TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was so interesting to hear how he's coped with the murder of his wife, the mother of his three girls. Having to move because the middle girl was overwhelmed with memories and needed a new start. How the girls' grandmother lived with them for two years.

Especially interesting is that the LE lied to him.

Just wondering - at the point where it looks like someone's in the passenger seat around 0.58 .... could this be an inflatable blow-up person/action figure maybe as some form of security, makes it look like there's two in the car and a burly looking passenger? Just an idea I got after looking at the footage, will try and get a closer view as it looks like he brings it up and then pushes it back down.

My eyes may be playing tricks on me too, but what i think i see, is a woman (but could be male) with a sharp(ish) face and long dark hair pulled behind and sitting with a dog in the front seat (yellow lab or other light-coat dog w black nose?)
imo, speculation.
From, FromGermany's post upthread..

MissySWFA0482016surveill058of751.jpg
(ss by me)
I stopped the surveillance video at 0:58 and for me it looks like either one driver and one passenger or one driver, beside him on the front passenger seat maybe a dog and from the seat behind the two people there is seen another face (a person, who is probably bending forward a bit).
I'm sure, in the next frame it might be different again. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, today is not the time to do more of these things.

Just wondering - at the point where it looks like someone's in the passenger seat around 0.58 .... could this be an inflatable blow-up person/action figure maybe as some form of security, makes it look like there's two in the car and a burly looking passenger? Just an idea I got after looking at the footage, will try and get a closer view as it looks like he brings it up and then pushes it back down.
Funny, you looked just at the same second of video. Something like that might be perhaps, on the front passenger seat. Who knows, how creative this person is in leading the analysers of the surveillance video astray ....

So these are the timelines I'm getting:

1:58am - Altima enters the SWFA.

2:04am - Altima leaves the SWFA store.

2:23am - Camera/s inside the church are mysteriously activated. We don't know if it was a specific camera, many cameras or all cameras inside the church.

3:50am - SP is first seen on camera.

A 6 min gap between the Altima entering the SWFA store and leaving.

About a 19min gap between the Altima leaving and camera/s inside the church mysteriously being activated. I think it takes about 2 mins to drive from SWFA to the church.

A 1 hour 27 min gap between the church camera/s being activated and the SP being first seen on footage.

Do we know exactly how long the SP spent in the kitchen area before appearing on camera? An hour and a half gap is quite some time if we assume the Altima driver is SP and they're connected to the cameras mysteriously activating.

I own some of those, and know exactly what they look like and their dimensions. They are 10.5" x 3" and 2.5 inches deep. I use mine as a place to contain small tools (like sockets, small wrenches, etc) within my toolbox.

However, it looks to me like the object in hand is more like a box you'd see on a store shelf, with a picture (of contents) on the end and on the side.

I took pictures in a dimly lighted area of what I own, and also tried to make it blurry in some of them, and the problem is that if there's enough light to make the object "white" then there's way more "white" area (ie, plastic) and way less "dark" area (ie, the slots), and not almost solid black like we see in the video - the end result being very gray or even striped. In addition, what "stripes" we see in the video are at an angle, whereas the item as identified has slots that are essentially perpendicular to the top and bottom, iow going straight up and down. It was hard to tell if I was actually seeing differences or not, because of the video's limited definition, but enough to make me wonder.

So respectfully, I gotta ask - Did that "identification" come from someone who would know because they personally saw said "object" out of place and collected/noted by LE at CCOC after the crime, and thereby knew that's what it was? Or is this info from someone seeing that item somewhere and thinking "This looks like the video object to me"?

The first 4 pics are from my cam using various lighting configurations and blurred movement to see what was possible, and the last is from the video for comparison where you can see the degree of clarity of the white areas, yet on sides and end it is almost all darkBox 1.jpg Box 4 clear.jpg B 3 b.jpg Box 5 pair.jpg Box in CCOC video.png .

I own some of those, and know exactly what they look like and their dimensions. They are 10.5" x 3" and 2.5 inches deep. I use mine as a place to contain small tools (like sockets, small wrenches, etc) within my toolbox.

However, it looks to me like the object in hand is more like a box you'd see on a store shelf, with a picture (of contents) on the end and on the side.

I took pictures in a dimly lighted area of what I own, and also tried to make it blurry in some of them, and the problem is that if there's enough light to make the object "white" then there's way more "white" area (ie, plastic) and way less "dark" area (ie, the slots), and not almost solid black like we see in the video - the end result being very gray or even striped. In addition, what "stripes" we see in the video are at an angle, whereas the item as identified has slots that are essentially perpendicular to the top and bottom, iow going straight up and down. It was hard to tell if I was actually seeing differences or not, because of the video's limited definition, but enough to make me wonder.

So respectfully, I gotta ask - Did that "identification" come from someone who would know because they personally saw said "object" out of place and collected/noted by LE at CCOC after the crime, and thereby knew that's what it was? Or is this info from someone seeing that item somewhere and thinking "This looks like the video object to me"?

The first 4 pics are from my cam using various lighting configurations and blurred movement to see what was possible, and the last is from the video for comparison where you can see the degree of clarity of the white areas, yet on sides and end it is almost all darkView attachment 293487 View attachment 293505 View attachment 293506 View attachment 293507 View attachment 293508 .
I always try to make it clear when something is my speculation, vs. something from a so-so source that may or may not be true, vs. something that is rock solid that I know to be true. This falls in that last category. You of course are welcome to believe it or not believe it.

There’s no way to duplicate the photos exactly unless you had the exact same camera as the church had, in the same area with the same lighting, with the same exact kind of tray, and the tray would probably need to have the same objects in it. The color and mass and distribution of those objects in the tray are what cause the dark areas to appear as they do. Plus the perp is holding the tray palm-down with a black glove.

ETA: Here is another pic. Steve, your tray is not exactly the same. The slots are different.
C9F5E623-CE77-4DF2-8D17-6DAD28576941.jpeg

Last edited:
I always try to make it clear when something is my speculation, vs. something from a so-so source that may or may not be true, vs. something that is rock solid that I know to be true. This falls in that last category. You of course are welcome to believe it or not believe it.

There’s no way to duplicate the photos exactly unless you had the exact same camera as the church had, in the same area with the same lighting, with the same exact kind of tray, and the tray would probably need to have the same objects in it. The color and mass and distribution of those objects in the tray are what cause the dark areas to appear as they do. Plus the perp is holding the tray palm-down with a black glove.

ETA: Here is another pic. Steve, your tray is not exactly the same. The slots are different. The dimensions you gave are different as well.
View attachment 293510
Can you link your video on revealing this object? Any idea why SP would have picked up these particular objects? Strange.

I always try to make it clear when something is my speculation, vs. something from a so-so source that may or may not be true, vs. something that is rock solid that I know to be true.

Understood. That is what I was wondering, because previously at times you have phrased your information on this object as "I think I know" or "I have a very good idea" or "I think I've figured it out" or something similar.

There’s no way to duplicate the photos exactly unless you had the exact same camera as the church had, in the same area with the same lighting, with the same exact kind of tray, and the tray would probably need to have the same objects in it.

Yes, I get that.

The color and mass and distribution of those objects in the tray are what cause the dark areas to appear as they do.

Respectfully, that's NOT really accurate. The objects in the tray only impact the slot color. They wouldn't impact the color of the plastic in front of those objects at all. And (as noted below) the lack of seeing the white in front is what raises questions, not the color of what's behind. I can take pictures with lumps of coal filling the object to the brim, and you'd still see all those white lines in front.

ETA: Here is another pic. Steve, your tray is not exactly the same. The slots are different. The dimensions you gave are different as well.

You are correct that my tray is not exactly the same. There is indeed a difference in the slots on the sides, as on yours there are fewer of them and they are farther apart. Its dimensions probably are the very same, however - I used a measuring tape and used rounded dimensions, and I see it's close enough to be a match for the size of what you chose from the store.

However, the main diff is that the plastic "slats" in yours actually have MORE white plastic area which means it should have shown even more white or stripes than mine, or be more grayish if blurred/pixelated, inasmuch as those white slats are fewer in number but notably wider than mine. In addition, yours are just as definitely perpendicular, not at an angle as the few white spaces appear in the video. Just saying.

So these are the timelines I'm getting:

1:58am - Altima enters the SWFA.

2:04am - Altima leaves the SWFA store.

2:23am - Camera/s inside the church are mysteriously activated. We don't know if it was a specific camera, many cameras or all cameras inside the church.

3:50am - SP is first seen on camera.

A 6 min gap between the Altima entering the SWFA store and leaving.

About a 19min gap between the Altima leaving and camera/s inside the church mysteriously being activated. I think it takes about 2 mins to drive from SWFA to the church.

A 1 hour 27 min gap between the church camera/s being activated and the SP being first seen on footage.

Do we know exactly how long the SP spent in the kitchen area before appearing on camera? An hour and a half gap is quite some time if we assume the Altima driver is SP and they're connected to the cameras mysteriously activating.

Thanks for laying out the time again.
Since we haven't heard that SP ate an early breakfast in the kitchen, the gap in time makes you wonder if there were other parking lots that needed to have their surveillance tapes reviewed?

Understood. That is what I was wondering, because previously at times you have phrased your information on this object as "I think I know" or "I have a very good idea" or "I think I've figured it out" or something similar.

Yes, I get that.

Respectfully, that's NOT really accurate. The objects in the tray only impact the slot color. They wouldn't impact the color of the plastic in front of those objects at all. And (as noted below) the lack of seeing the white in front is what raises questions, not the color of what's behind. I can take pictures with lumps of coal filling the object to the brim, and you'd still see all those white lines in front.

You are correct that my tray is not exactly the same. There is indeed a difference in the slots on the sides, as on yours there are fewer of them and they are farther apart. Its dimensions probably are the very same, however - I used a measuring tape and used rounded dimensions, and I see it's close enough to be a match for the size of what you chose from the store.

However, the main diff is that the plastic "slats" in yours actually have MORE white plastic area which means it should have shown even more white or stripes than mine, or be more grayish if blurred/pixelated, inasmuch as those white slats are fewer in number but notably wider than mine. In addition, yours are just as definitely perpendicular, not at an angle as the few white spaces appear in the video. Just saying.
One other thing to keep in mind is the potential for pixelization, color bleed, etc as the object is zoomed in on. And we know that from the time door 10 opens to the shift in scene to the hammering, police used the security system’s Zoom functionality to get a close-up view of the object. Degradation is going to occur when zooming in on a pic that is already less than ideal resolution. I’m not a graphic expert, but I know that much. And your photos were taken with a higher resolution camera while also not trying to duplicate the fact that a gloved hand is holding it across the top and possibly creating some shadows from the ceiling lights.

iirc BWH is 6 feet tall? MPD has not wavered that their estimate of SP is 5'3" to 5'7" (the average height of USA adult females*), or has that changed?

* ETA JMO from height percentile
Height Percentile Calculator by Gender (United States)
- 50% of all USA females over 20 years old fall within 5'1.65" and 5'5.63" with 25% shorter and 25% taller.
-50% of all US males over 20 years fall within 5'7.01" and 5'11.02" with 25% shorter and 25% taller.

Last edited:
iirc BWH is 6 feet tall? MPD has not wavered that their estimate of SP is 5'3" to 5'7" (the average height of USA adult females), or has that changed?
BWH listed 6’1” on his drivers license. Assuming spinal compression that comes with age, along with him generally being a liar, we can take a few inches off that.

Police say SP is 5’8” from the floor to the top of the helmet while dressed as shown. So 5’5” is probably a pretty good estimate for “actual” height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member