive permission to take free or low-cost Bible correspondence courses offered by churches and other religious organizations.
FAQ: Prison Educational Programs - Prison Fellowship

Warning. This individual may or may not be Missy's killer. If you prefer not to look at it closer, do not click to enlarge.

I have carefully isolated the image from one of my previous posts of the Nissan Altima driver from the SWFA Outdoors video. I have darkened all non important surrounding pixels including the possible hand and possible cell phone on the driver's left side, so the face is the only thing left.
The face itself including the eyes are untouched. I have continued to mark (emphasize) the same receding hairline on the individual's right side of the head as on his left side.

View attachment 292429
Click to enlarge

Disclaimer, I am not accusing the driver of the SWFA vehicle to be the murderer of Missy Terry Bevers. I am only contemplating the possibility of a connection due to circumstances like location, time, face covering, behavior but not limited to. Every person is considered innocent until proven guilty.

-Nin
That's amazing Nin, great work. He looks a lot older than the guy I've been envisioning ... very interesting.

If SP went room to room on the south side through interior doors there won't be any video nor timing of how much time SP spent in each room. If I am reading your map correctly SP could move from room 20 to room 16 without ever coming back into the hall. The more they know about SP's activities the better off the investigation is overall. Did SP spend more time in one room than any other by a significant amount? Is there a room with valuables but SP barely passed through the room? If the lights are automatic and SP left a room and the light went off did it come on again (IE. did SP ever go back to a room)?
SP could move from room 20 to room 16 without ever coming back into the hall.
Literally, SP would eventually leave one of the rooms via a door leading into the hallway. So, yes. SP could rummage within those aforementioned areas without being seen on camera for however much time SP spent confined in Rooms 20-16.
If the lights are automatic and SP left a room and the light went off did it come on again
What? Are we positive the rooms' lights automatically turn on when someone enters the room? No. I don't think the lights were hi-tech but required an off and on switch, correct?

Overhead lights did not come on in Room 21 when SP experienced a Dutch Door unexpectedly or else the light would shine in the window which might alert someone passing by. Even with blinds closed at a window, overheads would illuminate the window from the exterior.

Besides, SP has lights! SP's wearing a GoPro, while maybe carrying a torch and what about a headlight on the cheap helmet. SPs lit up like a Christmas Tree and who knows what's in that vest with nearly useless small pockets except maybe a few screwdrivers and a pry bar.

Those prison ministry records maintained in Room 17 are intriguing. It's a possible reason for SP to spend time in that area rifling through the filing cabinet and whatnot.

But, what's causing the illumination across the floor in the S hallway? Was there not a lighted glass encased library with a nice chair facing the S hallway in April 2016 because there was a small lit library in July 2016?

I can’t go further into detail about their current investigation while it’s ongoing. I believe that at some point they will move on, at which point I should be able to talk about it. I think it’s the wrong track because it just seems implausible with regard to the person and their theory of what the motive was. BWH at least made sense. But I will be more than happy to be wrong, so here is hoping that they are on the right path.

Can LE discussed details with outside sources/investigators about ongoing cases?

To the best of my knowledge, nothing at all was taken. Not even the mystery object.

You mention filing cabinets. The room that was the most disturbed was a room containing files related to the church’s prison ministry. That’s not inside the offices. It’s a standalone room. But even though it was the most disturbed, nothing was actually taken.

It’s tough to guess what MPD will or won’t do. But I would guess that they will have something to say, for two reasons. One, they let the 4-year anniversary go by without acknowledgement, so it’s hard to imagine they would do that two years in a row and with the five year mark being a milestone. Second, the reward has just been increased from 40k to 140k, so that gives them something to publicize.

I am thrilled the Reward for Missy is now $140k. Pass a link so I can read about that wonderful highlight, please.

To the best of my knowledge, nothing at all was taken. Not even the mystery object.

How do you know the possibly white object SP carried was left behind at the CS when we don't even know what it is?

View attachment 292429
Click to enlarge

-Nin

Wow! Amazing work!

I am thrilled the Reward for Missy is now $140k. Pass a link so I can read about that wonderful highlight, please.

How do you know the possibly white object SP carried was left behind at the CS when we don't even know what it is?
There is no link yet on the reward increase.

It’s clear that SP leaves behind the object because when they’re breaking into room 9, they have it. When they come back around to the auditorium they no longer have it. That object is too large to fit in a pocket.

mb-swfa-driver-png.292429

361d4001-c932-4699-bf77-ea8e6f70e086-png.291395

2e7be373-189f-4352-95ba-fe5f05cfa632-jpeg.291394

images

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

@No it's not RSBM your post to pickup just your fantastic image for comparison to two of your other images posted on Thread#45 page#45 and the last image is from that same page posted by @Sillybilly hth

View attachment 292429
Click to enlarge

-Nin
Uh, All I see is what appears to be the back of a person wearing a white ball cap and longish hair. But I'm viewing on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie