MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #17 - Chauvin Trial Day 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I think the state just blew this point. The judge was emphatic about declaring a mistrial if this new evidence was mentioned. He was also pretty firm about rebuttal. The state should have known these things. This seems like such a blunder that should never be committed by the state. With the power of their legal team this is unconscionable.

really counting on Tobin to mind his answers carefully and not stick foot in mouth and cause mistrial. I do believe this is a case the state is winning, it would be a shame for it to end in mistrial.

This was the first time he testified... I'm a bit concerned about this too. I hope the State prepares him accordingly.

Contrary to thinking this was about to be some big win for the state this feels like a major misstep by the state. I get the feeling the state should have just let this go and moved on.

Big Time MOO!

They are LUCKY it was denied as I think the prosecution didn't understand the science and was reactionary. MOO

What the prosecution is saying is scientifically incorrect MOO as you CANNOT determine carboxy.. and methemoglobin from such MOO

ETA: What? Tobin is on the stand speaking to such. This is going to be so very confusing to the jury MOO. Agree with others, this may be worse for the state to bring up. We shall see.

This is going to make jurors say... huh.. I thought it was 0% in blood for oxygen.

Last edited:
ok... I thought I read something this morning about the jury during testimony yesterday but now I can't find it...

anyone? lol

This is why I think the state just blew this point. The judge was emphatic about declaring a mistrial if this new evidence was mentioned. He was also pretty firm about rebuttal. The state should have known these things. This seems like such a blunder that should never be committed by the state. With the power of their legal team this is unconscionable.

You can't blame them for trying to rebut yesterday's testimony with something that's just been bought to their attention surely. They have a right to ask the judge. Judge said no. Moving on.

Jugde wanted to give Blackwell only 2 minutes to talk with Tobin before his is is on stand? Glad Blackwell asked for more time. That was odd.
Biased. I’ve been saying it for days. Seems to me jmo he didn’t want to give him extra time so that Tobin brings up new results and causes mistrial. But just my opinion

Now I'm nervous. The State is really relying heavily on Dr. Tobin's experience within a Courtroom setting in his upcoming rebuttal testimony in order to avoid a mistrial.

I'd better brace myself to try to pay closer mind to the actual words he's saying as opposed to his lilting voice and smooth delivery. I must admit that I may have missed some important tidbits during his first kick at the can, having been rather distracted simply by his gentle, soothing accent. LOL

It seems very underhand to me. I also find it strange that a previous witness is allowed to do further searching of evidence and contact the state to update this. I wonder what persuaded AB to act in this manner

Cahill says Tobin can testify in rebuttal to some of the environmental factors concerning CO concentration. But nothing about lab test results that were just disclosed at 8am today.

Cahill will allow testimony concerning enlarged heart in response to studies cited by Dr. Fowler yesterday in his testimony.

https://twitter.com/louraguse/status/1382708549302820868?s=21

It seems very underhand to me. I also find it strange that a previous witness is allowed to do further searching of evidence and contact the state to update this. I wonder what persuaded AB to act in this manner

This seems really bad on the part of the State....does Baker not review other opinions or just focused on his report? This makes Fowler look very good in that he said should be tested.

No, they rely only on what his handed over in discovery. They can ask, but the State or ME or LE has no obligation to do what they ask them to. (The Defense asked them to go back to the squad car.. they did... they found the pills in the back seat of the squad car)

Nelson's argument (and it's a good one) is that the State had Fowler's report back in February. Sounds like Baker (State ME) was listening yesterday and "found" test results that were not handed over to either the State or the Defense.

The Defense, if I was Nelson, should be questioning what else was not disclosed. JMO
I've mention the blood gas lab reports many times. Baker knew, he noted the autopsy the punch wound site.

This is so not right. If they release the defense should rebuttal with time taken and treat me take that did impact the blood gas (ABG).

MOO...,

Last edited:
You can't blame them for trying to rebut yesterday's testimony with something that's just been bought to their attention surely. They have a right to ask the judge. Judge said no. Moving on.

I do blame them for attempting to bring up items that could cause a mistrial. The judge was stoic and resolute. This was a big no-no. They should have known. If there is an unfavorable verdict you've given the mob something to hang their hat on..."look they didn't allow important evidence". All of it was so unnecessary and the evidence was probably not that compelling anyway. Very very bad optics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member