KY KY - Falmouth, WhtHispMale 25-45, UP81, Hanged, Prior Skull Reconstruction, Disfigured Face, Rosary Beads, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Scapular, Jul’96

I’m torn on David. I’d imagine his pacemaker would be found too. His gunshot injuries seem to have been sustained to his upper body/mid section, no mention of facial trauma. Although his stats and the timing match up well. It would help if there was more info about his disappearance. Is foul play suspected? What are the circumstances surrounding him receiving the gunshot wounds?

The eyesockets do not match, the UID would have had much more uneven eye heights than David. Nose is is close, but not 100%.
Great work, though!

I would with that extent of injuries also expect the right eye to be missing. And the broad, wide shard pattern of the original facial injury would not line up with a gunshot wound at all, if modern bullets were used. It would, what has been mentioned here, line up with baseball bat injuries or a vehicle accident of some sorts.

I believe one of the scars mentioned for David Lamb is due to a gunshot located on the left extremities, chest or abdomen. No info is available for his facial disfigurement. I'm not willing to rule him out, but I believe David's facial injuries look well healed and the scarring is not noticable. Another reason I'm on the fence, is the area of the mouth/teeth of this John Doe appears to be larger. Only suspected, since image doesn't include the lower half of the face. The ME stated the rendering was a good match to PM photos, which at the time, he was suspected to be multiple races, including Hispanic. I don't think David Lamb looks mixed race. JMHO...as always.

Someone just bumped this case up on my watched cases, and it made me think of this UID.
OK - Jesse Wayne Yancey, 27, Tahlequah, NamUs #MP15537, 28 May 1994
(I'm not suggesting it; he can probably be easily ruled-out? I just don't have time to ponder it until tonight.)
Jesse has been suggested by @Melt71 ! (i cant link but its on page 3) i think many people agreed that Jesse was a possibility, but I don't know if he was ever submitted. @MadMcGoo , you mentioned you were creating an ID list, is that a list for your own records or did you ever submit in bulk?

Jesse has been suggested by @Melt71 ! (i cant link but its on page 3) i think many people agreed that Jesse was a possibility, but I don't know if he was ever submitted. @MadMcGoo , you mentioned you were creating an ID list, is that a list for your own records or did you ever submit in bulk?

Thanks. I tried to search just this thread for JY's name and must have done it wrong.

ETA: I also would not be surprised if I myself brought him up on this thread before. I am following so many cases now I don't remember :p what I post where sometimes.

I don’t believe I’ve submitted him officially. I created the spreadsheet which was forwarded to Amy, the Medical Examiner, but I never received a response on any of the potential matches I, or others from WS, came up with. I eventually went back through and submitted some to the Doe Network; the ones I thought were strong possibilities. I think I talked myself out of this one though. :/

I believe we’ll probably be very certain if/when we ever find him. I don’t mind submitting though if y’all think he’s a good possibility!

I didn't submit Jesse because of the Amy factor. Someone can feel free to submit as I'm tied up a bit with "life" ATM!

I am wondering if the odd shard in the eyesocket is why David's eye (to our left) is quite dissimilar to the one on the right. Having a hard time writing him off, despite the pacemaker issue.

When it comes to his circumstances @MadMcGoo the story is as follows. wife left for the day only to return to a somewhat mowed lawn and a missing husband. He took nothing that normal folks would take with him. It just looked like he walked out on his lawnmowing and never came back.

John Doe was possibly an immigrant (multiple race....Caucasian/Hispanic - Latino) had an accident
(maybe he had an association with the horse business in KY and was kicked in the face by a horse) or was beaten very bad after he went missing, no family contact, crossing the border in a certain year, from South America (a lot of possible countries), living in the USA...maybe even hanged by others for whatever reason. Pure speculation BTW. Family who is searching would only know him with his face intact, years younger...If this is the story...I don't know....IMO it's a needle in a haystack.

Oh you wont believe how many people either do not have close family or are estranged from them or family is indeed looking for them but somehow nobody connects the two cases. Does not need to be a Hispanic immigrant (but that is not ruled out, either, if so, he must have been in the US before his accident, the titanium screws are according to US standards).

I'm wondering - maybe there is a medical expert here we could flag just for their opinion? - if he had extensive surgery to his facial bones, what would have been required before he left the hospital? Could he have been released all alone or just with a "friend," or would they have had to release him to either family or a facility with a care plan? Even LE contacting hospitals might not be much help because of privacy laws, but I think there more likely than not would have been at least several people who knew him after his injuries, after his release, someone besides just "friends." Someone in a professional capacity, such as nurse or social worker? Even if he was a migrant or homeless. Is that naive?
I suppose if just family they might not have reported him missing for various reasons, though. :(

I came across the Parry Romberg Syndrome, it's the atrophy of half the face, and they do mostly a lot of reconstructions on the face; to "fix" it, so to say. Going over the case again and taking a real good look at the skull, I think the broken parts are more at random and it's not this syndrome, IMO... Just exploring other possibilities.....

Parry-Romberg Syndrome - Huay-Zong Law, MD

Last edited:
I came across the Parry Romberg Syndrome, it's the atrophy of half the face, and they do mostly a lot of reconstructions on the face; to "fix" it, so to say. Going over the case again and taking a real good look at the skull, I think the broken parts are more at random and it's not this syndrome, IMO... Just exploring other possibilities.....

Parry-Romberg Syndrome - Huay-Zong Law, MD

What a terrible affliction. We don't know how lucky we are when our children are born with normal features and limbs. I can't imagine the psychological aspect that would occur with such facial deformities. I always thought if I won a big lottery I'd give millions to the doctors who travel the world fixing cleft palates. I'm so glad this is so rare.

David Allen Lamb – The Charley Project
Charley Project states, "Lamb has a heart condition and wears a pacemaker."

YCSO - Missing Persons
Yell County Sheriff office, "Lamb is reported to have a pacemaker and a scar from a gunshot wound he received earlier the same year."

I laid the skull over David Lamb's picture, just to see...
View attachment 286468

I wonder what the circumstances of his gunshot were. Accident or crime?The scars on his wrist, elbow and hand. Would they be from a defensive measure if someone shot him up close? If they were, you'd think he would have evidence on his bones as well. His disappearance was sudden, it seems.

ERA Just read Lamb has been ruled out.

Last edited:
Oh you wont believe how many people either do not have close family or are estranged from them or family is indeed looking for them but somehow nobody connects the two cases. Does not need to be a Hispanic immigrant (but that is not ruled out, either, if so, he must have been in the US before his accident, the titanium screws are according to US standards).

Yes I would think there are literally millions of Americans of Hispanic descent who've lived in the US for centuries. I don't think his ethnicity is a clue. I wonder if isotope analysis of his bones were done to establish were he had lived.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan
Back