Found Deceased ID - Deborah Hendrichs, 56, abandoned car on I-84 near Mecham, Star, 11 Jan 2021

APR 10, 2021
Search continues for missing Idaho woman | Motor Vehicle | eastoregonian.com
[...]

CT has been working feverishly since Jan. 11 to find her sister. Taylor was in La Grande on Monday, April 5, and Tuesday, April 6, scouring the area in Meacham with her husband and two metal detector operators. The search, like others in the area, proved fruitless.

“We found nothing. We were hoping to find personal effects there,” said Taylor, who lives in Merrill near Klamath Falls.

Oregon State Police Lt. Daniel Conner of Union County shares Taylor’s frustration, explaining no new leads have surfaced.

[...]

An Oregon Department of Transportation worker was the last person who reported seeing Hendrichs after her vehicle stalled. Conner said the ODOT employee asked Hendrichs if she needed help and she said her cellphone was not working in the area but someone was coming to help. The ODOT employee then put out safety flares to protect Hendrichs and called OSP, which sent a trooper to assist.

The trooper arrived 20 minutes later. By then, Hendrichs’s vehicle was empty. State police have not been able to confirm any reports of anyone seeing Hendrichs since that time.

[...]

Conner is hoping evidence leading to Hendrichs may be found now that ODOT is starting a road construction project just outside Meacham on Interstate 84. Conner is encouraging ODOT employees to be on the lookout for evidence. This includes cellphones. Conner said Hendrichs had at least two cellphones.

Conner also wants people who have cabins in the Meacham area to report anything suspicious they have noticed since the disappearance of Hendrichs.

[...]

Search to continue for missing Idaho woman

To Note
•went missing on Jan. 11 at about 5 p.m. just outside Meacham
•her vehicle ran out of gas at a bridge entrance
•on Monday, April 5, and Tuesday, April 6, DH’s sister with her husband and two metal detector operators scoured the area in Meacham.
• nothing was found
•OSP states there have not been any leads
•OSP is encouraging people to come forward with any new information they have
•hoping evidence leading to Hendrichs may be found now that ODOT is starting a road construction project just outside Meacham on Interstate 84.

Also to note:
An Oregon Department of Transportation worker was the last person who reported seeing Hendrichs after her vehicle stalled. Conner said the ODOT employee asked Hendrichs if she needed help and she said her cellphone was not working in the area but someone was coming to help. The ODOT employee then put out safety flares to protect Hendrichs and called OSP, which sent a trooper to assist.

The trooper arrived 20 minutes later. By then, Hendrichs’s vehicle was empty. State police have not been able to confirm any reports of anyone seeing Hendrichs since that time.

Find Deb Hendrichs

Find Deb Hendrichs Facebook

Unfortunately, April 7 the following was posted:
One last post before we delete this page.
We will never stop searching. With that being said, we are deciding to delete this page due to constant ugliness and opinions about my family.

From the FB Group page What Happened to Deb Bonham Hendrichs

Bella Alma shared a post.

I do not believe that everything is as it appears, in this article. They found the car, yes there was a person inside the car but I know in my heart it was not my cousin. Husbands has been saying that she was out of her mind. You do not loss your mind in two hours. Husband need to resource psychotic breaks, prior to trying to say that his wife had one. She supposedly got up at 5:00 am, yes, he wants us to believe she woke up at 5:00 am and was adamant that he unplug a lamp. Could this lamp be the lamp that was used to strike Deb in the back of the head? A psychotic person could care less about calling into work because work is of no importance. Well she did call into work! Not losing her mind. Husband wants you to believe she is. I think Deb was forced out of house the night of the 10th. It was a very long night for husband. It was the end of life for my love!! My Deb!! No one is looking at her husband, I may be there at the man? Everyone is looking at her being a mental case. My cousin and I talked on Sunday around 3 P.m. and she was the same as you and me. She was not afraid about the state of the nation because she had trust in God. I am asking everyone to contact the PI and share any information that you know about Deb. I am asking everybody to reach out to the Ada police, and let them know that Deb was not insane. Share your concerns let’s get to the bottom of this! The truth will be known and justice will be served! My cousin was loved by many and fortunately not the ones that took her life. But, they will pay and Deb will have peace! We will have justice! I pray it was easy and she was just on a white beach living the dream but my worse nightmare is that she is in a large body of water in Idaho and the person who put her there she trusted with her life. This is sadly where she went wrong. Please everyone reach your voices and get them to start looking in the right direction. My cousin, sister and friend did not leave on her own accord. Thank you all for helping us bring her justice and in turn peace.

Attachments

• ABC870B1-2AEF-4595-AFA1-28829E7FED0E.png
    ABC870B1-2AEF-4595-AFA1-28829E7FED0E.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 47
MAY 6, 2021
Officials plan search and rescue mission near Meacham for missing Boise woman - YakTriNews.com
  • A multi-agency SAR mission has been scheduled for this weekend.
  • Umatilla County Sheriff’s Office SAR team and the Oregon State police will start on Saturday at 8:00 a.m., and continue Sunday, depending on results.
  • The Umatilla SAR team says approx 90 people have committed to assist in the search as well as 10 K9 units, four drones, and 35 ground personnel.
  • The search area includes areas along I-84 at milepost 238, Kamela Highway, Hancock Road, the I-84 interchange bridge and road toward Meacham, and the road into Meacham Lake. Crews will also be searching area creeks, bodies of water, and wooded land.
  • The public is asked to stay out of the area unless they are residents.
  • The Umatilla County SAR team created a website that will provide updates.

MAY 6, 2021
Officials plan search and rescue mission near Meacham for missing Boise woman - YakTriNews.com
  • A multi-agency SAR mission has been scheduled for this weekend.
  • Umatilla County Sheriff’s Office SAR team and the Oregon State police will start on Saturday at 8:00 a.m., and continue Sunday, depending on results.
  • The Umatilla SAR team says approx 90 people have committed to assist in the search as well as 10 K9 units, four drones, and 35 ground personnel.
  • The search area includes areas along I-84 at milepost 238, Kamela Highway, Hancock Road, the I-84 interchange bridge and road toward Meacham, and the road into Meacham Lake. Crews will also be searching area creeks, bodies of water, and wooded land.
  • The public is asked to stay out of the area unless they are residents.
  • The Umatilla County SAR team created a website that will provide updates.

What a huge relief! I sincerely hope the family finds some answers!

Last edited:
Rest in peace, Deborah. My condolences go out to her loved ones.

Umatilla County Sheriff's Office
PRESS RELEASE
BODY FOUND DURING HENDRICHS SEARCH
MEACHAM OREGON May 8, 2021 at 1:30pm

The search for Deb Hendrichs in the Meacham area was concluded today at approximately 1pm after searchers notified Incident Command that a body had been found on the east side of I-84 south of Meacham near milepost 238. Early on in the search, K-9 teams located a wallet and other items matching those described in the search plan. The wallet contained identification belonging to Deborah Hendrichs. In accordance with the Incident Action Plan, a team of Law Enforcement officers was deployed to secure the scene, while drone and K-9 strike teams were reassigned to areas near where the items were located. Shortly afterward, the call came in that a body had been found by a K-9 team. At that time, all search teams were notified to return to Incident Command Post. Family members have been notified. Oregon State Police, Umatilla County Sheriff’s Office and other searchers responded to the scene for recovery of the body.

Thank you to all of the agencies and searchers involved in the search, including Oregon State Police, Umatilla County Sheriff's Office, and Umatilla County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue, Union County Search & Rescue, Idaho Mountain Search & Rescue Unit, Jon Francis Foundation, Valley County Search & Rescue, Wallowa County Search and Rescue, Baker County Sheriff's Office, Gilliam County Sheriff's Office, Grant County Sheriff's Office, DelMar Aerospace Corporation, Union Pacific Railroad, Oregon Department of Transportation.
A special thank you to the Oregon Department of Transportation for providing the area for the Incident Command Center and to Knife River Corporation for temporarily shutting down the Interstate construction in the area during the search.

This operation involved detailed planning and execution, which resulted in a successful end to help bring closure for the family and loved ones. We would like to express our sincere condolences to the family of Deb Hendrichs. It has been our privilege to help bring her home.

Body found during search for missing Star woman | ktvb.com

A body was found during an organized search of the Meacham, Ore. area on Saturday afternoon. The body was found during a search for 56-year-old Deborah Hendrichs, a Star woman who has been missing since January.

Search for Idaho woman Deb Hendrichs ends after body is found

According to authorities, some of Hendrichs' personal belonging were found early into the search. A wallet containing her ID was found, prompting police to deploy K-9 units and drones to ramp up the search. Shortly after, K-9 units located a body.

Hendrichs' family has been notified of the discovery.

Rest in peace, Deb.

g40074.gif

Family asks for help locating missing woman

Deb's husband, John Hendrichs, said it's been more than three weeks since Deb was last seen.

He said she left her car on the side of I-84 heading east at mile marker 238.5 and has not been seen or heard from since.

He said a search and rescue team and police searched the area, but found nothing.

The family said they've visited hospitals, homeless shelters and other locations in the surrounding area.
This old post tells where she was last seen. So they found her in the same area after already searching there before. How did she die out there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back