TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would make them believe that the driver has some information that they could provide? Wasn't the SWFA CCTV footage captured an hour before the church break-in?
. Snipped

in a 2019 Google geofence warrant, police stated that cameras inside the church mysteriously activated at 2:23 am. This was 19 mins after the car left SWFA.

. Snipped

in a 2019 Google geofence warrant, police stated that cameras inside the church mysteriously activated at 2:23 am. This was 19 mins after the car left SWFA.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the geofence warrant doesn't state which specific cameras inside the church were activated or if all were activated right? Just curious.

R703b45873a340f4ec04eb6b4f6f23b53

2010 Nissan Altima
2012_nissan_altima_coupe_2_5_sl-pic-6156551629646600510-1600x1200.jpeg

2012 Nissan Altima

JMO the form that some see as a baseball cap or helmet on the dashboard could be just the form of the dashboard to steering column itself. Enlarging these two photos shows that the dashboard is not a continuous smooth curve across the car but rather has a bump for the steering. At 2:56 in the video the bump looks more to the left than on top, and I believe that may be because the camera view is more from the side.

Question. How sure are you that the object is on the dash? From the high camera angle, it’s hard to gauge depth. So I wonder if that object is actually down between the driver and passenger seat and not as high up as it appears? And if so, is it possible we’re looking at the center console?

It's not positioned anywhere close to the center of the car, and there's no way to "adjust for a different depth" that would put it in the center, so could not be the center console. But you're right that it may be farther back from the front of the car than we realize, which could put it in the area of the back of the steering wheel, or could even be something like a huge gloved hand holding (and steering) the top right (from driver's position) of the steering wheel.

When I look again at it around the 2:35-2:57ish Mark it doesn’t look like there is anything on the dash.
But, around the 2:56 ish Mark I do see a white patch/ short sleeve or something on the drivers left upper arm. I don’t believe it’s a light reflection because it stays consistent at the same spot even as the car moves forward. All JMO

R703b45873a340f4ec04eb6b4f6f23b53

2010 Nissan Altima
2012_nissan_altima_coupe_2_5_sl-pic-6156551629646600510-1600x1200.jpeg

2012 Nissan Altima

JMO the form that some see as a baseball cap or helmet on the dashboard could be just the form of the dashboard to steering column itself. Enlarging these two photos shows that the dashboard is not a continuous smooth curve across the car but rather has a bump for the steering. At 2:56 in the video the bump looks more to the left than on top, and I believe that may be because the camera view is more from the side.

This image was captured after the car finished its S curve after passing over the NW SWFA parking lot. By this time the windshield of the vehicle is dark again. If you play the regular SWFA YT video, you may see something roundish moving behind the windshield. The reflection some are referring to occurs before the vehicle makes a brief halt in front of the tree located at about 6:30 of the video screen.

This is not a dashboard bump IMO, as it is casting a shade:

NI dashboard.png
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin

Last edited:
This image was captured after the car finished its S curve after passing over the NW SWFA parking lot. By this time the windshield of the vehicle is dark again. If you play the regular SWFA YT video, you may see something roundish moving behind the windshield. The reflection some are referring to occurs before the vehicle makes a brief halt in front of the tree located at about 6:30 of the video screen.

View attachment 292888
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin
I cannot see shade myself, but it does look bright or white compared to other interior car parts, True. Is that the driver's left arm reaching to the object? (Is it a... Whataburger sandwich wrapper?)

Based on the surveillance videos, has anyone ever offered up an opinion as to whether they think the perp was familiar with the building prior to the morning of the crime? The videos lead me to believe that the church wasn’t familiar to him/her. Just wondering if anyone sees something different.

Based on the surveillance videos, has anyone ever offered up an opinion as to whether they think the perp was familiar with the building prior to the morning of the crime? The videos lead me to believe that the church wasn’t familiar to him/her. Just wondering if anyone sees something different.
Yes, it’s been talked about, and a person’s opinion on it often tracks with whether or not they believe Missy was targeted. If they believe she was, then the killer was intimately familiar with every aspect including knowing which cameras didn’t work and where their dead spots were. And anything that the killer did was staging.

If they believe she wasn’t targeted, then they are more likely to point out that the killer tried to pry open a door that was a janitorial closet, that the killer is moving systematically room to room precisely because they are unfamiliar, and that the killer gives a look of surprise at the Dutch door when it only half-opens.

In thinking about the case, is it safe to assume the following groups/categories of people/things were fully checked out by MPD:

1- Campers, past & present
2- 'Enemies ' of Missy and/or Brandon or others with axe to grind
3- Church-affiliated people
4- Prison Bible study students, past & present
5- Uniform/costume stores
6- LE personnel, past or present
7- All TX registered cars in make/model listed in MPD press releases
8- Recent formerly incarcerated/parolees in area

What else?

View attachment 292888
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin
Now it looks like a head to me, like a bald guy is leaning forward, perhaps to snort something, and we are seeing just the top of his sort-of shiny head. I'm not sure a hardhat would fit there, but a head, leaning forward and down, might.

What do you see, Nin? And wow, look at what the rain made out of that front bumper!

In thinking about the case, is it safe to assume the following groups/categories of people/things were fully checked out by MPD:

1- Campers, past & present
2- 'Enemies ' of Missy and/or Brandon or others with axe to grind
3- Church-affiliated people
4- Prison Bible study students, past & present
5- Uniform/costume stores
6- LE personnel, past or present
7- All TX registered cars in make/model listed in MPD press releases
8- Recent formerly incarcerated/parolees in area

What else?
Missy's phone contacts, Missy's social media/linkedin contacts, similar crimes, local bad boys/known offenders, family members, potential affairs of MB, BB, recent theft of guns/ammo/SWAT gear/weapons/sports gear (?) recent sales of guns/ammo/SWAT gear/weapons, known transients

In thinking about the case, is it safe to assume the following groups/categories of people/things were fully checked out by MPD: ...7 - All TX registered cars in make/model listed in MPD press releases
"All TX registered cars in make/model listed in MPD press releases " ....I would assume that this item was not done. They mentioned cars with a massive "population" in Texas, and I believe such a task would be next to impossible to accomplish, even if only limited to those in DFW area. In addition, they have never seemed to be sure that the vehicle seen at SWFA was involved, only curious, which would make a search for such a needle in a massive haystack even less likely to have been done.

"All TX registered cars in make/model listed in MPD press releases " ....I would assume that this item was not done. They mentioned cars with a massive "population" in Texas, and I believe such a task would be next to impossible to accomplish, even if only limited to those in DFW area. In addition, they have never seemed to be sure that the vehicle seen at SWFA was involved, only curious, which would make a search for such a needle in a massive haystack even less likely to have been done.

Thanks for this. I almost wrote 'if possible' because I wasn't sure. Is there nothing LE can do with regards to these cars other than wait for someone to volunteer information.

Your point about them not being sure about the SWFA connection is a good one. The report of a car leaving the church has been discussed here before and how it relies on an eyewitness's recollection so I guess that is maybe even worse than looking for a needle in a haystack, if there can be such a thing.

Missy's phone contacts, Missy's social media/linkedin contacts, similar crimes, local bad boys/known offenders, family members, potential affairs of MB, BB, recent theft of guns/ammo/SWAT gear/weapons/sports gear (?) recent sales of guns/ammo/SWAT gear/weapons, known transients

Thank you. Regarding similar crimes, wondering what they turned up as far as local/regional church robberies.

Thanks for this. I almost wrote 'if possible' because I wasn't sure. Is there nothing LE can do with regards to these cars other than wait for someone to volunteer information.

Your point about them not being sure about the SWFA connection is a good one. The report of a car leaving the church has been discussed here before and how it relies on an eyewitness's recollection so I guess that is maybe even worse than looking for a needle in a haystack, if there can be such a thing.

I'm thinking it's just too big a project to be able to do.

To get a really rough idea of what that looks like:
1 Here are the Altima sales figures in the US by month. Nissan Altima Sales Figures
2 For purposes of ease of discussion, let's assume those cars exist equally in the US by population. Texas population is very roughly 9% of the US population, so you can add up the sales and do the math to arrive at a broad idea of the number of Texas cars they would have to clear. Just eyeballing (because I'm too lazy to use a calculator and do the precise math!), I'm guesstimating that gives us 60,000-ish such cars in Texas.
3 Each car requires finding the owner, and find out where they say that car was on 4/18/2016, and hope they all tell the truth.
4 Can you do a car every day, with all the other things you do? I doubt it, but if you could, it's still going to take you 150 years or more to do that many. And how do you ferret out the one lie from all the rest, if one of them has something to hide?
5 Just do the ones in the DFW area, and now you've maybe whittled it down to 40 years at one a day. Again, just too massive.
6 Just do the ones in Ellis County only? Maybe. By the numbers, maybe about 400 of those cars. At one a day, working 5 days a week and with weekends off and 2 weeks for vacation, 2 years.
7 But do you need to meet each owner, to check the walk? One a day may turn into one a week now, and it's 14 years to just do Ellis County.

You get the idea. If I'm MPD, I might have a search run by the Texas DMV and get them to print a list of Ellis County owners of 2010-12 Altimas as of 4/8/2016, but it will take quite some time to go see them all, and no assurance the perp is even on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288