GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Surprised just due to the amount of testimony I would have felt I needed to go over personally if I was a juror. Regardless how this goes, I just hope each juror feels confident in their vote, and most importantly everyone is able to stay safe. For me, this case is a reminder that any of us can be a few simple choices away from changing our life or the life of others.

I'd give him 20 yrs in prison due to the aggravating factors of depravity and the fact that he was in a position of trusted authority as a police officer who is supposed to serve and protect.

This is my only post on this matter.

I watched in horror at what happened and know what my opinion is about Chauvin.

Very quick decision on the part of the jury.

There aren't many trials that are explicitly tied to politics but this is one of them. When social justice and the law co-mingle, politics will always be involved. Murders are a dime a dozen unfortunately, but very few murders create a paradigm shift in the way institutions are run. Law enforcement is a pillar of a well run democracy. When society sees cracks in that pillar we don't need politicians weighing in until the results are known. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member