Still Missing CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996 *arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the very first missing person's case I ever followed. I came across Kristin's story right before they declared her dead in 2002 and I've obsessively followed her case ever since. While I am SO GRATEFUL that the podcast brought a new light to it, I really hope that the amount of work and love that Dennis Mahon poured into this case isn't overshadowed by the podcast. Dennis did SO MUCH to keep Kristin's name alive - including being arrested more than once just to advocate for her.

Anyway. I'm very emotional and I can't even begin to express how much this news fills my heart.

Megan Healy @MeganHealyTV 1mBREAKING: Paul Flores has been charged with murder in the Kristin Smart case, according to booking logs. @ksby #PaulFlores #KristinSmart

There it is, finally, murder for the creep Paul Flores. Who, IMO, had rage issues, along with being totally disrespectful and delusional towards young women. Could never take a hint or a direct NO. It appears he offered to walk Kristen Smart home and was not capable of being a gentlemen and seeing someone safely to their dorm. Then calls his dad, who helped clean up his vile actions, closed ranks around him and protected him. Screw this family. IMO

Ey4JwwBVoAIBUq1
Anyone else notice that Paul has no options for bail? I do hope it stays that way.

This is the very first missing person's case I ever followed. I came across Kristin's story right before they declared her dead in 2002 and I've obsessively followed her case ever since. While I am SO GRATEFUL that the podcast brought a new light to it, I really hope that the amount of work and love that Dennis Mahon poured into this case isn't overshadowed by the podcast. Dennis did SO MUCH to keep Kristin's name alive - including being arrested more than once just to advocate for her.

Anyway. I'm very emotional and I can't even begin to express how much this news fills my heart.
Dennis Mahon was going about his life on the East Coast when a young woman disappeared in San Francisco. After speaking with her parents, Dennis decided he had to do something to help them out and made plans to travel to SF as a self-appointed private eye.

He walked for miles and knocked on hundreds of doors on a case that still is unsolved. Another mother by the name of Denise Smart invited Dennis to her home in Stockton, CA for a home-cooked meal around Thanksgiving 1997. After sleeping in his car and eating junk food for literally months, a home-cooked meal certainly sounded inviting.

Stan and Denise Smart were frustrated because the San Luis Obispo Sheriff at the time no longer was calling her as frequently as he did after Kristin disappeared from the Cal Poly campus. They told the whole story to Dennis over the dinner table. Once again Dennis Mahon was moved by the pain he saw and heard. He decided to split his time traveling from SF to SLO, working half the week to find Kristin Smart in SLO, and the other half to find Kristen Modaferri in San Francisco.

There were more miles to walk and more doors to knock on. Never asking a penny from anyone, he ventured out into the unknown. Eventually, the good-old-boys weaved their little web and ended up stealing his car, camera and signs all under the color of law. Eventually, he was compelled to leave town for two primary reasons, his father was getting older and needed help, and because he did not have the financial strength to fight the evil that had surrounded him.
Dennis Mahon’s Absolute Loyalty to the Smart Family is Remarkable by Any Standard of Measurement – The California Register

‘Find Kristin Smart’ Facebook group is keeping missing student’s memory alive.
https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article247919890.html

Do we have the booking screenshot for the father?

ETA: Ruben Flores, age 80

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads