TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched this last night;

I commend you, Gumshoe Stories, on your patience and ability to stay focused with so many starts and stops on this interview. To follow this, you'd almost need to be well versed on all aspects of the case.

One of the things I found very interesting was the additional footage mentioned by the Interview Room guy of the perp and Missy as she entered into the church. This had been viewed by the Dr. determining SP's gait. That part of additional footage has not been seen by the average viewer. Don't know if you saw that additional video or if anyone else has but....

He (interview room guy) mentioned that it appeared MB may have heard something as she entered.

The Dr. had to have seen where SP eventually ended up. If he came out of the auditorium, I could possibly believe that she wasn't targeted if she caught him by suprise. IF he was in the auditorium, he wouldn't have seen her headlights coming up the drive.

You mentioned and sounded quite certain that SP made it into the auditorium but we never actually saw him enter inside.

So:

1). Do you know that SP actually entered the auditorium?

2) Did you see the footage where SP was last seen going?

3). If so, is it believed he came out of the doorway from the auditorium to the West Main entrance where it is believed by some that is where the attack happened?

4) Did you get to view the video of MB walking down the hallway?

5). If so, was she carrying anything in her arms ie: gym equipment?

Thanks in Advance!
1. Actually I don’t know that for sure. But I do know for a fact that those doors don’t get locked. So it’s hard to imagine SP walking all the way up to those doors and not entering. It would be out of character compared to the other footage we have seen.

2. I have not seen any footage from inside the church other than what MPD released.

3. Unknown what SP’s further movements are after walking up to the auditorium doors.

4. No.

5. Unknown. We know from public records that she had begun unloading and placing items on the ground at the front entrance. Whether she carried anything in is unknown.

As for the doctor saying Missy “heard” something, I’m not sure that he can say that definitively. Even in seeing the extra footage, since there is no audio then all he could see is her turn her head toward something out of frame and then walk in that direction. So I think there’s no way to tell whether she heard something, or saw something, or both.

I hope the interviewer keeps her own experiences quiet because it doesn't sound like he had the same experiences she had and I feel she was trying to put words in his mouth.

Let him talk! Keep him focused on the answer, however.

Your reaction is interesting to me, because I felt just the opposite.

From a WS perspective, it wasn't really what we might prefer, of course, because speaking to the case wasn't what the interview was about. It was about dealing with tragedy and grief.

But by making it conversational and two-sided, BB opened up and shared a lot of perspective that he otherwise might not have shared. He wasn't being forced under the spotlight to "answer these questions" but instead the sharing allowed him to relax and relate, then compare and comment on the basis of "My experience was the same, in this way" or "My experience was different in this way."

There was never going to be anything said that provided answers to this case, because if he had the answers, the case would already be solved. But it does help put to bed a lot of nonsense ideas.

More than that, at least to me, it's so far a breath of fresh air, focusing on the people and the process through BB's eyes, which we've previously heard next-to-nothing about, rather than yet another round of questions rehashing the same insufficient pieces of evidence (almost entirely second-hand stuff, dispersed by LE and derived from 2 videos, some interviews, and some affidavits) that we know about.

My eyes may be playing tricks on me too, but what i think i see, is a woman (but could be male) with a sharp(ish) face and long dark hair pulled behind and sitting with a dog in the front seat (yellow lab or other light-coat dog w black nose?)
imo, speculation.
From, FromGermany's post upthread..

I have a real question as to that interpretation, and to some degree with a lot of what we are seeing (ie, what we think we see) in these videos. The problem imo is that the perspective of what we are seeing, and where it would be seen if we actually did see it in that video, seems really off.

In that enhanced picture, for example, it looks like the image of a person right behind the windshield. But that's not where people sit - they are way back behind the windshield, with a dash, steering wheel, some space, and THEN the person's body. I have to think something is really amiss, either in the decisions made to enhance said video, the interpretations of what those enhancements show, or both.

My sense of things may be wrong, of course. But I sure do think it would be very informative if we had a video to compare, of a person driving at night in a 2012 Altima, with or without rain but under floodlights around a building, taken from a somewhat elevated angle, with windows up and then with windows down (for easier understanding), and then compare the relative locations inside the SWFA video Altima of these various splotches of imagery.

1. Actually I don’t know that for sure. But I do know for a fact that those doors don’t get locked. So it’s hard to imagine SP walking all the way up to those doors and not entering. It would be out of character compared to the other footage we have seen.

2. I have not seen any footage from inside the church other than what MPD released.

3. Unknown what SP’s further movements are after walking up to the auditorium doors.

4. No.

5. Unknown. We know from public records that she had begun unloading and placing items on the ground at the front entrance. Whether she carried anything in is unknown.

As for the doctor saying Missy “heard” something, I’m not sure that he can say that definitively. Even in seeing the extra footage, since there is no audio then all he could see is her turn her head toward something out of frame and then walk in that direction. So I think there’s no way to tell whether she heard something, or saw something, or both.
Gumshoe,
When you say front entrance I’m confused. Are you referring to the south awning covered entrance where her truck was parked OR the “MAIN” front entrance of the church on the west side?
TIA

I have a real question as to that interpretation, and to some degree with a lot of what we are seeing (ie, what we think we see) in these videos. The problem imo is that the perspective of what we are seeing, and where it would be seen if we actually did see it in that video, seems really off.

In that enhanced picture, for example, it looks like the image of a person right behind the windshield. But that's not where people sit - they are way back behind the windshield, with a dash, steering wheel, some space, and THEN the person's body. I have to think something is really amiss, either in the decisions made to enhance said video, the interpretations of what those enhancements show, or both.

My sense of things may be wrong, of course. But I sure do think it would be very informative if we had a video to compare, of a person driving at night in a 2012 Altima, with or without rain but under floodlights around a building, taken from a somewhat elevated angle, with windows up and then with windows down (for easier understanding), and then compare the relative locations inside the SWFA video Altima of these various splotches of imagery.

Steve, that’s a great idea. We do have some other non related SWFA videos from that parking lot. Nighttime and rain is the problem plus the high angle of the cam of course.
What we have here is an additional magnifying effect caused by water on the glass IMO. Things look closer than they are, but they also become clearer (magnified) by the moisture patches on the windshield.

A reanactment during a rainy night would be great, so we can compare apples to apples.

ALL IMO

-Nin

It's been five long years of being embedded in the mysterious and horrific murder of a lovely lady. Although I tried, I just cannot watch this today without feeling Brandon's PTSD. His aggressive body language comes from the unresolved acute traumatic experience. Can't imagine 3 young children living without their mother.

Capture this Killer!

Your reaction is interesting to me, because I felt just the opposite.

From a WS perspective, it wasn't really what we might prefer, of course, because speaking to the case wasn't what the interview was about. It was about dealing with tragedy and grief.

But by making it conversational and two-sided, BB opened up and shared a lot of perspective that he otherwise might not have shared. He wasn't being forced under the spotlight to "answer these questions" but instead the sharing allowed him to relax and relate, then compare and comment on the basis of "My experience was the same, in this way" or "My experience was different in this way."

There was never going to be anything said that provided answers to this case, because if he had the answers, the case would already be solved. But it does help put to bed a lot of nonsense ideas.

More than that, at least to me, it's so far a breath of fresh air, focusing on the people and the process through BB's eyes, which we've previously heard next-to-nothing about, rather than yet another round of questions rehashing the same insufficient pieces of evidence (almost entirely second-hand stuff, dispersed by LE and derived from 2 videos, some interviews, and some affidavits) that we know about.

Her story was so tragic I had a hard time remaining focused on BB. And her situation and how she felt was not always like BBs. For me, it was a serious distraction.

BB has always appeared to be "relaxed" in interviews. He doesn't seem to have any problems talking about whatever, wherever and whenever. IMO, this has caused him problems. I'm not sure why he continues to consent to these interviews. Yes, it's good for WSers. It gives us another listen and look.

Steve, that’s a great idea. We do have some other non related SWFA videos from that parking lot. Nighttime and rain is the problem plus the high angle of the cam of course.
What we have here is an additional magnifying effect caused by water on the glass IMO. Things look closer than they are, but they also become clearer (magnified) by the moisture patches on the windshield.

A reanactment during a rainy night would be great, so we can compare apples to apples.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Nin,

Do you have the file @Jethro4WS possesses where he isolated each frame of the SWFA video so you're not working from screenshots? Or, perhaps, you made your own file of individual frames and there are thousands, as I recall. You may not be working from SSs.

If Jethro doesn't show up to drop the link, I'll search my files for the link, if need be.

PS - Thank you so much for the important volunteer work you are doing for Missy.

There is a lot going on in the SWFA vehicle IMO. We have to be careful not to misinterpret artifacts or errors as something, that isn't there. In general, when I work on a frame, I have already made sure there are sequences of frames all showing the same area of interest. Sometimes a frame or two best display the area of interest or the layers in an image are just best workable with. Then again, I want to see at least a progression of that area of interest before approaching it.

A(rrin) S(toner) released his video yesterday based on the vehicle finishing its S curve on the NW parking lot of the SWFA. I posted before, that an object is landing on the dashboard around that time - I do think it's the dashboard, how ever close it is to the windshield - and has been taken away shortly after. That object, which some think it's a hardhat or some kind of a helmet may be a baseball cap IMO. It landed on what AS describes as a possible notebook. AS is very detailed in his analysis and it is worth watching his work.

To refresh the image with the possible baseball cap:

View attachment 293358
Click to enlarge

After AS published his video I went ahead and checked out the frames, where it is stated that the driver quickly peeks out the side window. I did not get to work on that side window image, but found this instead, or I should say in addition. The driver is fumbling around his face/ head area before approaching that final moment just before the halt. Some things are flying on and off the dashboard, some reflections on the windshield occur IMO. There may or may not be additional passengers or creatures in the vehicle. I have not focused on that yet.

I believe now, that the driver either added a possible hairpiece or put up a mask, or removed his balaclava and/ or put up a face mask. There are probably other explanations, but that's what I see. I had to enlarge the area, so you can see it. Please do not edit the image any further:

View attachment 293371
Click to enlarge

View attachment 293366

Click to enlarge

View attachment 293372
Click to enlarge

View attachment 293365

Click to enlarge

I isolated the image(s) and worked via toning and filters to get the result. No overlays. Any similarities to any person are coincidental. This post is solely my work and my opinion only.

ALL IMO

-Nin
Excellent work Nin. Just picking up on the dashboard object, do you think it's possible it's the windscreen wiper and water splash creating the illusion of something on the dash along with light reflection?

Has anyone got a good shot of a sticker on the left window indicating it's a Texas registration? I haven't been able to see it at all. Thanks if anyone can put up a pic, that'd be great.

My eyes may be playing tricks on me too, but what i think i see, is a woman (but could be male) with a sharp(ish) face and long dark hair pulled behind and sitting with a dog in the front seat (yellow lab or other light-coat dog w black nose?)
imo, speculation.
From, FromGermany's post upthread..

:) Oh, I remember the long haired, light coloured "dog" (?) very well, which I saw once, long time ago. Idk, if it was this or another, better pic .....
ETA: Perhaps the woman could be a long haired male also. A kind of Jesus-type, so-to-say.

Last edited:
Preview of the piece CBS in Dallas is doing tonight at 10 on forensic podiatrist Dr. Michael Nirenberg, who has consulted on Missy’s case. Nary a mention of peg legs, at least in the preview.

Forensic Podiatrist Called By FBI To Study Missy Bevers' Killer's Gait, Explains Investigative Process
Thanks for the link @Gumshoe Stories. And thanks too for revealing the mystery object ... would not have picked it as that in a million years. I/we all can stop obsessing about trying to figure out what that object is.

When I go back to the original SWFA video (unaltered / only zoomed), the drivers seat looks like someone in dark clothing with neck showing the way the SWAT Perp does. My eyes/opinion only.. This is from the 7min mark.

Attachments

• 220D5DB8-7DA1-4A4C-A767-0C6B292F583F.jpeg
    220D5DB8-7DA1-4A4C-A767-0C6B292F583F.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 16657B79-D2F4-4AB4-B564-2669010E7AED.jpeg
    16657B79-D2F4-4AB4-B564-2669010E7AED.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 60
Preview of the piece CBS in Dallas is doing tonight at 10 on forensic podiatrist Dr. Michael Nirenberg, who has consulted on Missy’s case. Nary a mention of peg legs, at least in the preview.

Forensic Podiatrist Called By FBI To Study Missy Bevers' Killer's Gait, Explains Investigative Process

GS, thanks for posting this. One thing I'm confused about - was the perp wearing boots or shoes? I thought I'd seen reference to boots previously but the Stoner videos seem to talk about pant legs.
(I also can't get over how there's no mud/messy/wet floors in the church given the rainy night.)

GS, thanks for posting this. One thing I'm confused about - was the perp wearing boots or shoes? I thought I'd seen reference to boots previously but the Stoner videos seem to talk about pant legs.
(I also can't get over how there's no mud/messy/wet floors in the church given the rainy night.)

They seem to wear something like a low type hiking shoe/ lifestyle shoe:

MB SP Lower leg shoe.png
click to enlarge

Source:
MPD video

-Nin

Excellent work Nin. Just picking up on the dashboard object, do you think it's possible it's the windscreen wiper and water splash creating the illusion of something on the dash along with light reflection?

Has anyone got a good shot of a sticker on the left window indicating it's a Texas registration? I haven't been able to see it at all. Thanks if anyone can put up a pic, that'd be great.

There is a reflection caused by a light on the building plus wiper plus water, yes, but that happens earlier, twice actually, just before the windshield goes dark. The car is then in the process of passing the tree you see in the foreground. I thought at first it may be a reflection, but the object then went back into the interior of the car. No reflection IMO.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Nin,

Do you have the file @Jethro4WS possesses where he isolated each frame of the SWFA video so you're not working from screenshots? Or, perhaps, you made your own file of individual frames and there are thousands, as I recall. You may not be working from SSs.

If Jethro doesn't show up to drop the link, I'll search my files for the link, if need be.

PS - Thank you so much for the important volunteer work you are doing for Missy.

DeDee, thank you, you would have to ask Jethro about that. I have spliced up the video into many short pieces and go after particular frame sequences. I play the video in adjusted mode (brightness, tonality etc.) and find key pieces I want to work on. We are talking about well over 20000 frames in totality.

-Nin

Tonight I saved your images ^^ to Windows and used the magnifying tool on them. In the second image, the white object on the dash looks like a cowboy hat to me now. Like this:
images

or this Stetson:
https://www.amazon.com/Stetson-Mens...ocphy=9061200&hvtargid=pla-570642869200&psc=1

I think it looks bigger than a baseball type hat.

ETA: (I could also believe it's a bag of fries from Whataburger.)

Tonight I saved your images ^^ to Windows and used the magnifying tool on them. In the second image, the white object on the dash looks like a cowboy hat to me now. Like this:
images

or this Stetson:
https://www.amazon.com/Stetson-Mens...ocphy=9061200&hvtargid=pla-570642869200&psc=1

I think it looks bigger than a baseball type hat.

ETA: (I could also believe it's a bag of fries from Whataburger.)

That's a possibility as well. (Do you work for Whataburger..;-)

I see something like this, a baseball style cap on a booklet ( or notebook, as AS points out in his YT video):

book2.jpgNI dashboard pro gr x cropped XL.png
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors