Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #132

Status
Not open for further replies.
another take away from the people investigate special
there were footprints that led to the bodies ...seen by the person who found them .. i think it was mentioned briefly in news before

I haven't seen the show, so this is legit just a question, and NOT speculation on my part:

Did they actually show footprints at / near the actual crimescene? Or did they go back there and re-create / photograph a set of footprints? Does anyone have a screen grab of the photo they showed at that point?

I haven't seen the show yet but on the Carroll County Comet Q&A, TL did not even want to confirm the existence of the footprints (as "being close to an evidentiary issue") so IMO there's no way People Magazine gets permission to show an actual crime scene photograph for this. Not considering everything else they've held back.

Exactly right...very confusing and to me conflicting information...never quite understood what the whole flip flopping was about.

I even noticed in the ID channel's People Mags show on Delphi murders that Sheriff Leazenby is shown talking about having sketch #2 and the still photo in his office, keeps them together stuck to his cabinet, he looks at them every day. The original sketch...nowhere in site.

I don't think all the LE are of the same mind about these sketches. FBI only has the last one on their website. Seems the ISP are the ones considering both, the combination.

I haven't seen the show, so this is legit just a question, and NOT speculation on my part:

Did they actually show footprints at / near the actual crimescene? Or did they go back there and re-create / photograph a set of footprints? Does anyone have a screen grab of the photo they showed at that point?
Recreated video, vert short shot of a few seconds. Not a photo, part of a reenactment. Right before that they had Kelsi saying someone asked about the shoes the girls were wearing. The video went to a reenactment of a shoe in a thicket. It looked to be a black high top Con (what Abby wore I believe) not Libby's Nike which has always been what Kelsi said was found. All just video produced for the show, not real shots from the search. There were some real video but not those.

Exactly right...very confusing and to me conflicting information...never quite understood what the whole flip flopping was about.

I even noticed in the ID channel's People Mags show on Delphi murders that Sheriff Leazenby is shown talking about having sketch #2 and the still photo in his office, keeps them together stuck to his cabinet, he looks at them every day. The original sketch...nowhere in site.

I don't think all the LE are of the same mind about these sketches. FBI only has the last one on their website. Seems the ISP are the ones considering both, the combination.

I’ve about decided LE just needs to disavow both sketches. They have completely messed up everything about them. The confusion they themselves have fomented is totally counterproductive. The first sketch was the most detailed suspect sketch I have every seen, then throw it out for a different one, forget the first, second one is the guy, well maybe not, sort of, remember the first one, but mostly the second, meld them together in your mind, Vulcan style, definitely two different people that appear to be one person, door number one or door number two.
Unless LE explains why the sketch was changed and why they can’t figure out what they’re talking about I think we’re better off without them.

I haven't seen the show yet but on the Carroll County Comet Q&A, TL did not even want to confirm the existence of the footprints (as "being close to an evidentiary issue") so IMO there's no way People Magazine gets permission to show an actual crime scene photograph for this. Not considering everything else they've held back.

That's my guess as well. THey maybe used stock photos, or they recreated a scene... but I doubt we would be shown actual Crime Scene Images in this case.

I saw part of the program also. On my cable it said "First aired 4/12/21."
I don't think the footprints shown were meant to be the actual footprints, just as the shoe shown was not meant to actually be Libby's shoe.

The picture being shown on screen when the reporter mentions firefighter following a "set" of footprints actually shows 2 sets of footprints. I had to rewind so I was sure he'd said the singular not the plural. If he, the firefighter, was already across the creek on the crime scene side, it's possible he saw the killer's egress?

Last edited:
My picture of the search and discovery has always been colored by KG's description, but it's been unclear whether she actually saw where the searchers were.

I just can't deduce where anyone or anything really was located in regards to which side of the creek, etc. Maybe everything was on the north side, including the shoe.
I'm beginning to wonder if maybe the shoe and shirt were spotted from across the creek, reported to the searcher on the north, who then located footprints which led to the bodies. IDK...

I am not native English speaker, and have just realized that I might have interpreted the below quote from BP in the DTH podcast wrong. I assumed that the person who saw something and took out his phone, was at the south side of the creek looking across towards the north side, when he spotted Libby’s shirt. But re-reading now, I realize that the Word “across” could also mean that he was across the creek on the North side. Somehow it makes more sense if someone was on the North side maybe being able to spot something in that bowl-shaped area, than being able to spot something in that area from the South side.
So a question to all you native English speakers: what does “across” refer to in the below quote from BP?
Becky Patty:
A friend of ours was also in a search group that was across the creek, and he saw something. So, he took his phone and zoomed in, and it was a tie-dyed shirt. And he knew what Libby wore. And, uh, his wife she come back and she said they found the girls.

I am not native English speaker, and have just realized that I might have interpreted the below quote from BP in the DTH podcast wrong. I assumed that the person who saw something and took out his phone, was at the south side of the creek looking across towards the north side, when he spotted Libby’s shirt. But re-reading now, I realize that the Word “across” could also mean that he was across the creek on the North side. Somehow it makes more sense if someone was on the North side maybe being able to spot something in that bowl-shaped area, than being able to spot something in that area from the South side.
So a question to all you native English speakers: what does “across” refer to in the below quote from BP?
Becky Patty:
A friend of ours was also in a search group that was across the creek, and he saw something. So, he took his phone and zoomed in, and it was a tie-dyed shirt. And he knew what Libby wore. And, uh, his wife she come back and she said they found the girls.

It means "on the other side" (of the creek) This side of creek - ~~~~~creek~~~~~~ Across creek side

I wonder who this guy was??? Wearing all black.

"The teens said the man seemed out of place, though Chasity says that "could just be a rumor."

The children described the man wearing all black."

PLUS...

"We got the magnifying glass out," she said. "Those are what we call 'hunting pants,' what somebody into bird hunting would wear. Those were popular in the '90s."

(I've not been able to locate blue or blue jean looking hunting pants)

Memorial grows as police continue search for Delphi girls' killer | wthr.com

"Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful."
Police corroborating alibis given in Delphi killings

Yeah, I think this had a lot to do with people getting caught violating probation or other crimes. Ron Logan got sent back to prison for violating his probation because his alibi involved him using a vehicle while on a suspended license and being seen drinking alcohol. I'm sure others lied about their alibis so they wouldn't get hemmed up like Logan for something unrelated.

It means "on the other side" (of the creek) This side of creek - ~~~~~creek~~~~~~ Across creek side
Thank you and yes I get that, but do you read this as the person was on the South side of the creek or on the north side of the creek when he spottet Libby`s shirt? Not sure if I am able to explain in English what I mean. I guess I am looking for that in between the Lines meaning based on the words chosen that you sometimes do not catch when not your native language.

RL was a big part of the posts on this site for quite some time. Interesting, 6 weeks in to the investigation, LE is not certain if one, or more persons were involved in the murders. To date, they have not clarified.

Judge Fouts to Ron Logan, pertaining to RL's DUI's and driving record..... “You’re a danger to this community,” said the judge."

I've always found this comment by RL to be interesting..... “Maybe in the future no one else will be murdered in my backyard,” Logan told Carroll Superior Judge Kurtis Fouts"

I always try hard not to read too much in to it, but fail miserably :)

Delphi property owner gets nearly four years in jail for traffic charges | Fox 59

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member