GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unfortunate part is... this may have to happen again. I think the defense has good grounds on appeal, for MANY reasons. Before the verdict was announced, and even now... lawyers/talking heads... all say that this is one case that will most likely be successful on appeal.

I wonder though, given that DC was going to plead on 3rd degree, he may just decide he's never going to win and just accept the verdict without appeal. Mind you, I'm sure his lawyer would advise him otherwise but ultimately it's up to the defendant.

Whoa. I was so attentive this morning to the verdict watch and then set it all aside to do dreaded financial reports....only to check in to see a verdict was reached.

Are we all ready?

jmo

I am ready and emotional. I have kids of color and have been wanting justice for Mr. Floyd. This is just one case and there remains a need for a lot of change.

Most remember where they were when the Space Shuttle blew up.
Most remember where they were when the OJ verdict was read.
Most will remember where they were when the Chauvin verdict was read
I've been thinking lately about where I was when OJ was read. I'm on the east coast, and I went to a bar with co-workers. The place was packed with everyone watching TVs to see the verdict read. I remember the huge, collective gasp and then complete silence.

jmo

I wonder though, given that DC was going to plead on 3rd degree, he may just decide he's never going to win and just accept the verdict without appeal. Mind you, I'm sure his lawyer would advise him otherwise but ultimately it's up to the defendant.
Yeah, but he wanted to serve his time in federal prison, which would be a country club compared to state prison.

The unfortunate part is... this may have to happen again. I think the defense has good grounds on appeal, for MANY reasons. Before the verdict was announced, and even now... lawyers/talking heads... all say that this is one case that will most likely be successful on appeal.

The judge said may be grounds on the Waters comment. I don't think there is lots of room for appeals. But, I do think we will know at some point in the very near future. Even if tried again, I don't think Chauvin would be acquitted.

I had to go look up prior cases where the verdict was a surprise and I guess my memory isn’t so great because the OJ verdict came back in 4 hours and Casey Anthony came back in 10. Meanwhile it takes me that long to decide what I will eat for dinner.

Was it 4 hours for OJ? I remember listening to the verdict at work with a transistor radio.

That’s a really good point. I hadn’t thought of it, but you may be right!

I've been thinking lately about where I was when OJ was read. I'm on the east coast, and I went to a bar with co-workers. The place was packed with everyone watching TVs to see the verdict read. I remember the huge, collective gasp and then complete silence.

jmo
I felt that way about Casey Anthony and was living in Orlando at the time... it was shocking... no words said either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong