GUILTY ID - Taryn Summers, 8, sibs Tristan Sexton 17 (MISSING 10/1) & Taylor 14, safe, 15 Apr 2021 *arrest

I wonder if the two oldest siblings were placed with the caregiver against their wishes, to keep the siblings together? That could have been a reason why they left, to go to where they wanted to be, and if authorities/LE didn't considered them being in danger where they were, that was perhaps the reason why there were not much done when they went missing?

Last edited:
I wonder if the two oldest siblings were placed with the caregiver against their wishes, to keep the siblings together? That could have been a reason why they left, to go to where they wanted to be, and if authorities/LE didn't considered them being in danger where they were, that was perhaps the reason why there were not much done when they went missing?
Why weren't the older two ever declared found if the authorities knew where they were? Just a couple of days ago all three were considered missing.

Do we know that those were all the children in the home?

Why weren't the older two ever declared found if the authorities knew where they were? Just a couple of days ago all three were considered missing.

Do we know that those were all the children in the home?

I haven’t seen it in MSM but on a FB news page a relative of the family said there is a 4th child that was still in the home.

Edit: I guess this is MSM confirmation of the 4th child in the home.

“Investigators have said little about the case but EastIdahoNews.com uncovered court documents that show Taylor, Taryn and a younger sibling all tested positive for hard drugs in 2019, leading to an injury to a child conviction against their mother.”
Body found believed to be missing 8-year-old, suspect in custody for murder - East Idaho News

Taylor, Taryn and a younger sibling all tested positive for hard drugs in 2019, leading to an injury to a child conviction against their mother.”
Body found believed to be missing 8-year-old, suspect in custody for murder - East Idaho News
Snipped

OMG. Just reading the news about Taryn this morning and this awful news about the drug testing. I half expected this case to be a "found safe" story and half expected something worse. I did not expect to learn about hard drugs in children.

I think we might need to brace ourselves for the info that will come out about what happened in that home.

jmo

Taryn was last seen Monday, according to a Facebook post by the sheriff’s office.

Authorities have searched the area extensively to ensure Taryn wasn’t nearby or injured, the sheriff’s office said, and they are reaching out to people who know her to see if she is with a friend.
Gem County Sheriff Looking for Three Run Away Children

All three children were last seen near the intersection of Idaho 52 and Airport Road in Emmett, officials said. It was believed that Taryn had perhaps joined her siblings or run away, but on Thursday evening, Sheriff Donnie Wunder announced that a body had been discovered near that site.

Wunder also said a suspect had been arrested in Ada County, but neither he nor the Ada County Sheriff's Office would identify the suspect.

An Idaho State Police coroner was at a residence on Airport Road at around 4 p.m. Thursday afternoon, according to ISP, and Gem County sheriff's deputies also were at the scene.
Body Found in Southern Idaho Believed to be Missing 8-year-old Girl. Suspect Arrested

Questions:
Where was Taryn last seen? So they were all seen at the residence where her body was found on Monday. So why did this come to Sheriff’s attention on Thursday? Who reported her missing? When was she reported missing? Or were all three reported missing at the same time? Thinking, oh well, they’re just runaways. Everyone knows that. Sounds like LE knew it. Nothing here, run along. Nothing to see here. Of course Taryn is with them. Find the kids, they have her. Did Connie Smith report them missing? So why didn’t they find her body on Thursday? I assume she was dead by then. They searched extensively at the same address she was found. I’m not sure I understand.

eta: * Isn’t this a contradiction to the first article? Are they saying the report was false? That they weren’t together on Monday? How do they define recently?

Authorities said they don't believe that the two older siblings were recently with Taryn.
Body Found in Southern Idaho Believed to be Missing 8-year-old Girl. Suspect Arrested

Last edited:
Snipped

OMG. Just reading the news about Taryn this morning and this awful news about the drug testing. I half expected this case to be a "found safe" story and half expected something worse. I did not expect to learn about hard drugs in children.

I think we might need to brace ourselves for the info that will come out about what happened in that home.

jmo
Replying to myself.

Still thinking about this hard drug test on the kids. It was in 2019, two years ago. Taryn would have been six. How old would the youngest sibling have been then?!

I would like to know who reported the kids missing.

jmo

edited to add: my question about the youngest sibling is rhetorical - not sleuthing the minor who, I hope, is now safe - and a commentary that the young children were in clear harm two years ago.

Questions:
Where was Taryn last seen? So they were all seen at the residence where her body was found on Monday. So why did this come to Sheriff’s attention on Thursday? Who reported her missing? When was she reported missing? Or were all three reported missing at the same tim? Thinking, oh well, they’re just runaways. Very body knows that. Of course Taryn is with them. Did Connie Smith report them missing? So why didn’t they find her body on Thursday? I assume she was dead by then. They searched extensively at the same address she was found. Why were the other two not there on Thursday? I’m not sure I understand.
The older two children went missing last September and October respectively. They weren't at the home any more.

Replying to myself.

Still thinking about this hard drug test on the kids. It was in 2019, two years ago. Taryn would have been six. How old would the youngest sibling have been then?!

jmo
Since it was known what they were all wearing, they must have been reported fairly quickly. It's not known if any other adults besides the grandmother were living in the home.

Tentative timeline:

2019: 3 children tested positive for hard drugs
Sep 2020: Oldest of 4 (a teen son) runs away
Oct 2020: 2nd oldest (a teen daughter) runs away
April 2021: Three children (the two runaways plus an 8-yo daughter) reported missing
April 15, 2021: Body of 8yo found and suspect arrested. Two runaways said to be safe.

Lots of missing info yet.

jmo

Replying to myself.

jmo

edited to add: my question about the youngest sibling is rhetorical - not sleuthing the minor who, I hope, is now safe - and a commentary that the young children were in clear harm two years ago.

JMO I believe the youngest is currently 4 so the child would’ve been 2 in 2019. MOO.

Replying to myself.

jmo

JMO I believe the youngest is currently 4 so the child would’ve been 2 in 2019. MOO.
Tentative timeline:

2019: 3 children tested positive for hard drugs
Sep 2020: Oldest of 4 (a teen son) runs away
Oct 2020: 2nd oldest (a teen daughter) runs away
April 2020: Three children (the two runaways plus an 8-yo daughter) reported missing
April 15, 2020: Body of 8yo found and suspect arrested. Two runaways said to be safe.

Lots of missing info yet.

jmo

2021 for the last 2 events.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member