GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the potential charges:

Second-degree unintentional murder - Killing a human intentionally, but without premeditation or causing a death unintentionally, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict great physical harm on the victim. (Second-degree murder is sentenced to up to 40 years in Minnesota)

Third-degree murder - A depraved-heart or mind murder, which places others in eminent danger of death and disregarding human life. (Third-degree murder is sentenced to up to 25 years in Minnesota)

Second-degree manslaughter - The person's culpable negligence when the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another. (Second-degree manslaughter is sentenced to up to 10 years or a fine of not more than $20,000, or both)

yeah, wherever the guilty/not guilty's fall ... I'm shocked it only took 10 hours. But then being reminded of other deliberations... I guess I shouldn't be ;)

Nancy Grace had a murder case that only took the jury fifteen minutes to return a verdict. Iirc, it was a death penalty case too.

Others have been much shorter too.

Jmho

Here are the potential charges:

Second-degree unintentional murder - Killing a human intentionally, but without premeditation or causing a death unintentionally, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict great physical harm on the victim. (Second-degree murder is sentenced to up to 40 years in Minnesota)

Third-degree murder - A depraved-heart or mind murder, which places others in eminent danger of death and disregarding human life. (Third-degree murder is sentenced to up to 25 years in Minnesota)

Second-degree manslaughter - The person's culpable negligence when the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another. (Second-degree manslaughter is sentenced to up to 10 years or a fine of not more than $20,000, or both)

I would say the facts fit 3rd degree murder or second degree manslaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member