Found Deceased CA - Amber Hill, 38, Downey, 9 Jan 2007

I wrote this last year with the intention of reading it at her funeral, I just couldn't go. I stumbled onto this site looking to see if any new leads or the killer had been found.

I would be happy to be able to hug her just one more time.

RIP Amber Lee Hill

Well she was Amber Lee Wenzler when I knew her. We dated off and on for four years.

I got a call last night about her disappearance earlier in January and that she was found murdered this Wednesday.

It is hard to know what to feel since I married and I haven't seen her since 2001 or so, but I can't help to be sad and hope her passing was quick.

She wasn't a person I would think would bring something like this upon herself or otherwise put herself in harm's way.

Certainly not a person who deserved to be rolled up in plastic and tossed off the side of a road.

I have thought about her from time to time, just like you do for an old friend. I hoped she and Jennifer were OK and doing well in their lives. I guess I won't have to think about that anymore.

I felt friendship, love, trust, nurturing, and now I feel hate, anger and rage.

Hate, anger, and rage, towards someone whom I don't even know, someone who killed my friend, for reasons unknown to me.

It is sad when you hear someone was murdered, but when you find out it was someone who was once so close to you, the news becomes poignant.

To whomever felt it was necessary, I hope you get what is coming to you.

Brian

"PHONICS!!!!!!!!!!"

:( wsuwrhr, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Amber sounded like a beautiful young lady.
When I saw this case bumped up I thought there was news about a suspect or an arrest. (also hoping the (s) get what they deserve:behindbar or :bang: )
My prayers are with you and those that loved her.

I was thinking about this case the other day and wondering if it was ever solved? Probably not because I haven't heard anything. Her body was discovered not too far from where my parents lived for many years so I have thought about this case from time to time. So sorry that no one has been caught for this crime. Prayers for her family.

Anyone local hear anything at all? Any updates on Amber's case?

With the Kristin Smart case back in the news, I was wondering if anyone knew that the main suspect in that case worked with Amber Hill at the Coca-Cola bottling plant. One of the L.A. Times articles mentioned that she had a sexual-harassment case open at the time of her disappearance. Her sister seems to believe the suspect in the Smart case is responsible for Amber's death as well.

With the Kristin Smart case back in the news, I was wondering if anyone knew that the main suspect in that case worked with Amber Hill at the Coca-Cola bottling plant. One of the L.A. Times articles mentioned that she had a sexual-harassment case open at the time of her disappearance. Her sister seems to believe the suspect in the Smart case is responsible for Amber's death as well.
Link to statement from Amber's sister please?

Did they ever find her truck? Stretch....I’m following the Smart case and they say they have 2 trucks in evidence?

I believe the trucks they have in evidence are Paul’s and his dad’s, according to the Your Own Backyard podcast

Did they ever find her truck? Stretch....I’m following the Smart case and they say they have 2 trucks in evidence?

I believe the trucks they have in evidence are Paul’s and his dad’s, according to the Your Own Backyard podcast

On page 1, post dated 1/23/2007 there was an article posted stating her Dodge Stratus was found.

RE: Flores, I’m hoping if there’s any chance that PF is a possible suspect LE had already looked at least his employment records with Coca-Cola at that time and then his movements for a possible alibi. He definitely seems a possible suspect for any crimes against women IMO.

"... The relatives of Amber Lee Hill believe that Paul was involved in Amber’s 2007 murder and disappearance. Amber and Paul both worked for the Coca-Cola Company in Los Angeles. Amber was working on the same shift and in the same department as did Paul Flores, but at diferent bottling plants. Amber disappeared afer leaving work on January 9, 2007. Her body was found on January 24, 2007, wrapped in bubble wrap used in the bottling plant. It still remains an unsolved mystery. Whittier Police say they have no connection between Paul Flores and the death of Amber Lee Hill, but Amber’s sister believes Paul was indeed involved with her death. ..."

californiaregister.com has a wealth of information on Paul Flores. The article linked below mentions his employment at Coca-Cola five times, but never mentions Amber Hill. Photo of Paul Flores at work:

KRISTIN SMART STORY – The California Register

JMO Amber Lee Hill worked at the Downey Coca-Cola plant, while Paul Flores reportedly worked at the South Central L.A. plant. JMO they worked in the same departments, and I wonder if employees were ever reassigned temporarily to different plants, or could pickup extra shifts to cover for vacations, etc.

The family did not arbitrarily choose Paul Flores - they know something IMO.

Yes, hopefully with the KS case now having gotten international attention due to the suspects having been arrested - this AH case will be looked into much more thoroughly.

I was listening again to the YOBY podcast. In Episode 6 about 14 mins in Amber is mentioned. It talks about how she went missing in 1/2007 and PF began working at Coca-Cola the following year and was fired in 3/2013. So it would seem that if Chris Lamberts data is correct, PF didn't work there at the same time that Amber did, BUT that also doesn't mean that there isn't a connection. IMO I still wonder like @SandyQLS stated above- why her family would be that convinced he was involved, if they didn't know something.

I was listening again to the YOBY podcast. In Episode 6 about 14 mins in Amber is mentioned. It talks about how she went missing in 1/2007 and PF began working at Coca-Cola the following year and was fired in 3/2013. So it would seem that if Chris Lamberts data is correct, PF didn't work there at the same time that Amber did, BUT that also doesn't mean that there isn't a connection. IMO I still wonder like @SandyQLS stated above- why her family would be that convinced he was involved, if they didn't know something.
Family did not believe that. One person in the family thinks everyone is involved everytime someone gets brought up. we have no clue who was involved. And in fact this man was proven not involved recently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back